I got mine too :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2011, 11:11 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My doppler came today (WAY FAST SHIPPING)
I was kind of scared to use it, was afraid that I wouldn't be able to find the HB. It did take me a minute and almost the whole little packet of complimentary gel but I found it! It was in the low 130s. So now I'm a little freaked out that last week it was in the 160s and it went down that much in a week.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

August 3rd, 2011, 12:09 PM
Clare's Avatar Wishy
Send a message via AIM to Clare
Im sure its nothing to worry about. What make did you get - ive been looking at the angel sounds one.
August 3rd, 2011, 12:23 PM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The baby could've been sleeping; also, heart rates tend to drop a bit, I think, after 10-12 weeks.

You will love listening to your baby throughout the pregnancy. :-)

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

August 3rd, 2011, 12:55 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cool that you got it sooner than you expected! WOOHOO Im sure 130 is fine, at least you found a heartbeat! haha I tried again yesterday evening with mine and I didnt find anything at all! So frustrating but im sure all is good. I found a slow "swoosh swoosh swoosh" pulsing sound right at the sides of my uterus, too slow for babies heartbeat but it sounded like what the midwife picked up at my appointment and told me it was the placenta pulsing nutrients to my baby! Pretty cool! I can't wait to find a definite heartbeat though!!! Gender scan in about 4 weeks so might have to wait until then for a proper listen.

August 3rd, 2011, 01:00 PM
momma2kacie's Avatar Veteran
I'm gonna have to break down and order one! Now to just get DH to give me the money lol.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thank you KimberlyD0 for my wonderful siggy!!!

August 3rd, 2011, 01:03 PM
Super Mommy
>< I want one, but I have I feeling if I get one it will be glued to my belly for the next 6 months lol

And I wouldn't worry about the hb being in the 130 I'm sure everything is just fine
August 3rd, 2011, 01:15 PM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got the Sonoline B. It runs about $50-$60 and it works great!
I tried one more time before I took a shower, because my kids wanted to hear it. I counted it out instead of watching the numbers on the screen (I was told not to pay attention to those) and it was a bit higher so I'm happy. And this is by far the best money ever spent I couldn't be happier.
I did tell myself though, that I will ONLY use it every 3 days. I'm going to give it to DH to hid when he gets home. I don't want to over use it and I don't want to obsess about it.

Sarah, I'm sure you'll be able to find your little one soon. Mine was still very low and off to the right a little.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

August 3rd, 2011, 01:26 PM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
I have the Sonoline as well. I read somewhere that the actual heart rate read out on them isn't always accurate as its not very strong and can often miss beats depending on the position and closeness of the baby to the probe. I wouldn't worry about the low number too much at all.

Have fun with your doppler! It was by far my best purchase so far as well
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
August 3rd, 2011, 01:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay
I can't wait to have the kids hear the heartbeat
Im gonna borrow one from a friend soon

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search