Pregnancy making you anti-social??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2011, 09:46 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
I have become SUCH a hermit.

I am mostly just tired, therefore being at home and relaxing is most appealing but before I became pregnant, I was very social, barely sat still and enjoyed being busy.. not now! Now I like being at home and I don't really feel up to visitors all that often, I definately don't feel like going out. The only time I feel 'up to' doing any thing is when it's just Chris and I hanging out.. like going out for dinner or going shopping.

Just getting off my butt and showering has become quite the painful task
Don't even get me started on leaving the house!

Am I normal? Hahaha!

Is this happening to anyone else?

Starting a clomid journey!
August 3rd, 2011, 09:49 PM
femketje's Avatar Crazed Country Rebel
Yes.

I hate going on the subway every morning now mainly due to large crowds of people. I've started to show obviously for a couple of weeks now and no one offers their seat. Some days I'd rather sleep through dinner time or be alone. I leave the house but I tire very easily these days.. feet hurt a lot.
August 3rd, 2011, 10:08 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I get tired quickly, and of course have to pee every couple or so hours. I keep to myself a lot, but there are also times I get super lonely and have to walk my dog or go to the store to get out of the house.
August 3rd, 2011, 10:08 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Yes! I was talking to a pregnant friend over the phone and told her that I think I've chased off my friends and family. I am not up to company, but I do get lonely, so I call friends and family a lot to try to keep my mind off being so sick. She's one of the three ladies I know that understand and help me keep my mind off it. Everyone else is sick of me. lol But at least she's due within a month of me and can complain right back about pregnancy!
August 3rd, 2011, 10:20 PM
Veteran
Yeah, going out seems pointless anymore, an exhausting/ adventurous day for me involves driving somewhere to get some food
August 3rd, 2011, 10:29 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep Im an absolute HERMIT. I must admit I am being a little more adventurous now that i'm into the 2nd trimester (feeling a bit better) But I would MUCH rather blob at home with DD and DH and as for going out at night, it seems like such a good idea at the time, then come time to get ready to go out (for dinner or whatever it might be) I dread the event! hahahah Putting makeup on and finding clothes that look any good disguising my ever growing bump (ok so Im still small but to me it's HUGE) It's just not fun at the moment.

I long for the day to go out and have a drink with mates again, but that has to wait until after the 9 months, and then some (for breastfeeding) BUT that first real night out when you are done breast feeding and have had some sleep is AMAZING!!!! I got SO drunk off 2 glasses of wine after my last pregnancy! Hahah Cheap night out huh!

For the record I never was much of a party animal b4 kids, but I do still enjoy the occassional blow out!

August 3rd, 2011, 10:54 PM
NewStar's Avatar Veteran
Yes for sure ! Am quite happy to stay at home and sleep or sit on my laptop. What makes it worse is when I am around anyone they iritate me for no reason at all so that all adds up to being antisocial also. I feel rather guilty about it....

August 4th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes I would much rather stay home
Seems like its always me trying to make plans with friends I just want to say ummm I'm sick and tired all the time would it be so hard to come over to my house & hang out

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 4th, 2011, 03:55 AM
Veteran
Totally with you!!! My only adventures are with the husband, since he won't care what my issue for the moment happens to be (irritated, peeing every five minutes, etc). I try to keep myself company via my blog...that counts, I think?
August 4th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow and i thought i was the only one!! i have no drive to do anything!! i just wanna stay home and be left alone! i use to love going out not anymore!

August 4th, 2011, 06:27 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
Yes! I don't even want DH near me, I just sit in my room watching TV mostly(I am on bed rest), when anyone comes over to help I feel irritated by their presence,lol. It's awful but it will pass when we start feeling better.

1/25/12

August 4th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Shannon1978's Avatar ~Formerly Donkey Lemonade
I agree! I am a teacher and I am on summer break. I have to go back to work on Monday and I am not sure I am going to do it. I spent a lot of time sitting on my couch and trying not to puke! LOL!
August 4th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Mrs.Mikey's Avatar Kay- mom of Bryson
Yep- I just want to be home! DH will sometimes walk up to the restaurant on the corner to have a beer b/c I am so boring, but really who wants to go sit while the other person drinks? really

August 4th, 2011, 07:51 AM
jaelin's Avatar Super Mommy
I love to go out and wish I felt up to doing it. As it is I have been going to bed at 9pm. and thats because if I go to bed any earlier I have to get up in like 2 hours to pee anyway. So no going out for me.
We have invited some friends to come over this saturday for a bonfire and cookout. I hope I have the energy for that.
Mars (9 months
)

missing my 2 angels

"Every person in the world has passed through the body of a woman..."

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...77625732258607
August 4th, 2011, 07:52 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was like that before pregnancy so nothing new for me. I hate social situations of any kind and barely go anywhere. I just don't like being around groups of people. One thing I did not do was press the ignore button on my phone but now I do. Id rather not talk to anyone on the phone either.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

August 4th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Veteran
Ditto what everyone else has said. It's all I can do to get out and go to dinner. Ugh.
August 4th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Jaz.MomTo1's Avatar hoping & praying
Girl! I was just telling my friend this morning this is so me! I don't feel like going anywhere, doing anything with anybody! I would lay in bed all day every day if I could! I can't wait til I start feeling better.. this is not me! lol

+
Interracial Love
August 4th, 2011, 02:08 PM
mercedes1987's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to mercedes1987
I was very anti social with my last one, and this one 1st trimester caused me to be anti social. when you dont feel well you don't feel much like socializing.
Thats my experience. I'm feeling a bit better and enjoying socializing more now.

BTDT MOMMY.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search