Cramps :(

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone still getting cramps thats over 12 weeks? Mine have been bad the last couple days, and feel very period like. I had irritable uterus starting at 16 weeks with DS, Im just hoping that this is not the start of it again I hate feeling cramps when your preggo!
August 4th, 2011, 11:35 AM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
I just went to the doctor for those kind of cramps and she checked the heartbeat everything good and she said that its your tendons around your utures that are growing that make it feel like its period cramps. So she said get used to that but its going to keep growing and grow faster now. hope this helps, if you see any bleeding at all go to the ER but usually if no bleeding i wouldnt worry about it to much or you can call your doctor too and see what she/he thinks you should do. They might make you an earlier appointment just to make sure everything is okay. I hope everything is well!

August 4th, 2011, 11:43 AM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Aww I'm sorry! I haven't had any yet but I never have gotten af cramps ever! So maybe I'm weird lol

August 4th, 2011, 12:11 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
I'm only 11 weeks but I feel occassional cramps, they come and go. Nothing major but enough to worry me based on what cramps meant with my last pregnancy. Now that I am further along I think I will check the heartbeat more regularly with my doppler, just didn't want to freak myself out if I couldn't find it.
August 4th, 2011, 12:29 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I sometimes get that feeling if I get gassy. Especially if I drink milk or eat too much cheese (since I'm lactose intolerant). Gas and colon issues can make your uterus contract. If I'm not mistaken that's the theory behind using castor oil to induce labor at the end. Maybe you've eaten a lot of fiber and it's making you gassy? Just a more positive possibility than irritable uterus...

August 4th, 2011, 12:54 PM
~Mindy~'s Avatar Full hands...Full ❤
I get them off an on. I have irritable uterus as well, but mine doesn't usually start until around 30 weeks. I hope you feel better soon!

Mindy ~ Mom to Dharma ~11
Leilani ~9
Dylan ~ 6
Malachi ~3
Delilah ~5 months

August 4th, 2011, 01:35 PM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
I get little shots of electricity once and a while on either my left or right lower abdomen. This week its been shooting down to my hooha...not so comfortable. The doctor says this is the right time for round ligament pain, which means baby is growing!!! Unless you are doubled over in pain with bleeding, you have nothing to worry about girl!!

August 4th, 2011, 01:41 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
I get all sorts of strange pains down there! Gas like pains, quick & sharp stitch like pains, pains in my VERY lower back, gas pain, occasional aches, niggly pains..
Some times I'll get another of my random pains and think "Oh!! That one was interesting". Ha ha.
I have had 'pains' from the get go and have been told by my doctors it's all normal.

Starting a clomid journey!
August 4th, 2011, 01:49 PM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I just did right at the start of 14 weeks. Went in to see doc and everything. Nothing was wrong. But, I have noticed ALOT of belly growth since then so I'm thinking that may be playing a part.
August 4th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i had cramps not to long ago and i ended up having really bad gas! ive never had bathroom problems with my last two but i do now and its sometimes terrible!

August 4th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies, good to know Im not the only one! It does make me feel better! I told myself after what I went through with DS and the irritable uterus starting at 16 weeks I wouldnt worry about contractions/ cramping with this one......well looky looky at me now

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search