Has anyone used Prevacid before?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Does it take a few days to really kick in? Did you get any initial side effects? Did they clear up, and how long was it before they did?
August 4th, 2011, 03:26 PM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
DH takes it. Are you allowed to take it during pregnancy? For most OTC medications I would ask your OB before taking anything.

August 4th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I've used prevacid before. I actually started on pariet and then switched to prevacid, because the pariet was not working for me anymore. The only side affect I really experienced on it was occasional diarrhea. It was definitely worse in the beginning, althoughit still d oes bother me occassionally. I don't take it every day, so it's hard to say if that helped alleviate the side effect as well.

I've been trying to avoid taking it unless I really have to, since I'm already taking other medication. My doctor said that's it's not their first choice of medication, they usually prefer zantac, but he said if Zantac doesn't work, it is alright to take it.

Last edited by iris1979; August 4th, 2011 at 03:30 PM.
August 4th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherGoAround View Post
DH takes it. Are you allowed to take it during pregnancy? For most OTC medications I would ask your OB before taking anything.
Prevacid is actually rated "B" for pregnancy, but mine is prescription grade. I have gestational acid reflux, and so far prescription Prevacid is a fail. I'm just wondering if I need a certain amount in my system before it really works?
August 4th, 2011, 03:56 PM
It's possible it will take some time, when I first started taking my acid reflux medication, i was feeling so sick that it took almost 2 months until I started feeling better. Even though the doctor said it's normally a month at the most.
August 4th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH takes Prevacid and he said that it took about a week before he started to really feel any results.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search