Typically.. When do you have a baby shower?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2011, 05:54 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
I have begun wondering when I should have one! I don't live in the same state as my family and friends, & unfortunately water separates our homes! So I can't fly on a plane past 36 weeks (apparently) so I need to do it by beginning of january.
But I don't want it too close to Christmas.. That's just mean! People have enough to do and spend money on in December without me selfishly adding to the list.

Is November too early or is December ok?

Starting a clomid journey!
August 4th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Super Mommy
Usually around 7 months, some people do it later, but I wouldn't do it earlier but Rhys just me
August 4th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I had mine at 8 months, but 7 months sounds like a good time, too.
August 4th, 2011, 06:30 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
I'm having that same problem. I don't want to have a shower right before, during, or after the holidays.

50% Viability for me is November 10th, so I think we will have ours right before Thanksgiving to avoid the Christmas Shopping rush. I wouldn't want to wait until Jan or Feb when everyone is still in recovery, I don't think. But we'll see. I guess it depends on how the baby is doing.

August 4th, 2011, 06:31 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
My DS was due in March I had it in early Feb. just in case I went early. But I already have my crib and big stuff like stroller and car seat. So I was set if I went into labor early. I say 1-2 months in advances since there is always a small chance you can loose the baby.. I have know a few of friends loose their babies at 6 months which is sad and seeing baby stuff made them really upset. But I know in my DD DDC a lot of people had theirs pretty early too.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
August 5th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Super Mommy
I won't get a shower this time being my second (not socially acceptable around here). But with DD I was also due late February. I didn't want to do it after the holidays when everyone was already strapped and I'm glad I didn't b/c by then I was irratible and uncomforatable and wouldn't have enjoyed myself. Mine was early November which worked out perfectly. I was still far along enough I didn't feel silly having it but it was early enough I was still physically able to enjoy it.

Coming soon...... Linkin Archer
August 5th, 2011, 05:59 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
I've been wondering about this too. I will probably have mine before the holidays, or at least in between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't want to buy much before the shower, I have a huge family and will probably get most everything I need. So the sooner the better!
August 5th, 2011, 06:26 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had one on 12 years, but we did it around 32 weeks I think.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

August 5th, 2011, 07:17 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both of our families live across the country so we have to go to them for our baby showers. We're having them in late November because I don't think with our jobs we can get away at Christmas plus I wouldn't want my shower then. And by January I won't be able to fly so pretty much November is it for us. I know a friend out here is throwing me a shower but that one will probably be late Jan or early Feb.
August 5th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine will probably be late January early February. But I live really close to all my family and friends. And I live in Texas and it's a million degrees here so I think that when/if it does snow, the ground will be too warm for it to stick!

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
August 5th, 2011, 08:00 AM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
My family lives in another state and alots of people are traveling to go so my mom is having in nov. before the weather gets really bad and not to close to christmas and i am having one at home in Jan.

August 5th, 2011, 08:13 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
I am worried about this too. late dec would be perfect timing if Christmas could be moved! I'm thinking 2nd week in Jan, but then you have bad weather to contend with.
August 5th, 2011, 08:20 AM
jaelin's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so glad to see some of you planning for november. now I don't feel so bad for wanting to do mine early too. If we could just rescedule christmas this year everything would be great. lol!
Mars (9 months
)

missing my 2 angels

"Every person in the world has passed through the body of a woman..."

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...77625732258607
August 5th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Regular
I personally hate waiting till last minute to do anything. I am having mine the last Sat of October.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search