Anyone else have Irritable Uterus?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I posted yesterday about the cramping, and that all too familar hard uterus is officially here at 13 weeks 5 days!!! uggggghhhhhh

I have irritable uterus, and it just sucks, plain and simple, it is horrible! I prayed that I wouldnt get it with this pregnancy, but here I am now freaking out a bit, bc I just know what a long pregnancy it is going to be if it is already starting this time!

Who else has this? Just looking for some support, and someone to "complain" to
Guess I should call my high risk doctor today for my first cervical legnth check....YUK!!!!
August 5th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Never heard of it but sounds painful
Hugs

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 5th, 2011, 05:12 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know if I do, but I do get Braxton Hicks already and at time the backache and cramping. How do you know if that's what you have? I went in like a week ago because of the cramping and doc said my cervix looked very thick and closed.
August 5th, 2011, 05:54 AM
~Mindy~'s Avatar Full hands...Full ❤
I had it during my third and fourth pregnancies, and figure I'll probably have it this time around as well. It can be really awful, like being in early labor for weeks on end.

It started for me around 30 weeks. I would have 5 or more contractions per hour for most of the day. Some of them were extremely painful and felt like real labor contractions. Many nights I couldn't sleep because I would be woken up by them thinking for sure I must be going into labor, but then they'd stop.

By 37 weeks or so I was dilated to 4 already. Oh, and I also started losing big pieces of my mucus plug once all the contractions started. I was induced both times, but I was so scared I'd end up having the baby at home by myself because I would never know when I was really in labor! And my labors go so fast, 2 hours from the time they hook up the pitocin to the time I deliver. My OB said last time that it's a good thing I was induced because I would have never made it to the hospital in time.

Mindy ~ Mom to Dharma ~11
Leilani ~9
Dylan ~ 6
Malachi ~3
Delilah ~5 months

August 5th, 2011, 06:11 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never heard of it either, but I just did a bit of reading and it sounds awful. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, and so early on too. I'm.sure it will make for a long pregnancy. *hugs*
Even if non or few people herr suffer from it still fwel free to post, rant, look for support because we are all here to help eachother.
I also came across this website Welcome to Irritable Uterus Homepage maybe this will help you out some.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

August 5th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoping and waiting View Post
I don't know if I do, but I do get Braxton Hicks already and at time the backache and cramping. How do you know if that's what you have? I went in like a week ago because of the cramping and doc said my cervix looked very thick and closed.
I bet you do. I forget, did you have it with Anabelle too? If you are already feeling BH this early, I say it is prob IU. I would ask your doc about cervical length checks via ultrasound. It made me feel so much better knowing that my cervical length was not changing (until 31 weeks) with Will. The contractions can be exhasting mentally and phyisically!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✿Mindy✿ View Post
I had it during my third and fourth pregnancies, and figure I'll probably have it this time around as well. It can be really awful, like being in early labor for weeks on end.

It started for me around 30 weeks. I would have 5 or more contractions per hour for most of the day. Some of them were extremely painful and felt like real labor contractions. Many nights I couldn't sleep because I would be woken up by them thinking for sure I must be going into labor, but then they'd stop.

By 37 weeks or so I was dilated to 4 already. Oh, and I also started losing big pieces of my mucus plug once all the contractions started. I was induced both times, but I was so scared I'd end up having the baby at home by myself because I would never know when I was really in labor! And my labors go so fast, 2 hours from the time they hook up the pitocin to the time I deliver. My OB said last time that it's a good thing I was induced because I would have never made it to the hospital in time.
Isnt it just horrible! This is me, except I started getting them at 16 weeks, 5 or more an hour! By 34 weeks they were 3-5 min apart for hours! Same with me, every night from about 34 weeks on I would be in so much pain, and would say this has to be labor! When I was really in labor it didnt even feel that much different, I just had horrible back pain so went in! I dialated from a 4-10 in about 4 hours, so not super fast, but fast for a first baby. Im worried this time around too, that I will not go to the hospital in time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nik*Re~ View Post
I've never heard of it either, but I just did a bit of reading and it sounds awful. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, and so early on too. I'm.sure it will make for a long pregnancy. *hugs*
Even if non or few people herr suffer from it still fwel free to post, rant, look for support because we are all here to help eachother.
I also came across this website Welcome to Irritable Uterus Homepage maybe this will help you out some.
Thanks
August 5th, 2011, 07:06 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had never heard of this but I hope you don't experience too much pain your whole pregnancy. That would have to be miserable. I have normal cramps still at this point but I'm sure that's just normal.
August 5th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did with my twin pregnancy starting around 24 weeks, but the pregnancy after them started at 16 weeks. I haven't noticed anything yet, but I'm kinda expecting it to happen again. Water and magnesium were huge helps and resting. Never did change my cervix either pregnancy, so it was just rather annoying.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
August 5th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by themorethemerrier View Post
I did with my twin pregnancy starting around 24 weeks, but the pregnancy after them started at 16 weeks. I haven't noticed anything yet, but I'm kinda expecting it to happen again. Water and magnesium were huge helps and resting. Never did change my cervix either pregnancy, so it was just rather annoying.
Magnesium? Hmmm I had looked into this last pregnancy, buy my OB just brushed it off, so I never looked any further. How much/ how do you take it?
August 5th, 2011, 04:21 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
Aw I am not sure about this never heard of this. I hope that the pain easy up for you for sure. I hope the magnesium helps like themorethemerrier is suggesting.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search