Secrets...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We aren't finding out the sex until birth and I'm pretty sure we won't have names picked out before so everything will be a surprise. We have a list for girls names, nothing yet for boys. I think we'll just need to see the baby and see what fits
August 6th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Veteran
With my last, we told the gender but kept the name a secret until she was born. I found that people are much less likely to criticize a name or provide input on it after the baby is born and it's official, but they're more than willing to tell you what a bad choice it is when you're still pg. We also just wanted to have something be a surprise at the birth too. It worked out well that way. We'll probably do the same thing this time.
August 6th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Maybe we'll keep the name a secret. I don't know. People have an idea of what we like for a girl's name but we're not set on a boy's name yet so I suppose we could be evil and keep that a secret. We'll be finding out the sex so I KNOW I won't be able to keep that a secret.
August 6th, 2011, 01:36 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
well if its a girl we have no name, so that's a secret even from us...if its a boy we've already told his name! lol

we will be keeping gender a secret for a few weeks so we can reveal at our baby's birthday party but we'll tell before the baby is born!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
August 6th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Super Mommy
Think we may keep names a secret, it was hard enough getting my so to agree on anything the last time because so many people like to put in their imput as to what our child should be named :/
August 6th, 2011, 06:13 PM
1st time mama <3
The only secret I've kept so far is from my work - I haven't told them I'm preg yet.. and I'm really not sure when I'm going to (its a new job, I'm not ready to break the news yet. However, I believe some people have started to notice as I have been catching them glance at my tummy I am sure the response will be (when I do tell them) "yea.. we already noticed." lol.

With regard to names we picked, sex etc.. no secrets here! I am proud of the names we picked (although my in-laws disagree with the boy name - which I totally don't care about) anndd I'm sure we will be announcing the sex as soon as we know since we're terrible secret keepers and even worse liars. lol.

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 6th, 2011, 07:26 PM
NortheastWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we might keep the name a secret this time, but I'm not sure. No one gave us a hard time last time about our daughter's name, but I just think it might be fun to keep it as a surprise.

I love the idea about the colored flowers to tell the grandparents!

Hollie
August 7th, 2011, 10:15 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i guess i should add my pregnancy is still a secret, only 5 people know including myself and dh. we still haven't told our families! LOL

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
August 7th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaspeck View Post
As for names, not telling those either! I am TIRED of everyone's opinions and judgements and it makes me MAD! However, I did slip with our girls name to MIL and she already hates it....but I don't care that IS what it will be! No word to anyone of our boys name!
We will be keeping names secret until birth for the same reasons! I hate people's opinion when it comes to baby's name. They try to come up with certain arguments and all I'm thinking is "Duh!! I tought about all of that before and still chose that name."

Tags
pregnancy , support

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search