Secrets...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Veteran
Will anyone be keeping a secret from your family (except your SO) and friends? Like, the gender or the name? We plan on finding out and telling everyone the gender, but we're keeping the name secret (slight tangent: the other day my FIL asked my husband if we'd accept name suggestions...oh boy).

If you've kept something about your baby a secret before, did it cause any issues?
August 5th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No im not good at keeping things secret

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 5th, 2011, 05:36 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
My mother in law doesnt want to know the sex of the baby (she wants it to be a secret til the baby is born). However she wants me to make a registry. Wouldnt you find out the sex of the baby through the registry?!? lol. If Im having a boy i want blues and if its a girl i want hot pinks and oranges....anyway, thats the only secret we have. We are too excited about our little bunny to keep anything a secret.

Thinking for telling my dad, mom and father in law the sex I am going to send blue or pink flowers to them saying start getting ready for Savannah Rose or start getting ready for Conor David. What do you think?

August 5th, 2011, 05:53 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm really going to try to keep the sex a secret. The only ones who will know will be DH, the kids, and my g-ma. And the only reason she will know is because she lives with us and she'll see what we buy. It's going to be hard not to post stuff in FB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinewife0702 View Post

Thinking for telling my dad, mom and father in law the sex I am going to send blue or pink flowers to them saying start getting ready for Savannah Rose or start getting ready for Conor David. What do you think?

Thats a great idea, I love it!

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

August 5th, 2011, 06:18 AM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup, we'll do what we did with DS. Tell the gender but not the name until birth.

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

August 5th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Veteran
Quote:
My mother in law doesnt want to know the sex of the baby (she wants it to be a secret til the baby is born). However she wants me to make a registry. Wouldnt you find out the sex of the baby through the registry?!? lol. If Im having a boy i want blues and if its a girl i want hot pinks and oranges....anyway, thats the only secret we have. We are too excited about our little bunny to keep anything a secret.

Love that idea!!! I am going to have to do something like that since our families live in different states!
August 5th, 2011, 07:49 AM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will NOT be even giving an inkling of what names we are thinking about. We had issues with that with our DD - my MIL decided she didn't like one we picked out, and then DH didn't want to use it anymore. Made me super sad for about 2 months because it was the name I had always wanted. Needless to say, I won't be going through that again, and DH agrees, so we won't be divulging our name options with anyone IRL.

August 5th, 2011, 07:58 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've thought about keeping the names a secret. I tried to keep the gender a secret before but that didn't really work. It took about a week before I slipped up. We'll see.

August 5th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Super Mommy
Well since we are keeping the gender a secret from ourselves, no one else will know too! LOL

As for names, not telling those either! I am TIRED of everyone's opinions and judgements and it makes me MAD! However, I did slip with our girls name to MIL and she already hates it....but I don't care that IS what it will be! No word to anyone of our boys name!

August 5th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I think thats a really cute idea. Are you're MIL and FIL still together? Because if they are and you send him the flowers wouldn't she also see them??? Just sayin BTW I love the color combo hot pink and orange!

We didn't keep any secrets with dd. We still haven't decided if we are finding out the gender so that might remain a secret. But I doubt we would keep our names secret, its just not our style. Plus we have very supportive friends and family who wouldn't dog on a name we chose unless there were serious flaws.

August 5th, 2011, 10:02 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
we'll prob keep gender and name a secret. we're jerks.
August 5th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Super Mommy
I want to keep the gender a secret but it would be easier for others to know so that I get cute stuff for baby shower lol. I'd rather not have only white green and yellow stuff. The name we will pick and I don't want to share until baby comes. I feel like I dont want peoples opinions beforehand and it'd be something that dh and I can have to ourselves for awhile.
August 5th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Super Mommy
This time we're keeping it all a secret (very new for us!) we aren't finding out the gender so obviously that's a secret and we aren't telling the name either. The entire time I was pg with DS my Dad tried to talk my out of his name constantly telling me he doesn't like it. He still doesn't like it. I told him he didn't consult me when naming his child so I'm not consulting him when naming mine. Plus I think it will be really fun for DH to have his moment after delivery announcing the sex and the name. People keep asking what our names our. I told my stepbrother, dad, and stepmom we were thinking Seven or Soda. It's a Seinfeld episode and they all are huge fans so they started laughing and got sidetracked that I didn't really tell them.

August 5th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
We're keeping the sex a secret except from my mom. She's a professional tailor/seamstress so she'll need to know so she can make baby things.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven.

http://arwenart.com
August 5th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Mrs.Mikey's Avatar Kay- mom of Bryson
Definitely keeping the name a secret- same as DS. We have talked about not telling the gender but I don't think I could keep it from my parents...we will see

August 5th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still have told many people im pregnany, many waiting for the 2nd u/s nxt week. as for the sex im not sure I could hold it in lol I like telling

af came sep 24 wed nz time
August 5th, 2011, 06:08 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarha81 View Post
we'll prob keep gender and name a secret. we're jerks.
That cracks me up.

Not sure about the gender. I'm 90% sure we want to know but haven't discussed it with DH yet. After some of the flack we got about names last time, we're not telling anyone. I'll still get annoyed that everyone will ask what we're considering a million times. Even if we tell them we're still deciding, not sure or just not telling. Toward the end I just ignore all the questions about everything. If I get annoyed, I might steal my friend's idea and tell them that any information requested about the baby will require a 5 dollar processing fee.

August 5th, 2011, 07:01 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
Because we will probably tell everyone the sex, we will keep the name a secret!

Starting a clomid journey!
August 5th, 2011, 07:37 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
Secrets secrets are no fun. Secrets secrets hurt everyone. (Sorry just heard this on The Office and thought of it when I saw "secrets"...lol.)

I can't keep a secret to save my life. I tried to keep the pregnancy a secret and I told my mom THE NEXT MORNING.
August 5th, 2011, 09:25 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
With my DS we kept his sex a secret.. No one knew expect my husband and one of his friends.It was really hard not wanting to tell everyone but it was fun seeing what they all guessed. With my DD we told everyone what she was and her name so no surprise. I think this time we may keep the name a surprise..

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you

Tags
pregnancy , support

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search