Winter Maternity Clothes?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Veteran
I'm full of questions today, apparently, sorry!!

So, we'll all be super pregnant during the winter months (those of us in the Northern hemisphere, anyway ) and I've been trying to figure out maternity clothes. I don't want to buy a ton of maternity-type clothes that I'll only wear a few times...I was trying to brainstorm ideas for clothes I might be able to also wear post partum? Like what about leggings? Would those fit under my belly with maybe a bella band?? I'm so new to this...so I could be way off base and am hoping those of you who have been through a pregnancy or two (or three...) can give me some guidance?

Thank you so much!!
August 5th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that leggings are a great idea. One of the perks for being pregnant in the winter time is that cute sweaters work great for maternity clothes. And because they are usually roomier they are really comfy too.

August 5th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks for asking Boldmom - I have the same worries! I was also wondering about a maternity winter jacket. Any good suggestion? I was thinking of something like a cape jacket that I could wear after pregnancy, but am not sure of its fit or its looks during pregnancy. Any thoughts?

August 5th, 2011, 11:07 AM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
I was actually looking at the fleece yoga pants from Old Navy. They look comfy and warm- perfect for a cold February!

August 5th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think leggings are great. I also wear sweaters, hoodies, and poncho things in the winter so I don't think I'll have to get a lot of "maternity" shirts. I hadn't thought about a coat. Only one or two of my coats will fit me and neither of them are very professional...

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
August 5th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Super Mommy
Because I was mostly pregnant in the summer with my last two (DS was born in October), I just bought a few long sleeve mat shirts and wore them under my already worn short sleeve shirts! I have a ton of sweaters that fit pregnant or not because they were oversized or stretchy! I am cheap too so I try and avoid the $50 price tag for a sweater or vest...lol

August 6th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Coby Jaylen Aubriya mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherGoAround View Post
I was actually looking at the fleece yoga pants from Old Navy. They look comfy and warm- perfect for a cold February!
I oredered those, they're so comfy i just ordered another pair! They'll work good for after baby too
August 6th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I suggest the big oversized sweaters as well. I wasn't really that big in the winter with DS but I did wear mostly sweaters and hoodies since it didn't get overly cold in NC but too cold for short sleeves. I also got a few long sleeve tshirt type shirts that were maternity.
August 6th, 2011, 10:06 AM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TimesCharm View Post
I oredered those, they're so comfy i just ordered another pair! They'll work good for after baby too
Haha I will be right behind you on that one. I will be getting a few of those!

August 6th, 2011, 10:36 AM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
With my DS I was pregnant and in Memphis it was never too cold to me. But I also slept naked with 3 fans on in Den& Jan. I always wore a light jacket never had to put on anything to heavy. It has been colder these past few years during the winter. Not sure what I will do but long selves and pants and that is about it for me.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
August 6th, 2011, 03:03 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i wasn't relaly pregnant in the winter with my son but it was cooler toward the end, and i wore stretchy shirts from target with camis...i wore very little maternity stuff when all was said and done so i'm gonna have to buy new jeans this time and thats pretty much it.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
August 6th, 2011, 05:09 PM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
I am planning on wearing maternity leggings with sweaters and flannel shirts from American Eagle or a brand that I like. I dont see a point of having to wear things while I am pregnant that I wouldn't wear not pregnant (meaning, i dont want to change my style just because I have a baby belly). I know a ton of maternity stores sell maternity leggings that go over the belly. Heard they are quite comfy!!!

August 6th, 2011, 06:34 PM
1st time mama <3
Blah, on top of THAT worry I have to figure out something to wear to my Brother in law's wedding in October. I like to pre-plan, but since I really don't know how huge I will be in 2 months I just have to wait. Do they even make maternity formal wear? lol.

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 6th, 2011, 07:18 PM
NortheastWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrGiu View Post
Blah, on top of THAT worry I have to figure out something to wear to my Brother in law's wedding in October. I like to pre-plan, but since I really don't know how huge I will be in 2 months I just have to wait. Do they even make maternity formal wear? lol.

Oh too funny! They do actually! A friend of mine had to get a dress for her husband's police ball and her dress was so pretty! I can't remember where she got it, but I bet you'll find something if you google. You'll have to show us what you get!

As far as winter maternity clothes, leggings are a great idea! With my DD I did buy some maternity jeans and otherwise I wore some bigger shirts that ended up being great for a few weeks after she was born as well.

Hollie
September 20th, 2011, 08:43 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got lucky and my sister gave me 4 maternity pants along with some tank tops, t-shirts and long sleeve shirts.

But I figured I'd beable to wear my winter coats with my belly too. I always buy a bigger size cuz before pregnancy I would layer myself before going out. That's what happens when a southern California girl moves up to Oregon. Layers!
September 20th, 2011, 09:48 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
I bought my maternity leggings from jcpenney online. Walmart has some too but the site never works when i try to order them. SOOOO comfy though. I need to get more than one color. I'm going to LIVE in leggings for the next 4 1/2 months.

September 20th, 2011, 09:58 AM
MuffinMama's Avatar First Time Mama :)
Send a message via AIM to MuffinMama
I haven't worried too much about maternity clothes for the winter. My fingers are crossed that my wardrobe now will work just fine! I LIVE in leggings pretty much all year round--they're really comfortable, versatile, and work well in both my job settings. My sweaters are also a little bigger, as I've dropped some weight since last year and never got around to buying a winter wardrobe (thank goodness!). I also dress in layers a lot. I figure if I get a few long sleeve maternity shirts I can always layer them with a cardigan, vest, jacket, what have you.

I definitely prefer this to being 8 months pregnant in the summer!
September 20th, 2011, 10:42 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
the nice thing about winter is layering, so you should be able to create lots of outfits with just a few pieces!! I am a HUGE fan of long tanks. You can easily layer those. leggings will work, i have just 2 pairs of mat jeans, one darker, one lighter. i do live in tx so it doesn't get nearly as cold here AND i am not anticipating getting huge so i'll probably just wear some streatchier long sleeve shirts that are regular sizes.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 20th, 2011, 01:42 PM
ovramirez27's Avatar Super Mommy
old navy has some long sleeve maternity shirts on sale now 10$ and some pants.

Tags
maternity clothes , pregnancy , support

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search