12 week scan - gender?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So, I asked the technician today if she could tell what the sex was. She says she never usually looks this early. She was the tech I had for my twins, so we know each other pretty well. Anyways, she got a an amazing shot and there was definitely something between the legs. It wasn't an "angle of the dangle" shot, but a between the leg shot. So, based on this, could the baby possibly be a boy. I understand it's 50/50 anyways, but I saw whatever she saw.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
August 5th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Super Mommy
It depends, hard to tell bc girls also have a (not sure what to call it) penis? Which later goes in and becomes the clitoris. They say a good doctor can tell from the position of that body part, at 13 weeks my doc said he is 98% sure it's a girl.
August 5th, 2011, 03:53 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
Oh that is cool never heard of many trying to guess at 12 weeks hope you get what you want :-)

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
August 6th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It very well could be! With DS, the tech wrote down boy at my 13 week u/s but didn't tell me til it was confirmed at 20 weeks. If they're good at what they do and get a good look, I believe it can be very accurate!
August 6th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Super Mommy
It will be interesting when you find out for 100%! YAH!

August 6th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Its possible it is a boy, but bluemoon is right they all have a nub until about 13wks

Here is an awesome site

Embryo Development external genital sex organs - angle of the dangle boy or girl ultrasound gender scan - Baby2see
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 11mo 10/10/13

August 6th, 2011, 12:22 PM
everafter's Avatar Super Mommy
At my NT scan 12w6d the doctor said she's 95% sure it's a girl....

I said "Because of the angle of the dangle ???" (I haven't seen anything in that regard, but I've read about it) and she just smirked...

I love that website (baby2see) it's really informative and grounds me every time I get my hopes up for my baby girl...

On Tuesday I will hopefully find out if she was right or if the baby grew a 5% penis ...

August 6th, 2011, 01:27 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
yep external genitalia isn't fully formed that early, so it is hard to tell. but our peri and u/s tech both guessed boy with our son at 12w5d based off of a nub shot.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
August 6th, 2011, 02:17 PM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
Thats cool!!! Like one of the other ladies said, I have heard that around that time girls clitoris' are starting to form so its possible you have a girl....fingers crossed for a boy if thats what you want!! Im going for my gender scan in alittle over a week, hoping to not see a bump, but i'll take anything thats healthy!!

August 6th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Super Mommy
Could be, I would say it's still 50/50 because as alot have mentioned before all baby's have a "nub" this early, but some tech are really good at telling
I have had early gender guesses in both my other pregnancies 13 weeks ish and the Tec was right. This time I got someone much younger and she wouldn't even look she said it was impossible to tell :/
August 6th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well originally I was hoping for a girl, only to even things out. I'd have 4 boys and 4 girls. But since she and I both saw what we saw, maybe it's to get me settled on the possibility of the baby being a boy. It's definitely got me looking for boy's names. Only 8 more weeks to know for sure, lol...and then that's even not 100% for sure.

August 6th, 2011, 07:09 PM
i had my 12 week us and the tech said shes pretty positive its a boy, girls grow kinda outward & down and boys grow up!
August 7th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhitham View Post
i had my 12 week us and the tech said shes pretty positive its a boy, girls grow kinda outward & down and boys grow up!
Interesting, I saw what my ultrasound tech saw, but come to think of it, the nub looked like it was pointing more down.

August 7th, 2011, 08:37 AM
everafter's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by themorethemerrier View Post
Interesting, I saw what my ultrasound tech saw, but come to think of it, the nub looked like it was pointing more down.
This is what I got at my NT scan, where the doc said it's 95% girl....

I keep thinking this circled area might be what she thought are the girl parts...but who knows....Tuesday I'll hopefully find out

Last edited by everafter; August 7th, 2011 at 08:42 AM.
August 7th, 2011, 10:22 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
if you ever check out the in-gender forums they have a nub shot area that is cool! Looking back on my boy there is no denying he's a boy but baby2see has the best pictures and explanation.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
August 7th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensma View Post
if you ever check out the in-gender forums they have a nub shot area that is cool! Looking back on my boy there is no denying he's a boy but baby2see has the best pictures and explanation.
Where are in the in-gender forums, right here on JM or a separate forum?

Oh never mind, I found the site.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search