School starts

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
In 2 weeks here on August 22
My son Brandon will be going into 3rd grade school gets out at 2:05
My daughter Alyssa will be going into preschool ( my baby is growing up ) VPK Is from 9_12 but she is going to be going to my sisters daycare & my sister said alyssa can stay all day.
So ive been a stay at home mom since alyssa was born.....
What am im going to do all day with both kids in school???

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 5th, 2011, 08:24 PM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
Take a nap!! LOL Mine start back to school on Monday. I'll have one in 3rd grade, one in 1st grade and then one in Mother's Day out twice a week from 9-2:30.
August 5th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Super Mommy
Napping sounds great!!!

Our district starts the 17th. We will be hs'ing this year since with my husband going back to school, has had to change jobs/shifts and if DS who would be in Kindergarten did public he wouldn't be home until 4:30 and DH has to leave at 2. We decided hs'ing would be the best option for our family at this point so they can see each other everyday vs just the wknds (even those he works every other). Our tentative first day is the 22nd.

August 5th, 2011, 09:05 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
Take a nap and when you get soo bored clean!?! lol That is what I did when my son was in pre-k and daughter in preschool while hubby was deployed. :-)

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
August 5th, 2011, 09:12 PM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
Just remember- you only have 5 months without kids before this next one comes! Make time to do the big projects you won't have time to do once you have a newborn!

August 5th, 2011, 09:24 PM
MReel11008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sleep! Prepare for baby number 3. Oh, and maybe sleep some more! I'm soooo jealous! LOL I have one starting this year, on the 22nd and the other 2 going into daycare. Too bad I start classes on the same day.

August 5th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
You get to do whatever you feel like doing! lol Go to the movies, clean house, soak in a tub for an hour, or catch up on reading.
August 6th, 2011, 02:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy

I was just starting to feel useless that I won't be needed during the day ( well like u said for the next 5 months )
So just going to enjoy some much needed me time!!

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 6th, 2011, 05:40 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
Girl, I had a job while my husband deployed, then when he came home I moved back to where he is stationed, got pregnant and I have been sitting here on my butt every day doing nothing. We can be in the club together!!! I usually will super clean one room if I get bored (one day will be the living room and i just go all out cleaning it). It doesn't really need to be done but it keeps me busy. Wish I could get a job but down here, even the boutiques require lifting and I don't want to hurt the baby lifting huge boxes.

I feel ya girl!!!

August 6th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Coby Jaylen Aubriya mom
i would love that much alone time, go for walks, read, watch movies, nap.. you'll be happy you had that time before baby comes! My boys start back (2nd & 4th grades) on the 29th, im practically counting down the days! i dont have to pay for daycare during the school year
August 6th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Shannon1978's Avatar ~Formerly Donkey Lemonade
I have the reverse problem....I am the teacher! We start back on Monday. I have really enjoyed just relaxing and playing with my two year old this summer. I am not sure I am going to do it Monday with no nap. My husband also works second shift, so after working all day then I get to be single mom. (My hat goes off to all the single moms out there...I don't know how you do it! I only do it part time and is a challenge!)
August 6th, 2011, 07:48 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We start back on Wednesday
I have one in 1st grade, 4th grade, and 7th grade. They have to be there at 7:55 and get out at 2:55, I take and pick them up.
I will only have Marienah with me so I get to spend much needed time with just her befor LO arrives. We'll probably be going to parks, Chuck E Cheese, shopping. If I can get off of bed rest that is.
Have fun Momma, get some relaxing done.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

August 6th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Veteran
Does the school have something like a Room Mom? That's what my mom did...she'd come in and help out during holiday parties or organize which parents brought in food for parties or special events like field day and helped with crafts for special days, etc. She loved it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search