I'm obviously bored today...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
How many of you will pick baby names based on a cherished family members name? Or a name after you or your SO?

Do you have a cherished family member that you would "like" to pass the name onto baby but either SO disagrees or maybe the name isn't a name that sounds good today?

Dh's dad is about to pass away. I'm sure he might like carrying on something of his dad but his dads name us Dong. (Korean) and obviously we can't do that.
His dads "American" name is edward. Not bad but not my fav choice.

Maybe Shay Edward instead of Shay David? Idk.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

August 7th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Coby Jaylen Aubriya mom
well my hubby is already a Jr and doesnt want this one to be named after im, however him, his dad, and all his brothers have Lee as a middle name so this one will have that as a middle name, whether its a boy or a girl. If its a girl she'll have my MN also so it'll be Nichole Lee
August 7th, 2011, 10:04 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
My husband wanted David III but in his family he has his dad (Dave), him (DJ or David Junior), his uncle (Dave) and his cousin (David). Too many David's so I decided on Conor David. Conor is just a name we like and David for his dad.

I always told my grandma I would name my first daughter after her so if its a girl we will have Savannah Rose. Savannah is just a name I like and Rose is after my grandma.
Its pretty cool because my grandma is 88 and will still be alive to see her great granddaughter that is named after her!!

I like Edward Shay....and you can always call him by his middle name!!!!

August 7th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TimesCharm View Post
well my hubby is already a Jr and doesnt want this one to be named after im, however him, his dad, and all his brothers have Lee as a middle name so this one will have that as a middle name, whether its a boy or a girl. If its a girl she'll have my MN also so it'll be Nichole Lee
That's cute! And good that Lee works for either gender.
My first son is a jr and I totally regret doing that. Lol.
Especially since I'm divorced. I speak of doing something with "beau" and my dh is always like "which one?" lol. Id never make this baby a jr. Its so confusing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinewife0702 View Post
My husband wanted David III but in his family he has his dad (Dave), him (DJ or David Junior), his uncle (Dave) and his cousin (David). Too many David's so I decided on Conor David. Conor is just a name we like and David for his dad.

I always told my grandma I would name my first daughter after her so if its a girl we will have Savannah Rose. Savannah is just a name I like and Rose is after my grandma.
Its pretty cool because my grandma is 88 and will still be alive to see her great granddaughter that is named after her!!

I like Edward Shay....and you can always call him by his middle name!!!!
I LOVE the name savannah rose!
I've always thought both of those names were so pretty and they go together really well.
Edward Shay is good too. I feel better now that at least dh and I have some good boy names to decide on. and family names at that!

I'm hoping I can sweet talk my dr into a quick gender check on my next appt. I'll be 18 weeks so I know they could tell by then.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

August 8th, 2011, 06:25 AM
CalmHorizons's Avatar Christina
I really wanted to name a boy after a good friend of mine who passed away about a year ago, but I can't even say the name without crying, so I've decided that's not the best option.

We do have a boy name and a girl name picked out now, and both of them are just random names we like. Boy middle name is after my brother, and girl middle name is after a sci-fi novel character.

FWIW, I like Edward Shay as well.

August 8th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I like shay edward

This baby will be names we like other 2 named after family

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 8th, 2011, 09:37 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
If we have a girl, she will be Renee Jeanne. Renee was my middle name until we got married, I changed it to my maiden name. Jeanne was DH's grandmother.

A boy is a whole different story. DH wants to name him James after himself, but there are already so many Jim's in our family. I am all for using it as a middle name, but I'm hoping we can agree on something different for a first. We found out I was pregnant the day my Uncle Danny passed away, so I would have liked to use Dante (his real first name), but DH says no.
August 8th, 2011, 09:45 AM
momma2kacie's Avatar Veteran
If this one is a girl her middle name will be Ruth. That will be after FIL's mother, who is deceased. If the baby is a boy his middle name will be Leon after DH and his grandfather. My DD Kacie's middle name is Rebecca, which is after my grandmother. Funny thing is, my grandmother sometimes ask me Kacie's middle name. I'm like, really! You can't remember!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thank you KimberlyD0 for my wonderful siggy!!!

August 8th, 2011, 10:26 AM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
If we have a girl I want to pass down the name Grace. I was adopted and my middle and last name was changed. They gave me my middle name Grace after my adopted mom's grandmother. So I really want to pass it down. I kick my self for not giving it to Zoey now. Boy wise not really sure I wanted to maybe do middle name Bryan after my friends husband who was KIA a little over a year and two months ago. They always wanted a boy and ended up with 3 girls. So I am thinking about trying to figure that into the name..

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search