First Emotional Breakdown

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2011, 10:14 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
Hi Ladies,

Just had my first emotional breakdown this morning. I just started crying because I can't fit into any of my clothes anymore and I don't even look pregnant, I just look like I eat wayy too much. All I can wear is one pair of soffee shorts that fit me and big teeshirts. On top of it I got my hair cut last week (had to chop all my hair off basically because I was so tired to blowdrying my hair for 2 hours) and I cant put it in a pony tail even though I kept telling the lady I wanted to. AND to top that off, I am breaking out like a teenager and my skin is all dry and red, even when I put moisturizer on. Has anyone else had a breakdown like this?

August 7th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
Not over that stuff. But I had a breakdown yesterday and cried for about 3 hours over something dh said. Everything is setting me off lately to cry.
I had a dream someone was mean to ds9. Woke up crying. Heavily. Wth ?

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

August 7th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Im sorry hun ((HUGS))

I am breaking out so bad too and cry about that on many occasions throughout the week
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 11mo 10/10/13

August 7th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Veteran
Oh heck yes - I've had several, over various things, none of which would probably have been that big of a deal if I weren't also hormonal. I'm sorry you're having a rough time - hope you're feeling better!
August 7th, 2011, 01:22 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been breaking down a lot this weekend. Not really over the same things as you. DH is out of the country and I really don't have any contact with him. Between that and the stuff with the OB/midwife its just been too much. DH and I don't really ever spend time apart. Last time was when I vacationed to Mexico but we had contact and he does better home without me then me without him (if that makes sense).

Tiffany
August 7th, 2011, 01:35 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
Whilst I haven't had a melt down over exactly the same issues, I've definately had my moments of not liking my appearance & the way my body is expanding. I'm not any where near as well equipt to handle pressure and disappointment.
My big melt down was over not living near my friends and family any more. I moved 2 weeks ago to where my partner is from.. Which is never an easy endeavour but I would usual cope!

It's awful that you feel down but soon you'll be sporting a lovely baby bump

By the way.. Perhaps go out and treat yourself to new pretty head bands, products and clips to put your hair back with! Short hair can be fun to style

Starting a clomid journey!
August 7th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks ladies , I really needed to hear I wasn't alone with this whole emotional thing.

Ingrid- I live 14 hours away from my and my husbands families. I cry constantly because I wish I was able to spend this time with my mom. I wont see any of our families til february, so they wont even see me pregnant. My husband goes to train every october so we are flying my mom down so we can spend my 21st birthday weekend together. I am so excited!! We are going to do the baby registry together too because I dont know WHAT we need for a baby besides a crib lol.

August 7th, 2011, 02:22 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
Seeing family when the options are limited.. Is amazing! I appreciate them all in new and wonderful ways
I'm glad that you have a lot to look forward to!
I'm having my baby shower in my home town around November! I'm elated! I think I'll be taking a big empty suitcase with me
Living away from loved ones is tough.. But I think it teaches us a lot

Starting a clomid journey!
August 7th, 2011, 03:00 PM
It def. does!!! Im having an after the baby baby shower but presents will be sent prior to baby.

August 7th, 2011, 03:50 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are so not alone...Last night, I woke my husband up with my sobbing over a rerun of Everybody Loves Raymond. lol He didn't find it very amusing

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Second Anatomy Scan 9/19, Next Appointment 10/1

August 7th, 2011, 05:18 PM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
i had my first break down last week... my back ached, my face broke out, i look huge, and no matter what i do my hair stays oily.... 6.5 more months of it.

August 7th, 2011, 05:18 PM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
Lol when I got the letter telling me who my son's kindergarten teacher would be, I sobbed like a 2 year old. My DH thought it was funny.

August 7th, 2011, 05:46 PM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
Anyone seen the movie 127 hours (the guy who gets trapped hiking and saws his arm off)? Yeah, I sobbed hysterically.

I can completely relate to body changes making you sad and not finding clothes that are comfy. My best friend told me to go for the maternity pants now. They are just way more comfy, and that's what matters.

anyways, HUGS to you. You aren't alone.
August 7th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Regular
I've had two. Once was because my wonderful neighbor fixed my driveway, the second was because DH was out of town and there was no one to cook for me. I must say there is no ugly cry like a pregnant ugly cry. Think toddler whose ice cream fell off the cone.

August 7th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cried myself to sleep last night. I actually like when I get a chance to have some deep cries, as I'm not really one to cry that often, so I take advantage of the hormonal changes during pregnancy.

(((HUGS)))

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
August 8th, 2011, 11:19 AM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
I felt that way when I found out I was pregnant nothing was fitting due to swelling. I was about to cry then I took the test and it said pregnant then everything made prefect sense. Clothes wise I would say Target has a belly band that has helped me a lot. I could fit into my stuff but it would hurt being button. I love my belly band.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search