What do you think of this double stroller?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2011, 01:26 PM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been looking at different double strollers and someone had recommended this brand and line. I really like this one and that it would probably accept my current Evenflo infant seat. Any thoughts towards this one?

Kolcraft Contours Tandem II Stroller, Tangerine - Walmart.com
August 7th, 2011, 01:46 PM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
I really like that, looks super comfy for the little ones!!!!

August 7th, 2011, 01:55 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
I think its cute!! I have to get a Graco so my Graco infant seat will fit in it. So I am going with a Graco Duo Glider. I am looking on craigslist though. Dont want to buy a new one. My mom thinks we wont get out much with two little ones and doesnt like I will use it enough to pay 200-300 for it. I have found a couple like new Graco's for $60.00 so I am waiting on them to call me!

August 7th, 2011, 02:03 PM
jaelin's Avatar Super Mommy
I like the orange. (first-timer here, "I like orange" is the extent of my knowledge about strollers )

but really, I do like the color...
Mars (9 months
)

missing my 2 angels

"Every person in the world has passed through the body of a woman..."

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...77625732258607
August 7th, 2011, 04:04 PM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This looks pretty comfy. I'm in the market for a double stroller as well now. I have no idea what I'm going to get, but I have a Baby Trend right now.

August 7th, 2011, 05:09 PM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
Based on my experience, I would highly suggest you go and try it out and the store before purchasing to make sure it isn't too heavy. I purchased a double stroller before #2 was born, and after we go tthe car seat in, and then got her in with her brother, it was super hard to manuver because of the weight! I should have gone and tried it out with my infant car seat and a 10 lb bag of flour or something. I would have known it was too heavy if I tried it out before hand!

But.. other than that, I do like the colors and the style.

August 7th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I like it looks like a really good stroller and not too big

I am getting a joovy big caboose
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

August 7th, 2011, 06:26 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I really like that so many of them are front to back and not side by side. I watched a lady try to maneuver her side by side double stroller through a store and it looked really bulky and difficult. I'm not sure if we'll buy one yet. I may just use the stroller we have for Emily and wrap the baby. We might look into a sit and stand one for later. I'm trying to think of a time when I've used the stroller and my husband wasn't around to push a second one and I can't think of a single time. We have a second little lightweight stroller we can put Em in. hmmm....Things to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelin View Post
I like the orange. (first-timer here, "I like orange" is the extent of my knowledge about strollers )

but really, I do like the color...
Awesome response!

August 7th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Mrs.Mikey's Avatar Kay- mom of Bryson
I am either getting that one or the red tandem- great reviews and I love that most car seats fit- I was worried about finding one for my Safety 1st. I saw a lady with the red one and she said she loves it

August 8th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love it! I like that the seats can face each other. (My kids loved that when La was little) The ipod dock is a super-cool feature, that I now my kids would go crazy for. It looks sturdy. I agree that a double stroller is best to try out before purchasing, to test for weight, ease of use, durability, etc. We bought a duoglider for use with Holden and Lyla...in retrospect, it was a horrible decision and purchase. I use it A LOT. (We walk every day, go on outings several times a week, visit the park regularly, etc.) We should have bought something more durable. Try to keep in mind the ages that your children will be and how often you think that you will get out, before deciding on a stroller.

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

August 8th, 2011, 10:55 AM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
It looks like something that I got from Walmart 4 years ago. I love this kind mine was red. This one is so high tech way to cool place your IPOD! OMG!!!!! I want it LOL...

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
August 8th, 2011, 12:55 PM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~3Blue&1Pink~ View Post
I think its cute!! I have to get a Graco so my Graco infant seat will fit in it. So I am going with a Graco Duo Glider. I am looking on craigslist though. Dont want to buy a new one. My mom thinks we wont get out much with two little ones and doesnt like I will use it enough to pay 200-300 for it. I have found a couple like new Graco's for $60.00 so I am waiting on them to call me!
Wow! Sounds like a great deal! I've heard those are good strollers.

Great opinions and advice everyone! Thanks!
August 8th, 2011, 04:54 PM
1st time mama <3
I dont know much about stollers, but I was told to try to be on the lookout for wider wheels (if you do any walking on gravel or bumpy sidewalks) because it provides better stability for the stroller and makes for a easier drive for you, and of course an easier ride for baby. But if you don't do any of those things, then I think its pretty nice!

I am super jealous that you need a double stroller, I want to need one!

I do like the look of the stroller, super cute!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search