Baby wearing

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2011, 02:50 PM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
As a first time mom, I dont know much about babies. I have heard alot about baby wearing and I am thinking about trying this Moby Wrap Shop by Color . Do any of you have experience with baby wearing? What are the pros and cons? Are these wrap things even safe?

August 7th, 2011, 02:56 PM
jaelin's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm a first time mom too, but I definatley plan to baby wear! seems SO much better than lugging around a stroller or seat wherever you go. baby is right there close to you at all times. Its one of the things I'm most looking forward to.
I love the look of ring slings, but haven't decided for sure yet.

oh- I should mention that I don't even like to push shopping carts, so you gotta just choose what fits you best, I think baby wearing would be best for me personally. after writing this I realized the sentance "so much better than lugging around a stroller" sounded pretty negative, didn't mean for it to come out that way.
Mars (9 months
)

missing my 2 angels

"Every person in the world has passed through the body of a woman..."

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...77625732258607

Last edited by jaelin; August 7th, 2011 at 03:09 PM.
August 7th, 2011, 03:59 PM
No not negative at all!!!! I think I am going to try it out. Cant hurt right? I just think it would be such a pain in the butt to have to get the stroller out, get the baby out, put the baby in the stroller, push the stroller....im right there with ya!! Thanks!!!

August 7th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Super Mommy
I definitely want a wrap/sling for baby, haven't really thought about which one as of yet.
August 7th, 2011, 05:00 PM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a Moby wrap and I LOVE IT!!! I would highly recommend it for someone with a small baby. My DD is now around 16 pounds, and I don't use it anymore - now I have a Baby Bjorn. I loved the Moby wrap when she was little - kept her close to me, we could go on a walk when it was cold (she was born in the winter) and I could just zip my coat up around her to keep her and me warm. Now that she's heavier, I don't know if I just don't tie it tight enough or what, but it would start slipping down and got all uncomfortable on my back. That's why I use the Baby Bjorn now - it doesn't slip at all and doesn't hurt my back *unless I'm wearing it for hours on end, lol.

August 7th, 2011, 06:14 PM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
I was going to say that the Moby wrap is really popular for small babies. It's really convienent to baby wear when the baby is fussy and wants to be held but you just don't have two hands to hold them with! Both of my kids loved being worn.

I am debating about getting a Moby wrap in addition to a Ergo baby carrier.

August 7th, 2011, 07:01 PM
momma2kacie's Avatar Veteran
I never used one with DD, but I really want to use one with this baby. They kinda make me nervous, but I know they are safe. I just have to wrap my head around it!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thank you KimberlyD0 for my wonderful siggy!!!

August 7th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I never used one before either but my sister in law is going to let me borrow her wrap

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 7th, 2011, 07:21 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I tried the moby wrap, but I either felt like it was too loose or too tight. I have a sleepy wrap which is just like the moby, but it's made of a stretchy cotton so that I can get it as tight as I want and it'll still make room for the baby. I wash it about once a week since she drools all over it

They're safe as long as you are aware of your baby's head and neck when you wrap them. I do a kangaroo carry with my newborn until they have good neck control. You can look up videos on youtube that show all the wrap styles and carry positions!

Emily is 7 months and we recently used it a ton on our trip to Colorado. It was great to not have to worry about a stroller while getting on the plane, plus I can now use the cradle hold to feed her bottles while we walk and she now sleeps that way if we're out and about. I love the wrap and it was the best investment I've ever made. I've made a wrap similar to the design of the baby k'tan, but it's not quite right just yet.

If you're not sure how much you'll use it, you can make your own wrap, no sewing needed. You just go buy fabric and cut it. If you choose a knit fabris or a fleece, the edges will curl on their own. I made my k'tan style one for 6 dollars. I'm thinking about making one out of fleece for this next baby. Here's a link Adventures of a Crunchy Wannabe: 5 minute, $5, no-sew baby wrap and there are plenty more if you google homemade no-sew baby wraps. Sorry this is so long. It just so happens that of all the things I planned for the baby, this has been the most successful and I keep finding new ways to use it!

August 8th, 2011, 07:16 AM
CalmHorizons's Avatar Christina
I want a Moby! They look like much fun. I've also debated a ring sling for when the baby is a bit older.

August 8th, 2011, 08:28 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
I definitely plan on getting one, just not sure which. I asked DH last night if he thought it was a good idea and he thinks they're really cool. Plus the thought of having baby all close and snuggly makes me happy.
August 8th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE the Moby wrap. It allowed me to snuggle Lyla while still remaining active and involved with Holden. She loved to sleep in it, and she seemed to find it very soothing. I highly reccommend it.

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

August 8th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks for all your imput!! I will def. try it!!! My mom told me the baby would fall out of the wrap but I think its just a matter of how your wrap it.

August 8th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Super Mommy
I have a Moby Wrap as well as a Ergo which I both love! I baby wear as much as I can, but with two other kids, I try and spread me around...lol I will see how it goes this time since DS is still young!

August 8th, 2011, 11:49 AM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
I had three different ones and finally broke down and bought a Moby Wrap I loved it. My back didn't hurt as much as it did with the other slings ect. It made it so much easier to cook with my DD right by me. Since she was all about being held. I didn't have all those colors to choose from they have some pretty one.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you

Last edited by ASoldiersLuckyCharm; August 8th, 2011 at 11:51 AM.
August 8th, 2011, 02:12 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love.LOVE.love my moby wraps!! They are great for when babies are itty bitty....and for bigger babies. My youngest just turned 3 and up until a few months ago...I still used mine when he had to be held!!

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
August 8th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Veteran
I tried wearing my last baby and it was MURDER on my back - I just couldn't do it more than a week or 2. I wish I could, but I have a lot of back and neck problems.

That being said, I read this post recently about babywearing and safety, and found it pretty informative.

Undercover Mother: Babywearing: The real deal on safety
August 9th, 2011, 05:19 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my sister has an Ergo and I love it...I plan on getting one for myself cuz she's still using hers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search