ugh eggs

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2011, 10:45 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
So eggs were something that caused me many tummy upsets during my last pregnancy. It took me several incidents to isolate what the baby wanted to eject so quickly after having swallowed it...I figured out that I could eat fried or scrambled eggs on a sandwich in the morning, but couldn't eat just straight eggs even with toppings. At least I could still eat egg salad sandwiches...until now. I've eaten less than had of my sandwich and have that feeling that one more bite and the baby might push the immediate ejection button. Yuck No deli meat, no egg salad...now what to eat?

Any foods that are causing you sudden heartbreak? Also, any cheap lunch ideas?

August 8th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hear you on that one. I woke up one morning at 2AM wanting eggs... 3 bites later my belly was empty. I can't eat eggs now It's a shame when the sandwich options are all gone.
August 8th, 2011, 11:49 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
As long as the Eggs are cooked you can eat them. Stay away from sushi, lunch meats, hotdogs, rare meats, caesar dressing made with raw eggs, unpasteurized cheeses (unless cooked til steaming hot..etc.

I am disappointed I cant have a Sonic New York Hot Dog. My husband will eat one and breathe on me so at least I can smell it lol

August 8th, 2011, 12:20 PM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
My fav — fresh tom, basil, mozz cheese on italian bread and dip in red wine vinegar. YUM
Peanut butter & Jelly?
Tuna (light) salad?
A veg wrap with cheese, cucumbers, humus (dr gave me the OK), lett, tom (or your own combo).

*My LO hates steak. I tried to force myself to eat a tiny bit since DH eats it 4Xs a week. I was sick all night. Never again.
August 8th, 2011, 12:23 PM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
I can't do eggs either, but I talked to my dr about all the things people say you can't and his response was that it is just silly and wish he knew who came up with it I was craving a bologna sandwich and he said eat it it'd be good for me I have since had several and am fine I also eat feta cheese blue cheese tuna he also said on the fish that some had high mercury but one would have to eat 6/7 pounds to get anything off of it, since then I eat whatever and am fine, so I say eat whatever sounds good and you can keep down, right now all I can do and want is fries wrapped in pickle dipped in ranch lol not the healthiest but I don't feel miserable

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker

Last edited by BSandDsMommy; August 8th, 2011 at 12:27 PM.
August 8th, 2011, 12:50 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just the thought of eggs did me in when I was pregnant with my first. I can think of eggs this time around, but you better believe they better not touch my lips or I get a whif of an egg....becasue then...it's all over!!

I had potato salad at lunch today that was great....but then I took a bite and I felt on my tongue what I KNEW was part of an egg white and immediate dry heaves....it was NOT a pretty site!!

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
August 8th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Veteran
I'm with you on the eggs. Barf.

This sounds odd, but Ramen Noodles...I haven't had them in years but now? Not so bad!
August 8th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I love eggs but tuna is out and that sucks because I was a big tuna eater with my 3 girls and loved it before
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

August 8th, 2011, 02:58 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Thanks for the ideas ladies (especially the veggie wrap...yum). What would be in hummus that we couldn't have? I've been big into pasta this pregnancy and just the thought of buttered noodles is amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinewife0702 View Post
As long as the Eggs are cooked you can eat them. Stay away from sushi, lunch meats, hotdogs, rare meats, caesar dressing made with raw eggs, unpasteurized cheeses (unless cooked til steaming hot..etc.
It's not that I'm not allowed to eat eggs, the original post was about how my body has decided to reject them within a few bites. I still eat Feta (since mine is made with pasteurized milk) and occasionally a deli meat sandwich. I just know if anything happened, I would never forgive myself so I say better safe than sorry. I'm not sure I understand why hot dogs are on the no no list. I wouldn't buy one from a fast food place, but if it's cooked at home and reaches the appropriate temperature, I'd eat it. It's not that different than lunch meat. Is there something I'm missing with that logic?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search