Exercise

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I found out I was pregnant a little over 10 weeks ago. Its been about 9 weeks since I've exercised. And let me just say I feel like crap! I have zero energy, standing for more than a few minutes is enough to almost kill me. And the closest thing I've done to exercising is my daily bouts over the toilet bowl. Plus I've been such a depressed pessimist lately. So today I've decided to get out of this funk and start getting active again. I'm done with my pitty party. After 40 minutes of moderate cardio with a little toning I feel great. Now I just need to motivate myself tomorrow

August 8th, 2011, 05:48 PM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
I am sooo un-motivated to do anything active it's not even funny. I do find that although it wears me out, if I move I do feel better.

Good Luck tomorrow!!

August 8th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Way to go! I definitely need to maintain regular workouts or I start feeling blah, too. I didn't work out a single day over our vacation this past week, and I am totally feeling the blahs set in. I am so glad that the weather will be cooler this week and allow me to get in lots of walks with the kids on top of my morning strength training!!! It is amazing how dependent your body becomes on that endorphin release!

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

August 8th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Veteran
Yay for making yourself get out there and do it!! I know how much of a challenge it can be! I hope you start feeling better soon
August 8th, 2011, 07:35 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
It's hard to stay motivated, especially when you're tired, sick and it's ridiculously hot out. I've been walking and lifting weights as much as possible. I can't wait for cooler weather.
August 9th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay for working out!!! im doing light biking (exercise bike) and i have a pregnancy dvd..you always feel soo much better after doing something..its just to get started thats the hard part!

August 9th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Super Mommy
Yay! I'm happy for you!

I started running again last Friday. Only ran 1km (used to run at least 5 per run). I set myself a goal to run 100 km before the baby arrives - very realistic since there are more than 100 days left before birth

I think we should all motivate ourselves to be more active and share tricks and workout routines.

August 9th, 2011, 10:30 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
I think we should all post in this thread daily and say what exercise we did that day. It will help keep us accountable, and give us that extra push to exercise even when we don't feel like it. Sound good?

I'll start...I just finished walking 2 miles during my lunch break. It was hot, but I'm glad I did it. Tonight I hope to lift some weights, don't want flabby arms!
August 9th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Super Mommy
I need to start back up again, I stopped when I found out I was pregnant and just feel like bla lately so it's been hard to get motivated
August 9th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTsquared View Post
I think we should all post in this thread daily and say what exercise we did that day. It will help keep us accountable, and give us that extra push to exercise even when we don't feel like it. Sound good?

I'll start...I just finished walking 2 miles during my lunch break. It was hot, but I'm glad I did it. Tonight I hope to lift some weights, don't want flabby arms!
I like this idea, but maybe we should start a weekly thread or something....IDK?

I did Yoga today, only for 20 minutes though! I have a pregnancy yoga video that I tried for the first time today. Afterwords I felt pretty refreshed but now I'm thinking I should have added something else or did the routine twice, it was too easy

August 9th, 2011, 09:55 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All I want to do is lay in bed but I'm having to force myself to stay "active". I did 30 minutes on the treadmill today and I have a fitness class tomorrow night. I hope that's good enough cause it's about as active as I can be these past few weeks. Fast walking and fitness class lol.
August 9th, 2011, 11:24 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
Ugh. I haven't done ANYTHING. Pelvic rest and "take it easy." At one point was told not to even walk. Have been cleared for walking but thats about all. Of course now I have had a horrid cold for almost a week...

Tiffany
August 10th, 2011, 03:22 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yesterday i did two 35 minute workouts on the bike...about 7 miles each..starting early this morning with some biking

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search