Anyone else not told their work about being preg yet?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2011, 05:00 PM
1st time mama <3
I definitely haven't told mine! I work for a great company, but I just started about 3 weeks ago so I am really nervous about how to tell them.

I am not worried about being fired, and I know they cannot fire me for being preg. Also I should mention that I was part of the union since day one.

I am just hoping someone is KINDA in the same boat as me, and/or has some suggestions!

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 8th, 2011, 07:55 PM
StephanieNC's Avatar Regular
Me. I work for jerks who think they can do whatever they want without consequence. No regard for people at all. I'm waiting until I can't wait any longer. Pretty sure they will figure out a way to try and get rid of me.

I'm HR there, there is no one I can talk to. The top ppl are the problem.
August 8th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Super Mommy
I am going ( supposto) be going back to work on Thursday ( my boss is giving me a hard time about going back even though he legally has to take me back because mat leave is job protected) if I were to tell him there is no way he would give me my job back he wanted me to go on my mat leave at 17 weeks with dd when I told him he doesn't beleve pregnant people are capable of working :/ ( I have the easiest job for a pregnant person I sit at a desk 85% of my day )
I called the layout bord to find out my rights and legally I don't have to tell him until 6 weeks before I am due so I don't plan on telling him until it's absolutely obvious then I know he's going to try to fire me and I'm going to have to fight it

I work for the worlds bigges a** he is a dr who thinks he is better than everyone but I am stuck going back there because getting / keeping a new job here when your pregnant is imposible not even mc donnads will hier you and I despratley need to get 600 hrs in so I qualify for benifits again or we will never make it financially
August 9th, 2011, 12:37 AM
NewStar's Avatar Veteran
I havent told work yet either and am not looking forward in doing so. Going to wait until the end of September when I will be showing . Its just awful having this hanging over your head because Im to scared I will loose my job.

August 9th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Regular
Trying to get a job. in the background check phase. I have no intention of telling them until I have to. Going to let them think I'm getting fatter.

August 9th, 2011, 10:19 AM
momma2kacie's Avatar Veteran
I havent told my work yet. Not really sure why not, I guess i'm just a little nervouse since my m/c was just in March. I feel weird talking about another baby already. I will have to tell them soon though, some people in my office already know.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thank you KimberlyD0 for my wonderful siggy!!!

August 9th, 2011, 11:38 AM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still trying to find a teaching job for the fall, and no, I am certainly not telling anyone at an interview that I'm pregnant! If I don't get a job within a few weeks, though, I think I'm doomed, because I'm already starting to show a little bit.

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

August 12th, 2011, 07:35 PM
1st time mama <3
I'm glad (but sorry) to hear that we all seem to be in the same-ish boat.

I'm not sure when I'm going to tell them, I'll probably wait a little longer.. I'm super nervous too!

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 14th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Veteran
I haven't either, and am nervous about doing it. I've been there 5 years, but it's going to put a crimp in things and there really isn't a maternity policy and I'm going to have to try to work around things with my boss, who I hope is understanding. No one's around for the summer so I'm waiting for things to start back up in a few weeks. Once people start seeing me, I won't be able to hide it because I'm definitely showing. Good luck to all of us!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search