Things that make you go...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2011, 06:11 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I know we've done this thread before, but things change throughout the whole pregnancy for me. So since I've been thinking of food ALL day, I want to know: What makes you go yum and yuck these days?

yummm: Buttered noodles (I'm about to turn into a bowl of buttered noodles) and CHEESE! I have been on a cheese run. I bought fresh mozzarella, feta, provolone, and colby jack cheese with ideas for all of them. Oh and the darn bakery section at my grocery store is going to be entirely to blame for

Yuck: eggs, some forms of chicken, Any meat from Moe's Southwest Grill...
The Moe's thing really bums me out. I love their burritos, but there's some spice or marinade that they use that makes me so sick to my stomach, I can't even get through half a taco. At least their queso still agrees with me. Otherwise I might die!

August 9th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What I've really loved the last couple of days is toast with cream cheese, tomatoes, avacados and a little bit of salt and pepper.......YUM!

The stuff that makes me sick.....anything sweet I'm normally not a big fan of most things chocolate but I do enjoy it every once in a while. Saturday DH brought me home a MilkyWay Dark and its still sitting in the fridge, the thought of it right now makes me gag!

August 9th, 2011, 09:07 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yumm: cottage cheese with garlic croutons, golden oreos (been craving serious butter cream frosting, found the oreos did the trick just in time, because I was afraid my husband was going to come home and find a bakery cake licked clean of its frosting lol) soft pretzels with easy cheese. Totaly healthy

Yuck: I've been pretty lucky, nothing has made me sick, but there is a whole lot of stuff that I am never in the mood for. Or I'll be craving something like blueberry's, and once I get them, I can't bring myself to eat them. Kind of frustrating

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment 11/19

August 9th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Bella11356's Avatar Super Mommy
Yumm for me is Mac and cheese, the cheap burritos from the frozen section (3 for a dollar), ovaltine chocolate milk, fruit, and anything fire hot!

Yuck for me is tomatoes, and potatos! I wanted a BLT so badly the other day, made it, ate half, then got sick...same with spaghetti and marinara

August 9th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Mama to 5 girls and 1 boy
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Yumm:I have a few right now lol, potato soup, rice, fry bread with gravy and pasta

Yuk:Any meat and chocolate there are other sweet things too just cant think of them right now lol
Karrara 11 01/11/05, Kaiah 9 1/2 07/01/06, Kayda 8 01/12/08
Katara 4 02/10/12, Korra 2 1/2 10/10/13, Kannon 14mo 02/21/15
August 9th, 2011, 11:09 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
mmmm mac n cheese and ovaltine...too bad I just ate dinner and am stuffed

I think I need to back away from this thread before my husband kills me lol

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment 11/19

August 10th, 2011, 05:06 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
My yumms: the strawberry shortcake I wanted to get from sams club yesterday that DH wouldnt let me get , Outback Maca-rooni and cheese, I really wanted a Big D with cheese, lettuce and mayo from Duchess (a CT restaurant) but they dont have one near me and greek yogurt parfaits (I think yoplait makes it).

My yucks: chicken anything (i always hate chicken though), steak, eggs, sausage, bacon, beef jerky...i think there is a trend don't you (any meat except burgers lol).

August 10th, 2011, 05:45 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yum....anything with cheese! Plain block of cheese I'll slice up with some pickles and Ritz crackers. KFC mashed potatoes and gravy, cereal, carrots

Yuck.....chocolate, meat, ice cream, anything really 'heavy'

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

August 10th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Super Mommy
Yum: potato chips, French frys pretty much anything pottato, and Mac and cheese
Also cakes and cookies ^^

Yuck: this time for me veggies and most fruit just make me gag :/ I still try to eat some everyday though
August 10th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Veteran
Yum: plain potato chips, (sometimes) chocolate ovaltine, orange juice and mango-a-go-go smoothies from Jamba Juice, Mac and cheese, anything that sounds appetizing...it changes daily.

Yuck: most fruits and vegetables (I used to be a salad freak! Sad face), chocolate and most sweets except sour candy, really heavy foods...
August 10th, 2011, 07:07 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
GET IN MY BELLY: I love me some cheese, pasta/italian foods, potatoes
BTW best food I ever ate for brkft: egg, cheese on a toasted raisin bagel. soo good.

BARF: red meat (I can't type that without gagging), ice cream.
August 10th, 2011, 07:48 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
love: subway and other deli sandwiches (with no meat), salads, cereal, cream cheese

yuck: i keep trying but i marinara just isn't doing it for me, peanut butter (most of the time), meat

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
August 10th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yum: bananas and strawberries with whipped cream, Lean Cuisine chicken carbonara (I don't even know what is up with this, but i could seriously eat it for every meal), colby cheese and grapes, hummus and wheat thing and baby carrots, weight watchers chocolate chocolate chip muffins, blts, green tea with honey, peppermint mocha lattes from Panera, peaches, cottage cheese and tomatoes, chicken noodle soup from Panera...I think I must be hungry right now, as I feel like I could go on listing yummy food for hours. LOL

Not so yum- there aren't too many things that I am unable to eat. The smell of my hubby's coffee in the morning still makes me sick. He got a bag of nacho cheese bugles on our trip, and again, the smell was too much. Bleh. Anything too heavy doesn't agree with my tummy at all. Other than that, everything is pretty much good.

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

August 10th, 2011, 12:25 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YUM - potatos...baked, double stuffed, french fried...lol, bean burritos from taco bell and juice

YUCK - eggs, granola bars, bread, cheese, chicken....the smell of DH's cologne....
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
Lilah Mae Grace scheduled c/s 09.28.16 (Oct 19th)
August 10th, 2011, 05:38 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by karbear33 View Post
He got a bag of nacho cheese bugles on our trip, and again, the smell was too much. Bleh. Anything too heavy doesn't agree with my tummy at all. Other than that, everything is pretty much good.
Yuck. When I was teaching and I found out I was pregnant with Emily, I told my students that I was on a new medication that caused me to be sensitive to smell since I didn't want to tell them due to a previous miscarriage. I told them that if they had corn chips before walking in my room they needed to stand by the door and ask to move seats away from me because otherwise my head would be in a trash can. They were super sweet and sensitive about it and on the few occasions where a kid forgot, the others would catch them before they got close to me. One girl even stood by the door and stopped a boy she saw eating them on his way to class and reminded him I loved those kids! They didn't even put two and two together until I got laid off and decided to tell them at 10 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search