Need Parental Controls to block me from Google.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2011, 10:48 AM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I really didn't mean to but curiosity got the best of me and I Googled. What did I Google? Hypospadias! Hypospadias for those who don't know is when the urethra is on the underside of the penis rather then at the tip. It can also have Chordee associated with it where the penis has a curve in it. My son was born with it and had surgery to correct it when he was about 9 months old and it was the most nervous I have been in my life. So of course not knowing what I am having I wanted to find out how likely it was that *if* I have another boy he would have the condition as well.

Here is what I found:

This condition is more common in infants with a family history of hypospadias.

Okay I expected that one and the dad does have some issues with his and I have also thought Nate's came from him.

This is the one that freaked me out:

Treatment with hormones such as progesterone during pregnancy may increase the risk of hypospadias.

I have been getting Progesterone shots 3 times a week for nine weeks now! I understand that I was started on the treatment because my stuff was low but honestly if I had known this I probably would have been more interested in waiting and watching rather then just jumping into shots with low numbers being my only sign of threatened miscarriage.

I would really like to know what I am having now because if its a girl I can stop freaking out but still GRR to google for freaking me out.

August 10th, 2011, 11:20 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
what would even make you want to google that?? It is WAY too soon to even be worried about that, lol!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
August 10th, 2011, 11:38 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
ok i'm sorry, i just finished re-reading the last part of your post!! IDK how i missed the important details...but really its so early to be worrying about it...ya never know, it might be a girl!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
August 10th, 2011, 02:21 PM
With Nathaniel I had no clue until he was born and they told me about it as they handed him to me for the first time. I have always worried about it just because Nate took so long to come out of anesthesia and I was starting to worry. Overall it wasn't too bad and now that he is potty trained I have not noticed any leaks so doesn't seem like we will ever have to get it fixed again.

I do have my fingers, toes, and everything in between crossed for a girl!

August 10th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow. Well that is something that a mama would worry about, but I think for now it is best to try to put it out of your mind. There is nothing that can be done about it until after birth, and you may not even be having a boy. Hopefully either way you won't have to deal with it again.

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

August 10th, 2011, 04:49 PM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
Girls can have it. it's when the urethra is a little short. Basically you pee out of your va-jajay instead of your urethra, but it's not a big deal. I know this because, *embarrassing* my mother told me I had this condition. I had tons of UTIs as a little kid, but I'd forgotten about it until DH and I had troubles getting preggo, then had it checked out. Turns other, either my mom is a weirdo and made it up, or I grew out of it. Doc says I am perfectly normal.

It's in the book Middlesex if anyone is interested.

Last edited by sarha81; August 10th, 2011 at 04:52 PM.
August 10th, 2011, 05:00 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Hmmm interesting. I didn't know that even existed...learn something new every day! I wouldn't worry too much about it just yet and even though the surgery makes you nervous, at least it's correctable and not something life threatening. Just trying to look on the bright side for you!

August 10th, 2011, 05:03 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
This is part of the reason why I was so upset last week about my over zealous OB and her progesterone support that I may or may not have needed. I was in no way informed of side effects (as it sounds the case with you). Praying that both of us have positive outcomes! I have tried to stay away from google.

Tiffany
August 10th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sure everything will work out ok
Keeping u in my prayers that you wont have to go through that again.

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 10th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks for all the thoughts I know its not something I am not going to worry about it too much right now but I did warn my OB to be prepared for 5000 questions when I have my appointment next week. Females cannot have hypospadias they can have the ureter in the wrong place and its called ectopic ureter or at least thats what the urologist told me when I took Nate ofr his follow up from surgery (yes I asked if it could affect girls 2 years ago I wanted to be prepared.)

@feythful I had never heard of it until they told me when I was getting ready for his surgery I found an amazing support group on another site and that's when I learned about inguinal hernias as well Nate's was very mild and his Urologist was amazing actually the entire surgical team was amazing. If I have to go through it again I will use the same doctor and hospital because while it looked nasty during recovery if I do not tell him he will never know.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search