What's for Dinner?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Veteran
I never tire of reading what everyone is eating...sometimes helps me figure out what I want. Maybe it's my closet obsession...

So, ladies, what's for dinner?

We're having...

Steak (the husband is grilling it)
Baked potatoes (if you've never tried salsa on the potato with sour cream - yum! And when I'm not pregnant, Bleu cheese and buffalo sauce - OMG. SO good! I've already converted my husband)
Grilled asparagus (for me) and broccoli (the husband)
Strawberry shortcake - random craving
August 11th, 2011, 09:29 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
We have a friend coming over at 5:30 to help work on one of our cars, so it has to be fast. I am going to pick up Subway. Right now, however, I am eating leftovers from dinner last night. Chicken Tikka Masala from my favorite Indian restaurant, also where we had our first date! YUM!
August 11th, 2011, 09:31 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG both of those sounds so yum!! Ok here's what I'm making..... get ready......... fried chicken, mac and cheese and greens. I NEVER make this kind of food but it just sounded sooooo good.
August 11th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Regular
Tomatos and sweet corn are in season in Minnesota. So, BLT's, sweet corn, and maybe some frozen yogurt to help with this sweet tooth of mine
August 11th, 2011, 09:47 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
as per the usual i have no clue, i had planned on making a velveeta chicken skillet last night but then we ordered pizza so maybe the skillet, maybe somethign else...who knows.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
August 11th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Super Mommy
I dont have a clue, grilled asparagus is soo good though I might do that. A chef salad would be great! I don't have any stuff though for it! Lol
August 11th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm thinking either tacos or taco salads. I'm not sure which.
August 11th, 2011, 10:28 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I forgot to take out meat for dinner so I don't have a clue, either. I've been eating leftovers for lunch, too, so I can't rely on that. Maybe I will make a store run.

August 11th, 2011, 10:31 AM
~Mindy~'s Avatar Full hands...Full ❤
I'm making pizza for dinner tonight.

Mindy ~ Mom to Dharma ~11
Leilani ~9
Dylan ~ 6
Malachi ~3
Delilah ~5 months

August 11th, 2011, 10:52 AM
mommy2kenzie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most likely leftovers from our BBQ yesterday.

siggy by Jaidynsmum
August 11th, 2011, 10:57 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
Is it just me, or does going to the grocery store sound like the worst thing ever? We used to never eat out, we loved cooking at home but lately DH has been out in the garage working on our car nonstop, and I can't manage to drag myself to the grocery store. I'd rather take a nap!
August 11th, 2011, 10:59 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, we order out way more than normal now.
August 11th, 2011, 11:01 AM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
Creamy Chicken and Spinach Casserole with green beans and rolls.
August 11th, 2011, 11:36 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
We are having pasta with virgin vodka sauce (no vodka) in my slow cooker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTsquared View Post
Is it just me, or does going to the grocery store sound like the worst thing ever? We used to never eat out, we loved cooking at home but lately DH has been out in the garage working on our car nonstop, and I can't manage to drag myself to the grocery store. I'd rather take a nap!
DH and I are BROKE because its so hard these days for me to make dinner because we NEVER have what I want. The other day I wanted specifically Outback mac and cheese..so we had to do outback. Before that I wanted CiCis, so we had to go there. We literally dont buy groceries anymore because my appetite is so unpredictable.

August 11th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTsquared View Post
Definitely not just you. I'm pretty sure...no...positive...that this is the FIRST actual "meal" we've cooked since I got my BFP. We go out or the husband brings food home from wherever I've requested. This was an unexpected side effect, for sure.
August 11th, 2011, 01:03 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband told me he was going to grill tonight....and told me the menu was going to be "sausage, hotdogs, stuffing (like at Thanksgiving) and mashed potatos"...um....try again buddy!!!

I'm going to run to the grocery store after to work to pick up something for dinner....

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
August 11th, 2011, 01:32 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
Well dinner is still far in the future but as of right now I am thinking stuffed peppers. I don't think I have ever fed Nate stuffed peppers so we will see how he likes it. I have actually cooked 5 meals in a row I think that is a record for me not getting take out or feeding Nate peanut butter and jelly for dinner while I eat crackers.

August 11th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm made chicken alfreado
Weve been eating alot of quickie meals lately so it was nice to have a normal meal even tho it was just me & alyssa.
Hubby is the store boss of aldi grocery store and its like pulling teeth to have him bring groceries home but i made him tonight lol

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 11th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Bella11356's Avatar Super Mommy
SO and I NEVER eat out, but we work at a restaurant so we eat there before we leave a lot. Tonight I had frozen waffles for dinner, and he's eating leftovers....really healthy huh?

August 11th, 2011, 09:38 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I have my Mother in law and Sister in law coming for dinner, and they are bringing some sort of one dish pasta meal. I baked a chocolate cake for dessert. (or is it spelt desert?, I never know!)

Tags
dinner , pregnancy , support

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search