Any one ever defeated their SO's or DH's gender dominance??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2011, 08:05 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
So funnily enough.. I only found out within the last year that males decide the gender of the baby..

My SO comes from a family of 4 boys. His eldest brother has 3 children.. ALL boys! So it's safe to say, that the male gene is STRONG in this family! (can't blame my mother in law for being desperate for a granddaughter).

However.. I am one of EIGHT girls.. I have NO brothers!

But I have nothing to do with the sex of my child... ****.

Does any one have a SO or DH that was, like mine, very dominant in on gender in their family and you broke the mold and finally had the opposing sex??

My fingers are crossed for a girl!

Starting a clomid journey!
August 11th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Super Mommy
Hmm, that is interesting for sure! DH comes from a family of two, one sister and himself. His parents all have lots of brothers and sisters, all evenly divided. I have two sisters, 16 GIRL cousins, 6 nieces and two nephews, one just a few days old. Boys are HARD to come by on my side of the family! DH and I had a girl, then a boy so we are pretty lucky. DH's sister has a boy and no other kids (probably won't have any more) so his parents now have two grandson's and one grand daughter and then this baby, which if it is a boy, then Bella (our DD) will be their own granddaughter. So it will be interesting. Not sure if this is the question you were after...LOL But this is my story and I'm sticking to it! bahahaha

So basically, we have a fair mix? Light on the boys on my side!

August 11th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Super Mommy
Yeah the Sperm Carries the deciding sex chromosome, but the egg decides which one to let in, so maybe it chose a girl! Lol you never know
August 11th, 2011, 08:46 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i'm one of 3, 2 girls and a boy. My mom has 4 brothers and 1 sister...out of the 10 grandchildren on her side there are 5 boys and 5 girls

my husband is one of 4 boys, his mom is one of three girls, his dad one of 5 boys...oddly enough his mom was one of like 5 girls. Our first was a boy so we'll see what this one is.

One of my girlfriends is one of three girls and her husband is one of three boys...they just found out they're having a boy. Honestly i think timing and the sperm itself has the most to do with it. Its all about speed vs endurance! LOL

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
August 11th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I broke the mold in my family. It happens.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
August 12th, 2011, 01:06 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I told my little eggies we only except Girl Sperms lol! We'll see if they listened or not.
August 12th, 2011, 01:24 AM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
My sister did. Her dh came from a fam of 3 boys and his brother had 2 boys. Thy swore up and down they could only have boys. Her first was a girl! She then went on to have 2 boys following the girl but estrogen is in the family!

My dh family is pretty even. Other then his mom has 5 sisters and 1 brother (brother is youngest and was last ditch effort for boy, lol). His parents already have one grandson and one granddaughter so either would do.

Tiffany
August 12th, 2011, 06:12 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
Both of our families are pretty evenly split, his side has a few more girls and mine has a few more boys. Guess it's a toss up!
August 12th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH has one (half, same dad) brother. He has two girls and so far we've only had boys (3 if they're right about this, including our loss). I know that's not a huge sample to go from but I think it just depends. My aunt had 4 girls then the last was a boy so ya never know.
August 12th, 2011, 08:31 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
yep, i did. my husband had 3 boys, and then i had his fourth. (his sister, and late brother had 5 girls between them, though). i figured we'd just always have boys, but our last child together was our girl, melissa. now his family denies her, because of that, and the fact that she doesn't look like them. :eyeroll: that infuriates me. and he's such a sadistic loser, i'm like, WHY in god's name, would i pin her on him if she belonged to someone, ANYone, else??
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

August 12th, 2011, 09:22 AM
AddysMom24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AddysMom24
DH has 2 brothers and his brothers each have a little boy. We had a little girl! I on the other hand am 1 of 3 girls and both my sisters have girls as well. My side is hoping this one is finally the little boy our family does not have

my siggy was made by *Kiliki*

August 12th, 2011, 09:23 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
THis post has made me excited for a girl again. I go back and forth ...
My 2 bros have SEVEN boys, NO girls.
My in-laws had TWO boys. On both sides of his family, there is a girl to every 3-4 BOYS.

You'd think we'd be having a boy, but we will see!
August 12th, 2011, 10:05 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
DH has 3 brothers and his one brother with kids has 3 boys. He also has 3 uncles on his dads side and no paternal aunts. And our first was a girl!!! We are now having a boy, but we beat the odds with my DD!

1/25/12

August 12th, 2011, 10:29 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 2 brothers, DH has 2 sisters and 1 brother.
DH and I have 3 girls and 1 boy. He has 1 boy and 1 girl (she passed at 4 months old) from a previous marriage.
My brother has 1 girl.
We would LOVE another boy on my side of the family. My poor DS only has sisters and 1 girl cousin.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

August 12th, 2011, 02:59 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingFaith View Post
DH has 3 brothers and his one brother with kids has 3 boys. He also has 3 uncles on his dads side and no paternal aunts. And our first was a girl!!! We are now having a boy, but we beat the odds with my DD!
Exactly the same as me & you had a girl!!!! Oh I may have just let out an excited squeal!
I don't particularly mind what we have.. I just know what it would mean for his family

Starting a clomid journey!
August 14th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Veteran
I'm in the same boat. DH has one boy from a previous marriage, no girls. His brother has 4 boys, no girls. His sister has 2 boys, no girls. His other sister has 2 boys and a girl. So DH says "My family only makes boys" and is convinced this baby is a boy.

But, at the NT scan the tech guessed it was a girl. It's not definitive though.

I read an interesting study that said that the woman actually has more control over things than previously thought. The egg is actually not totally passive. While it IS the sperm that determines the baby's sex, the egg actually is proactive in deciding WHICH sperm it wants to accept. There is a shield around the egg that prevents sperm from entering, until the egg releases it. Then it immediately puts it back up so that other sperm can't get in. There is some evidence that the egg can "choose" which one it wants to let in.

So I told DH that maybe my eggs only like girl sperm (I have 2 girls from a previous marriage). This would make 3 for me. So, yeah for choosy eggs!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search