OT: Anyone with facial piercings?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2011, 05:31 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I let DD get her lip pierced for her b-day. I took her on Monday. She started school Wednesday and got in trouble. There was nothing in the dress code about piercings last year but apparently they changed that this year and they are to be limited to ears only. I got a call from the principal and told him that we are not taking it out, she just got it done, and all I can do is put a bandage on it until it heals enough to put a spacer in. So for two days she wore a bandage and it was kind if painful for her, it was pushing it back and hard for her to eat with it on. This morning the swelling was down enough and I did get the spacer in. I know we aren't supposed to mess with it for at least 4 weeks, but I don't know what else to do. Is her lip going to grow over the plastic clear on in the 7 hours she's at school? I told her to keep an eye on it and to change it if she feels like something it wrong. I'm so nervous about this, its going to make my day go SO slow. I apologize for the OT posts, i just don't inow about this stuff and I tried google but got no where.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

August 12th, 2011, 05:43 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
I know with my nose ring if I changed it to a smaller thinner ring the only thing I had to worry about was the hole closing to the smaller ring size and then i couldnt get the other thicker rings in. I would keep an eye on it and make sure the skin in the inside doesnt grow over her piercing. I had a friend that had that happen to her and it was sooooooo painful for her to get out. Keep it clean every single time she eats or drinks anything thats not water. Sorry I cant be much more help.

August 12th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i would defiantly call the place that pierced it! they seem to always know aton on it! i hope that it will be okay!

btw i would of done the same thing in regards to getting the call..i hate how much they are trying to control our kids sometimes...if its not distracting her then i dont see how it could be a bother..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search