Weight check in!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2011, 06:58 PM
The Natalie's Avatar !!!!!!!!!
I have gained around 12 lbs now. UGH!! I guess I am gaining slow but steady. But still its definitely a reminder that my body is not my own right now. And it's actually the only negative thing I dislike about pregnancy.

August 27th, 2011, 08:24 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ive gained 15 pounds since pre-pregnancy.

August 27th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
really no clue.. my scale broke a few weeks ago and I have not weighted since..

August 27th, 2011, 10:53 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was up 4 pounds at 15 weeks. I haven't weighed since then and probably won't until I see my midwife at 20 weeks. It wouldn't surprise me if I were up another 5 pounds or so by then. Gaining weight is no fun

August 28th, 2011, 02:40 AM
Super Mommy
Pre-preg. I was 125. Dropped to 119, and at 18 weeks I am back up to 124. This is baby #5, and I generally deal with "morning" (more like all day) sickness the whole 40 weeks. Midwife said she would ba happy if i manage even 1 pound of weight gain by next appointment at 22 weeks.
August 28th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Super Mommy
I just dont get it???????? Am I the only one that gains a lot of weight when pregnant? and what makes my body so different than everyone elses? I'm very frustrated with my weight gain! very..I think I'm just very dissapointed in myself because I thught this time around would be different somehow and I woul dhave more self control. With continuing to exercise and my understanding about food and health, I really thought it would be different this time around.. .I have gained 20lbs so far and its not slowing down..

August 28th, 2011, 07:54 AM
~Meg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still at -2 when I weigh in when I wake up. But at night I'm at my pre pregnancy weight. I'm happy with it. At least I'm gaining now. It will be no time before I'm packing on the lbs. The doctor was happy with it but he has my pre pregnancy weight as 112 not 118 since I switched to time when my old doctor wouldn't do anything for my HG.

August 28th, 2011, 10:30 AM
MamaRed's Avatar Veteran
I'm up 15 pounds as of Friday morning. I'm a little concerned about it honestly. I didn't expect it to happen this quickly. I was pretty thin pre-pregnancy (125 @ 5'8"), but I worked really hard to get and maintain that after losing 40lbs about 6 years ago. I just hope it starts to slow down a bit. I eat healthy and am getting exercise, though not as much as I used to, but I'm going to make myself get back into a regular schedule on the treadmill in hopes of curbing unnecessary gain during these last 18 weeks.
August 28th, 2011, 11:44 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I am going back and forth between +10 and +13. Today I am +12. I am ok with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieTum View Post
I have gained 10 pounds and I am horrified to look at the scale. So, more healthy foods for me and more running!!
I am pretty sure that +10 is normal for 20 weeks. I wouldn't over do it with the running just because the scale is going up. It isn't like you have gained 30lbs.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
August 28th, 2011, 12:27 PM
TNTGarner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was up 17lbs at 20 weeks with DD. I gained 25 total... so it is very possible the weight gain will slow down with some people.

August 28th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iritee View Post
I just dont get it???????? Am I the only one that gains a lot of weight when pregnant? and what makes my body so different than everyone elses? I'm very frustrated with my weight gain! very..I think I'm just very dissapointed in myself because I thught this time around would be different somehow and I woul dhave more self control. With continuing to exercise and my understanding about food and health, I really thought it would be different this time around.. .I have gained 20lbs so far and its not slowing down..
Don't be so hard on yourself. As long as you are making good choices, you will be fine.

I am up seven pounds. I have some "extra" from before, so I'm okay with this.

August 29th, 2011, 02:03 AM
SarahMc's Avatar Super Mommy
Have gained about 5pounds - 3 of which I've gained in the last 3 weeks, depends what mood I'm in as to how I feel about it.

On the one hand, I don't enjoy watching the scales go up a pound a week, on the other hand I know I'm heading for a telling off from the doc and know weight gain is normal and necessary for pregnancy.

Still, watching the scales climb up and being perfectly ok with it seems odd after years of trying to stay reasonably fit and healthy!

August 29th, 2011, 08:50 AM
HONEYBUNNY61's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
About 10 pounds. I'm pretty happy with that since I had probably gained about twice that last pregnancy. I do need to eat better though. Still exercising.

VBAC, NATURAL BIRTHING, BREASTFEEDING, BABYWEARING, CLOTH DIAPERING MOM!
August 29th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Daydreamer's Avatar Jen
I have actually lost 8 lbs since my first prenatal appt at 7 weeks. I have lost 2 lbs at every monthly appointment since then. I am a plus sized girl already, so they haven't been concerned about it. I am still eating and haven't been sick. I think I am just losing because my eating patterns have changed and I am burning more calories now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search