pain down there (possibly tmi)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Veteran
I'm 20 weeks, and today I've been having alot of pain not IN my vagina, but it seems like mostly (sorry tmi) near the labia and more near the bones down there on either side. Sorry, I don't know how else to put it besides that. It feels like a sharp pain every now and then, almost like someones kicking me.

I've been having that classic sharp round ligament pain in my lower left side all day, but I know that's round ligament pain..just wondering about the other pain..thanks guys.
August 27th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No idea, but I'm interested in any responses because I've had it, too! I thought I was going crazy! This is the first time in any of my pregnancies that I've had it.

I actually took a bag of frozen peas and laid down with it between my legs yesterday. (I know! What an image!) but it totally helped!

I'll be interested to see if anyone else knows what this is.

August 27th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Victoria
I've had the same thing, maybe once a week if that.

If I recall correctly someone posted a thread about this a while ago, and it seemed fairly common. I wish that I could remember the hilarious term someone came up with for it.
August 27th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Veteran
The ice did help? Maybe i will try putting an ice pack or something because it's really uncomfortable.
August 27th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_year_baby2012 View Post
The ice did help? Maybe i will try putting an ice pack or something because it's really uncomfortable.
Yes! Give it a try. I think the peas worked because the bag was flexible and I could really get it next to the bone. It was killing me! No pain today..,

August 28th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Super Mommy
I get the same pain, especially after my 4-12hr shifts.... Being on my feet for 12 hrs running around, breaking down birthing beds, hulling beds with pats in them going for c/s is not an easy task, so I blame work for my pain....same pains as you it sounds like....and I think I will try those bag of peas....as soon as I read it , it sound so comfortable!!! lol

August 28th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had it with my ds. It's called SPD or Symphonis Pubic Disfunction or something close to that. It's incredibly painful when it gets bad.

August 28th, 2011, 12:54 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I had it our entire trip to NYC. No fun!!! Nothing much to do for it though, although I do agree that a bag of frozen veggies sounds so nice!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

August 28th, 2011, 02:42 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is your pelvic bones preparing to open and the ligaments and stuff stretching. It can get bad and develop into SPD as mentioned above. If you have access to a chiropractor it is a great help!

Stretching and exercise is also very beneficial.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
August 28th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yep....its quite painful. i was just talking to my doc about it last week because it seemed early for it, didnt happen until much closer to the end with my son. everything is just loosening up and it can be quite painful and for me being the 2nd baby its happening earlier.
She suggested a support band that would lift the uterus upward to take pressure off that area but im not sure if i can stand having something on my tummy at all
DD born 1/3/12

August 28th, 2011, 04:53 PM
pvm4ever88's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been having this too. It is not comfortable...

August 29th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Daydreamer's Avatar Jen
I get this too, once in a while. It's definitely not fun. I also have pain in my pubic bone which makes it hurt to walk.
August 29th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel like I keep getting on a soap box tonight...

This is totally treatable! It doesn't fully go away until after pregnancy but it's pelvic floor dysfunction and a women's health physical therapist can help. Just beware, this is basically gynecological physical therapy but it works. I worked at PT office for years and more than half of the practice was women's health PT and there's so much that can be done and exercises you can do. Not necessarily kegels, sometimes that's worse!

If you're interested in finding at PT that can help you can go here: http://www.apta.org/apta/findapt/ind...ID=10737422525 and select Women's Health.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search