Bringing home baby...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2011, 09:04 AM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Although it is pretty traditional around here and among people I know to have Mom or MIL stay with you after you have a baby (the idea is they cook, clean, tend older kids) I still have young siblings at home and my MIL won't fly, so I haven't ever had any one stay with us to help. My sis is living with us now, so I may see if she will take a few days off work to help with the big boys after DH goes back to work. My Mom took a few days off after DS#3 and would take the older boys to her house (minutes away) to play and be entertained so that the new baby and I could rest.
August 29th, 2011, 10:22 AM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I honestly do not want anyone in my house! lol. They can come visit during the day but after like 8pm they need to leave!

August 29th, 2011, 10:36 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by corilyn View Post
No one will stay the night but they will visit and my mom helps a lot even though she gets on my nerves.
This! ^^^ Haha. Actually, if its both my parents coming up then no one will stay in our house. They will get a hotel. Our house isn't big enough and don't have a guest room. But if its just my mom she will probably stay on our couch. As much as she gets on my nerves after a 20 minute over analyzation of something totally asenine she is really helpful with the older kids, cooking, cleaning. My DH even enjoys her help during labor. Weird I know. I think I'd be okay without her, but he likes to focus on me so she helps him with other stuff. Like grabbing a cold wash cloth or getting a glass of water. We've got the team dynamics down pat at this point! lol

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
August 29th, 2011, 11:27 AM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mom will be coming up here and staying with us when the baby comes and I'm looking forward to that! So is DH (he loves my mom!) because we know the extra help will be wonderful and she'll be so thrilled to be able to spend time with us and the baby. Ok, well, let's be honest, she'll be thrilled to spend time with the baby...we'll be a nuisance that keeps her from having the baby 24/7.

As far as DH's family, who knows. They RARELY come to see us...unless there is something else that brings them here, they only come up once a year at Thanksgiving. Hell, not a single one of them showed up to my bridal shower and that was held in the same place that almost all of them live, so I doubt they'll be making the effort to come up once the baby is born. If they do by chance come up, they'll stay with us as well, but I dread it. I love my FIL to pieces, but the step-MIL is a nightmare! She CONSTANTLY blares the TV as loud as it will go, she insists on helping in the kitchen, yet only manages to make the messes bigger, always manages to bring up subjects that people would rather not talk about (making everyone feel awkward), oh, and last time that they were here, she decided to be "helpful" and put all of the blankets and stuff they had been using away in the closet with all of the clean stuff. I'm sorry, but I'm a freak about cleanliness and I would DIE if I knew I was using blankets and stuff that someone else had used and they hadn't been washed. And on top of all of that, FIL smokes (not in our house, but he still smells like it) so yeah...if they come...it's going to be...interesting, I'm sure. LOL

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
August 29th, 2011, 11:27 AM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
No one. And I prefer it that way lol I've never needed or wanted anyone to stay with us after having a baby, even after my first. I'm the one whos gonna be home taking care of them anyway, why would I want a luxury I can't keep?? Plus, dh is more than enough help because he does everything I do with the baby (including getting up 100 times a night and giving baths). Yep even though he works a full time job, he helps at night too, I didn't make this baby by myself, and I have 3 full time jobs compared to his one

<3

<3
August 29th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Daydreamer's Avatar Jen
My family all live pretty close, so we wont be having anyone stay in our home. It will just be my husband and I. We will have to have someone come in a few times a day to check on our pets, while we are in the hospital, though.
August 29th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My parents live within 30 minutes and will come over quite often bearing gifts and lunch/dinners. We have a great relationship with both sets of parents and I would be heartbroken if they were unable to spend this important time with us.
August 29th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Super Mommy
Not really sure yet... We just spoke about this yesterday. My mom passed away last year and my MIL we are not sure can come from Israel this time. we might be on our own but we will manage.

August 29th, 2011, 02:19 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swade66 View Post
Well we have a super tiny apartment so no one will stay here. Even if we had a house no one would stay.

MIL/FIL will have Elizabeth sleeping at their house. DH will crash here when he isn't at the hospital (this hospital kicks even the dads out at 10pm).
After baby comes home though and depending on the weather we will probably go stay with my inlaws for a few days. Elizabeth came home right before 4th of July so we had one night at home before we packed her up and took her out there. They pretty much let us do our own thing (we have our own room) so it is like being home only they cook for us.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
August 29th, 2011, 04:53 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
dh probably wont be staying with me at the hospital at night, but i am more than ok with that. the hospital is only 10 minutes down the road, and the kids will need him home more than i need him at the hospital.

<3

<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search