Will the baby sleep in your hospital room?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2011, 05:10 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
or will you let them take the baby to the nursery so that you can sleep?

August 28th, 2011, 05:14 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It all depends. I let Bella sleep in the nursery the first night and they brought her in to nurse (or attempt to rather). But only because I had been in the hospital since 6:00 pm the day before and had not slept at for over 24 hours. I lost a ton of blood during the delivery and was running on nothing by that point.

Not that I was able to rest fully because nurses come in every 5 minutes to push on your stomach (OMG that hurt so bad), or to check on different things, but I was able to rest better than I had while at the hospital. When I called for her the next morning, I was really able to enjoy my time with her because I was not completely delirious.

So, it all depends on how labor goes and how long/how much energy it take out of me.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
August 28th, 2011, 05:17 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
I would like to, but like Anna said, it will depend on how things go. If my DH is able to stay in the room with me then I would think I would, but if he has to go home to be with Anna and I had a rough delivery than I may not.

August 28th, 2011, 05:18 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Baby will never leave our side. I am delivering in a birth center so I only have to stay there 4 hours. If I deliver during the daytime I could be home as early as 4 hours later. If at night I will stay overnight and leave in the morning. There will be no reason for baby to leave my side.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

August 28th, 2011, 05:19 PM
littlebeansmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Baby girl will stay with me at all times unless she needs the NICU or goes for the standard newborn tests. With DS I walked down to the nursery while he was getting tested so that I could see him.
DS #1:

My precious angel DS#2:

My rainbow DS#3:

My Princess #4:
August 28th, 2011, 05:22 PM
everafter's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by anybodyinthere View Post
or will you let them take the baby to the nursery so that you can sleep?
Well, I REALLY want to be successful at breastfeeding this time and to ensure that I want to have the baby in the nursery with me all the time.....

I don't know what the hospital's policy is on that yet, but I'll probably find out soon....

August 28th, 2011, 05:24 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by everafter View Post
Well, I REALLY want to be successful at breastfeeding this time and to ensure that I want to have the baby in the nursery with me all the time.....

I don't know what the hospital's policy is on that yet, but I'll probably find out soon....
Do you mean in the room with you??

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
August 28th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
Baby will be staying in the room with me. Unless she needs to be in the NICU

August 28th, 2011, 05:33 PM
TNTGarner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
and you can also be successful at nursing and have the baby go to the nursery... you can make sure that the baby is not given formula if you so choose. Our hospital does not have a nursery. When DS was born we had a nursery at that hospital. He went the final night in between nursings and they brought him to me to nurse. I was soooo stressed out from his lack of nursing that it really did help. DD was born at a hospital with no well baby nursery so she was with me the whole time which was nice as well.

August 28th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Because of the c-section, rooming in,especially the first night is tough. I ask the nurses to bring baby in throughout the night to establish nursing, but with the pain meds I feel groggy and want to make sure baby is okay. I just play it by ear and see how I feel.

August 28th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Victoria
I would like to have the baby in the room with me if possible.

All these threads are making me realise how much there is that I haven't thought about!!
August 28th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
My plan is definitely to have the baby in the room with me from the moment s/he is born until we all go home together. I want DH to stay in the room with me, too; I'm planning to go home as soon as possible after delivery!

August 28th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to TanyaH Send a message via MSN to TanyaH Send a message via Yahoo to TanyaH
I must admit that I'm one of those that lets the baby stay in the nursery at night so I can get some sleep. Mainly because once I get home I know I won't get any rest with 4 kids. This gives me a chance to rest at night while there. The nurses always bring the baby at the crack of dawn during shift change so I don't get a full night of rest but it helps.

SAHM to Jacob(9), Abigail(7), Andrew(5) & Karianne(1)
August 28th, 2011, 06:03 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
I want the Carson to stay in the room with me the whole time, unless other circumstances prevent this.
August 28th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm with Tanya on this one. I'll have the baby in the nursery at nights so i can rest as much as possible and start the c-section recovery. Hopefully I'll have her with me during the day at all times, but I have a lifetime to bond with her. With Max, I barely saw him in the hospital because he was jaundice and needed to be under the lights at all times except for feedings. So they brought him into me for 20 minutes every three hours. That was torture!

August 28th, 2011, 06:25 PM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With Madison I had them take her the first night but not the second night. My water broke at midnight so I never slept so I thought it was best I got some sleep. This time I just have to see how it goes.

August 28th, 2011, 06:26 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTGarner View Post
and you can also be successful at nursing and have the baby go to the nursery... you can make sure that the baby is not given formula if you so choose. Our hospital does not have a nursery. When DS was born we had a nursery at that hospital. He went the final night in between nursings and they brought him to me to nurse. I was soooo stressed out from his lack of nursing that it really did help. DD was born at a hospital with no well baby nursery so she was with me the whole time which was nice as well.
I didn't even think about them not having a well baby nursery. We go for our hospital tour in October so I guess we'll find out then. I plan on nursing too, and I don't think the nursery would hurt that as long as they don't give formula. We'll see how everything goes though

August 28th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Treysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I had DS he stayed in the nursery the first 2 nights b/c I couldnt even feed myself let alone him...lol...I was way to druged to do anything for him. But this time I will be refusing pain meds after my c-section except motrin. So he may just stay there the first night but it all depends on how I feel after the c-section.

Thank you Chelsea for my beautiful siggy!!
August 28th, 2011, 06:32 PM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My Hospital only practices rooming in, there is a NICU, but not a well baby nursery. Baby will stay with me at all times, except when they do the routine hearing test. The Mother/Baby unit is also a secured facility. You have to have certain info to get in and visit a friend and a nurse has to let you in. Baby can't leave the room either without being in it's bassinet.
August 28th, 2011, 06:57 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The baby will stay with me the entire time.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search