I am in such a funk...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2011, 02:35 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have had the hardest day today being back at work. I have missed Bella like crazy and my kids were so needy. I hate the beginning of the year. I hate establishing expectations. It is so draining. Every year I forget how young the kids are at the beginning. I go from a group of kids that are so self directed and independent to a new group who knows none of the rules and cannot do anything by themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I have a GREAT group of kids this year. But I just find myself mentally and physically exhausted by the end of the day. And it does not help that I miss Bella more than anything.

Sorry for my vent. I am just having a really hard time adjusting to my work life again after being home all summer.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
August 29th, 2011, 02:37 PM
LeslieTum's Avatar Veteran
Awww....Must be rough! But at the end of the year you can look at how they have matured and know you did that... But, Hope you get some time to relax now that you are off work!!
August 29th, 2011, 02:39 PM
MamaSugarplump's Avatar Jordan
Same here! This is my second week back at school. I do Occupational Therapy and all the kindergarten kids I have are like ... preschoolers but even further behind than the average kindergarten kid because they have special needs of some sort. It's frustrating and draining for sure.
August 29th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Anna- View Post
I have had the hardest day today being back at work. I have missed Bella like crazy and my kids were so needy. I hate the beginning of the year. I hate establishing expectations. It is so draining. Every year I forget how young the kids are at the beginning. I go from a group of kids that are so self directed and independent to a new group who knows none of the rules and cannot do anything by themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I have a GREAT group of kids this year. But I just find myself mentally and physically exhausted by the end of the day. And it does not help that I miss Bella more than anything.

Sorry for my vent. I am just having a really hard time adjusting to my work life again after being home all summer.
I hear you, girl! I have to go back this week on Wednesday and Thursday for in-service, Open House,etc and then start teaching next Tuesday. I am, for some reason, so depressed about going back to work. I'm going to miss my boys so much. I feel so guilt about them not having an awesome summer because I was too exhausted. I don't want to deal with the drama of the people that I work with. I want to stay home and nest. I'm too emotional about this! Know that you aren't alone. At least we are in a great profession for working moms, right?

August 29th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I'm so sorry! Today was our first real day back (with the kids). It was only a few hours because parents had orientation and then left, but I could not get out of there quick enough! Establishing rules and norms of behavior in the classroom is hard, even under good conditions. I feel so distracted all the time; I was hoping it would disappear, but I feel like it got worse over the summer.

Of course, today my aide sauntered in 15 minutes late, after I had already dealt with all the kids and separating them from their parents by myself, and then I realized that when I shaved my legs this morning, I must've nicked myself, because when I looked at my knee where my pants felt a bit damp, I had bled all through my pant leg; it was a total wreck. All I could hope was that the parents would think it was a magic marker! It was a mess of a day.

It'll all get better, Anna. In a couple of weeks, they'll be doing exactly what they're supposed to do, with almost no support. The start of the year is so hard. I know how much you must miss Bella, but I just have to be thankful we have this profession, where there's so much time off to enjoy our kids -- Christmas is right around the corner!

August 29th, 2011, 03:35 PM
boots&bowtie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to boots&bowtie
I'm sorry you're having a tough time adjusting! I don't think I could do a job where I had months off at a time. I have enough trouble getting back into the groove after like a week off!

I hole things get better for you soon hun!

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggie!

August 29th, 2011, 03:52 PM
ladybugwoods's Avatar Super Mommy
Im sorry to hear you are having a hard time. I cant imagine how hard it must be to leave Bella after being home all summer. The upside is that things will change slowly but surely. Hang in there
August 29th, 2011, 04:19 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I think that would be one of the hardest parts. Readjusting to the schedule and new people.

I hope you can get into a good routine soon and that all your LOs are quick learners.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search