Anyone struggling with names?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So is anyone struggling with naming their baby? I'm curious to see how many of you are already settled on your name choice and how many still are searching.

We have a girl's name. Usually we have the name chosen before I am even pregnant, and usually I'm super confident on the sex based on the fact that I have a name. But I have a crazy feeling this might be a boy and we can't agree on ANYTHING.

All my other boys are 1 syllable names. I'd like to stick with that trend.

So where is everyone at with names? You don't have to share your choices, I probably won't share mine until I know the sex for sure.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
September 9th, 2011, 07:13 AM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
We have a girl's name picked out, but can't think of a boy's name we can both agree on for anything. We have 3 boys already, so that may be why. LOL Not to mention, I like one syllable first names as well because I hate names being shortened. My husband is British, so a lot of names from the US are a no go for him and vice versa for me. Ugh. I think we've given up on trying to come up with one until we find out the gender. Less stress.
September 9th, 2011, 07:15 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
We are set in Renee Jeanne for a girl. Right now for a boy it's James Paul, but if we can find something else we both agree on, that might change. I am okay with James (DH's name) if we call him James, not Jim or Jimmy, but DH said he can't promise he won't call him Jimmy. Since DH is Jimmy to his family and Jim to everyone else, I find that too confusing. We shall see...
September 9th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Super Mommy
I have my names set for sure and have for since before getting pregnant! Now to just see if they suite the names...which they always do! hehe

I can't wait to use them or one of them too!

September 9th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think we have a first name for a boy but no middle name. I had two girls names that I liked but now I think they are both off the table. We aren't finding out the sex so I wanted a few names for each but I don't think that's going to happen. We may just have to meet the baby and see what s/he looks like.
September 9th, 2011, 08:29 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're not seriously discussing it until we know what they are. But I know it's going to be a fight when it comes down to it. I think I should get to name the babies since I'm doing all the hard work.

September 9th, 2011, 09:02 AM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
We had a pretty firm idea of names before we were pregnant. I changed my boy's first name (thumbs up to any of you who remember why!. haha) and my girls name is somewhat back up for discussion - but neither DH or myself can think of a single name we like better.

So you could say that both our names chosen, but our girl name is subject to change after our gender scan. Our boy name is set in stone.

September 9th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Jillianne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were set on both before we found out it was a girl
Caddigan Maureen
Sawyer Charles

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 9th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We've had a girl name picked out for a long time but can't agree on a boy name. Every time I think we're making progress DH goes back to the name he likes which I despise. I decided I don't want to talk about it with him anymore until we know for sure the baby is a boy.
September 9th, 2011, 09:48 AM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We won't seriously start discussing until we know the sex of the baby. But probably not until the 3rd trimester.

September 9th, 2011, 10:31 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
we have a top two or three list for boy and girl, leah or anna for a girl and alex or jake, for a boy. It's been hard and I'm not completely sold on these names yet. either is DH
September 9th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't even get DH to talk about it. He says that we have plenty of time to figure it out. I have names that I like but DH won't even veto or give his opinion at all, so I guess we'll figure it out after we know what we are having.

September 9th, 2011, 11:39 AM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
Send a message via AIM to BSandDsMommy Send a message via Yahoo to BSandDsMommy
We have a name picked for a girl and boy, just waiting until the 19th so we know which one it'll be :O)

September 9th, 2011, 11:42 AM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have two names picked out for a girl; we both like both equally, so I'm not sure which one we'd use yet.

As for a boy's name...I have about seven possibilities written down but haven't discussed them seriously with DH yet. We have time. A boy's name will definitely be my decision, since DH chose DS's name.

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

September 9th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We almost picked out names, but then we remembered babies need middle names too

Neither of us are very good at naming things, so I'm sure it will be a long time before names are chosen.
September 9th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Super Mommy
We have a boy name, Darwin, but aren't positive on the middle name yet. The middle name will either be DH's name, Damian, or his (his father's and grandfathers too) middle name, Jason.

We are stuck on girl names. I have a list of about 10, but DH doesn't like any of them. I really like Journee or Daelee, which I made up, but he doesn't. I can't wait to find out in 10 days if its a boy or girl so we can decide.

September 9th, 2011, 02:06 PM
armymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It took us about 5-10 minutes to find names we are actually SET on, which is amazing because it took us FOREVER to find a name last time around for DS. That being said, our boy's name choice is Shawn Hunter, which I'm really iffy about and trying to get DH to sway away from it because almost immediately after we decided on it I realized that is the name of a character from the old show Boy Meets World. Now that's all I can think about whenever the name is mentioned lol.
September 9th, 2011, 02:12 PM
MuffinMama's Avatar First Time Mama :)
Send a message via AIM to MuffinMama
The naming process has been a biiiig debacle with SO and I, haha. We actually settled on a boy's first name fairly easily but have no idea what to do for a middle name. The name we chose is a little less common and seems more difficult to pair with anything else.

As for a girl, we're stumped. We had settled on Aya, but then SO backed out. Once we settled on Gia, I was the one who changed my mind. So we're back to square one and just crossing our fingers for a boy!
September 9th, 2011, 02:43 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
we have a boy name, no girls names, though i have a few i like. my husband is the difficult one.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 9th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Shannon1978's Avatar ~Formerly Donkey Lemonade
We have a LONG list of names we like. We just add to it every time we hear one. We will talk more about it once we know the genders. If we have g/g, b/b, or b/g we like different names based off of the gender combinations.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search