Anyone else...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2011, 11:24 AM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
...frustrated with the limited selection of Gender Neutral clothes?

I am dying to shop and it seems like no matter what store I go to, I'm lucky if I can find anything at all except for plain white onesies or a duckie jumper. And that's it. lol

I'm happy that I only have one more month, and at least there are TONS of gender neutral blankets and things to shop for, but I'm just so ready to stock that closet!! I have 30+ pieces of clothing, but they are sized 0-9 months. Mostly 3-6 and hardly and 0-3. I haven't had this big of an urge to shop since... ever!!

I just know that I am going to hit every single store on the way home from my gender scan! lol

And for the ladies who aren't finding out - bless you!!

September 9th, 2011, 11:34 AM
hoping4more
I never bought anything until I found out the gender. I never really liked the gender nuetral stuff for myself. Like you said it's usually plain onesies or yellow ducks or something.

I have had both boy and girls in cooler months so I wasn't overly anxious this time around. With my first though I was going insane. Hang in there, you will find out soon.
September 9th, 2011, 04:21 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
I haven't really looked much because I'm waiting to find out the gender. When I had my m/c, my mom bought a cute ducky outfit and a bib that are gender neutral. I prefer to buy for a girl or a boy, although I really like boy's clothes better. I'm not into really girly stuff. If I can get around buying any pink for a girl, I will!
September 9th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i havent started shopping yet either! counting down the days till thursday!! so Friday i can start shopping haha

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 9th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes!

It really sucks. I don't want to get everything pink or blue, but the neutral stuff is really hard to find. It often costs more too Even if I do find neutral stuff it's nearly always yellow or white... What happened to green, brown, red, tan... so on...
September 9th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Super Mommy
YES! I have been so anxious to buy stuff but I find the same problem everywhere I go, only a couple of things gender neutral and usually it is something with ducks on it. Ducks are cute, but not as cute as the other gender specific stuff has on it. So far the only things I have bought is a yellow bib that says "I love my big sister", a little mini sock monkey that has an Oregon ducks sweatshirt on it (I am from Oregon originally), and today I bought some cute little frog booties. I can't wait to find out the gender so I can start buying stuff!

September 9th, 2011, 06:47 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the pink pink pink, either. I like the browns, yellows, and greens, oranges, reds... anything but pink and blue. It always either has trucks of flowers on it! haha. I guess in a months it won't matter.

I'll probably still be skeptical if my scan says girl. I don't want to be one of those mommies who buys a trillion dollars with of pink stuff, only to have her little man come out with his hidden winkie. It happens... it think? lol. And if it hasn't, I don't want to be the first. lol

September 9th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I consider it a challenge now I am not a big fan of yellow and ducks so I will scour the stores for grey, red, green, etc. I've gotten lucky at Carters a few times in their clearance section and I found a cute beige sleep set with an elephant and a grey footed sleeper with an elephant print. I'm going to check out H&M soon to see what they have, I've heard they have a really good baby section. My DH likes that I can't really over buy since we don't know and I'm kinda glad too because I tend to make big babies and lots of the tiny clothes don't fit but I have a hard time resisting them because they are so cute
September 9th, 2011, 07:27 PM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
This is a total pet pieve of mine!!! We're not finding out the gender and really don't like pink or blue anyway. I would love it if my kiddo could live in gender neutral clothes all the time, but nobody wants to sell any! Plus, I love hand-me-downs and I think all this gender specific stuff just makes people buy more. I hate that and think its ridiculous!
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
September 9th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The thing I find really odd is even when I do find neutral colors they are called boy's or girl's. Aside from having a penis or vagina I fail to see how the two sexes of infant are shaped differently.
September 9th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Super Mommy
I totally gave up on gender neutral last time, it's just not as much fun This time I just don't have the same shopping urge that I thought I would. Since the ultrasound tech was pretty sure it was a girl again, I don't really need to.

Audrey Peridot
Born March 11, 2009 - 31weeks 4days

Lost one of our girls, Bridget Evangeline, at 24w5d on January 22, 2009.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search