Help! All my thoughts are about food!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2011, 06:34 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
This is ridiculous. During the last pregnancy, I couldn't even think of food until the last trimester, but it is my all consuming mission during this pregnancy. That's why all the threads I start are about food.

I'm in the south and boiled peanuts are a big thing around here. I've had them a couple times and never understood why people would want mushy peanuts. In the last 2 weeks, these little peanut stands have popped up. I don't know if it's peanut season here, but they've been advertising on the tv too! Suddenly, I want them every time I pass a stand. Normally, my DH is driving and he says "but you don't even LIKE them..." Today I got some and ate almost half the bag for dinner...

Anything that you don't normally like, but now you crave and love them?

September 10th, 2011, 06:42 PM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been the same way! With all 3 of my boys I was sick and puking for 9 months. I always weighed less when I finished than when I started. This time, other than a little nausea in the beginning, I am stuffing my face constantly! I'm originally from Georgia, so I LOVE me some boiled peanuts! Fortunately though, I can't get them here in Memphis. LOL
September 10th, 2011, 07:15 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
At some of the grocery stores (an I think Walmart), they sell packages to do it at home in the microwave in the produce section. You might see if they have some...

September 10th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
im always hungry and always eating lol

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 10th, 2011, 07:58 PM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by feythful View Post
At some of the grocery stores (an I think Walmart), they sell packages to do it at home in the microwave in the produce section. You might see if they have some...
Thanks for the tip! I'll have to look the next time I go.
September 10th, 2011, 08:35 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
no but i have certain soups that i love and can't eat while pregnant. wild thing is, there's two kinds, one brand, with different shaped noodles. i can eat the round ones, but not the straight. crazy.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

September 10th, 2011, 08:50 PM
hoping4more
I'm craving everything!!! I'm trying to munch on carrots and what not, but I'm going insane. I grab a bottle of water and do whatever I can to stop thinking about it!
September 11th, 2011, 07:01 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i get random cravings but nothing too crazy...so far i've eaten much better this time than i did with tyler. I was sick with him a lot so it was all crackers/carbs and fried food. I still love fried food but i try to balance it with grilled chicken and salads when i can.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 11th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
With this pregnancy the only thing I have craved is loaded baked potatoes, and that was in the very beginning now im over it, and haven't had a single craving yet....its weird. Except that really I don't really want to eat, not that im nauseas, just nothing sounds good. Or tastes good for that matter, lol my tastebuds stopped working awhile ago, and have yet to come back...
September 11th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I have been crazy for food(I have trouble eating because of the HG but still crazy lol)I eat anytime my body lets me and I am eating the weirdest things lol

With my 3 girls I was so deathly ill from my Hyperemesis that I was hooked up to so many cords and couldn't even think about food, With this baby my meds are working so I am not vomiting 24/7 I can eat but this is so new to me lol
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 11mo 10/10/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search