What's going on around the boards JM.. ??????

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2011, 06:27 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
I was really sad to hear of people feeling as if they had to leave DDC's because of the way others are behaving/have behaved.
It seems really unfair to the ones that respect what the boards are about and have the very best intentions when using them.
I was speaking with my sister on the phone last night, who also uses JM boards, I won't mention the ones she's a part of. But she was telling me last night how her once close knit board has now turned bad and lots are leaving/being asked to leave all because of the nasty and thoughtless things people who lack self control will say.

Now I don't know about you guys, but being pregnant is tough for some, even the good experiences have their bad moments and I truly believe that it's our job to support and in turn, be supported. The outside world and the worlds we live in are painful and confronting. What better way to switch off, than to turn to a bunch of unjudgmental women whom are always willing and prepared to talk any thing and every thing through for the hope to help others achieve positive outcomes.
Sounds great in theory doesn't it? Sadly it's not taking place every where.

We are women who are powerful, but some times feel weak. We are women who know what we want but some times lose our ways. We are women who are strong, but some times need help gaining strength. We are women with endless capabilities, but we some times grow tired. We are women who stand out of the crowd, but some times we forge that we're seen. We are women with big hearts and we feel emotion... We have every thing to gain from others, but all it takes is one word, or one sentance and you can strip a pregnant woman/mother temporarily of all her ability to feel all those things listed above and it's simply not fair.
Opinions are fantastic, we're all here to hear them but where have people gone wrong and forgotten how to be gracious?

This may be a computer, which makes it easier to flare up and attack, but you're doing no one any favours by being a keyboard warrior. There is some one aching at the other end of your keyboard, who feels complete and utter pain from what is said.
I really hope that with all that is going on around JM at the moment, that people become tired of considering their own opinions 'king' and not being able to put the shoe on the other foot before speaking.

I would just like to take the time to mention how proud I am to be a part of Feb DDC and how supported I feel... And I thank you ladies.. endlessly. I've needed each and every single one of you since finding out I was pregnant and when I think of how I COULD have been treated, I feel so blessed that I was lucky to enough to avoid those who ruin the JM experience.

Lurkers, I hope you learn from this because us in Feb DDC sure didn't need to hear it, thank you for reading my vent, this topic was heavy on my heart.

Starting a clomid journey!
September 11th, 2011, 06:32 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
That was such a well written, thoughtful post. I don't read any boards other than our DDC, and it's probably better that way. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we have a great group of girls here, and our DDC is the best! Let's keep it that way! Love and support in, drama out. <3
September 11th, 2011, 06:42 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
I don't go to any other group or message board websites. There is so much drama on the internet where people choose to make it. I'm sure we all get cranky - but for some reason, Feb has been able to handle it without foul language, name-calling, and all the other negativity that seems to be around every corner. Not in this DDC. Not that I have ever seen.

Last edited by BrittanyLBH; September 11th, 2011 at 06:48 PM.
September 11th, 2011, 06:43 PM
jennybunny82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very well put... I am very proud of this DDC... I am actually active on a couple boards on JM that are very respectful and caring but DDCs have the most drama if any. I'm guessing pregnancy and hormones and women are not a good mix. But I can't wait to get to know and support everyone further along in our pregnancies and then maybe eventually be close enough to be FB friends. LOL. In my PR we are all FB friends. Some of us have even met... JM is a great support system when you find the right group of women

September 11th, 2011, 06:46 PM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
Very well said!
September 11th, 2011, 06:47 PM
katiebug02's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my second DDC on JM and luckily both have been wonderful. I left my other board after years because it turned into a constant flame fest and to be honest I was scared to ever have an opinion on anything. That is how I found JM and I loved it because everyone I've been around was so supportive and kind. I really hope it stays like that in our playroom. I would hate to lose any of our members. Thank you so much for posting this.

Proud Mommy of Eric(11), Caitlyn(9), Aidan(6), Mason(3) and Eliana(2/21/2012)
September 11th, 2011, 06:57 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i have thankfully never been a part of a group that couldn't civilly work out its issues but i have seen things go crazy before. i'm so glad we have a nice, laid back group of ladies here.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 11th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is the only DDC I've been reading. I like how everyone here is opinionated, and yet still civil. It makes for a very nice balance of support, new ideas, and open debate. Wonderful group
September 11th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
We all know why I left my actual ddc, so thankyou this is very well written, much appreciated. And even though I have said it many times, thankyou again ladies for accepting me though im not due in feb. This ddc has been wonderful
September 11th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Super Mommy
I agree! I don't understand why people feel they need to be so judgemental to people that are here for support. Didn't they listen to what most mothers have told us "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I couldn't imagine having people like that in our DDC, and am very happy that we haven't encoutered any of that kind of stuff.

September 11th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hear, hear! I totally agree with every post that I've read in this thread. Our DDC has been an amazing group to be apart of.

September 11th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Bella11356's Avatar Super Mommy
You know, we really truly do have the BEST ddc! I don't get why people have to hide behind the Internet and be rude! I always try to remember how I feel when people berate me or are rude...than I remind myself that I am a bigger person and I refuse to make others feel awful. I think of the numerous poor young girls that have killed themselves because of cyber bullying...which is the overall issue with other ddc's.

You just never know who takes what to heart and how much it hurts them! And we are all pregnant and moody and acting like a first class B...but that doesn't mean take it out on these other women who are supposed to be here to support you. It isnt their fault...

And as for people talking about opinions...well these are the people who never learned that you aren't always right, you aren't always first place, and you aren't always liked. This is societies fault...ughh don't get me started! Just a quick side note, in public school here in San Antonio the kids do bike rodeo during rodeo time. They bring their bikes to school and ride through cones and in a straight line and stuff like that. EVERY one gets blue ribbons... EVERY one is a winner!

Ummm what happened to teaching kids about reality and real life...sometimes you may lose, or not get picked, or not get the job...anyways I agree with everything ingrid said. And if anything starts to happen on this ddc, I'm just going to copy and paste what she said to whoever is causing problems!

September 11th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Mama to 5 girls and 1 boy
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
So very well said, I have been a JM member since 2007 and have been a part of many boards here I have seen lots of drama but much much more love and wonderful experiences and wonderful women

This DDC is amazing
Karrara 10 1\2 01/11/05, Kaiah 9 07/01/06, Kayda 7 1\2 01/12/08
Katara 3 1\2 02/10/12, Korra 1 1\2 10/10/13, Kannon 5mo 02/21/15

September 12th, 2011, 12:25 AM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nicely said Ingrid

It really has been wonderful getting to know all of you ladies. I feel like you all have been a part of my pregnancy. I'm not sure what I would do if I had to leave or our group fell apart.

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment 11/19

September 12th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Veteran
I think you are a very good writer and you know how to get across what your heart is feeling.
I have found a family here and since I have no real girlfriend in this town I live in, no mom for advice...writing to all of you girls is my biggest support and it makes me feel safe...thanks to everyone..I hope we never loose this magic
September 12th, 2011, 04:41 AM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
I really havnt noticed any problems here... but this is the only forum i look at....

September 12th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
September 12th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Veteran
Agreed. Just because you have a RIGHT to say something doesn't mean you SHOULD. Not everyone wants to hear a nasty opinion just because you have it. A little kindness and restraint goes a long way.

I have been pleased with it here too.

Last edited by Miraleila; September 12th, 2011 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Message spontaneously posted before complete
September 12th, 2011, 06:49 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
This DDC is awesome! I've been so lucky to be part of two awesome DDCs. The problem with DDCs is kind of like the problem with teaching. It only takes one person to make the whole group miserable. What's really sad is that I was talking to a friend about another DDC and was telling her she might want to switch to one near hers. Then a few days later, I hear the one girl who stirs up everything has been absent lately and things have gotten way better. It's so sad that one person has the power to ruin it. Thanks ladies for using your powers for good and not evil!

September 12th, 2011, 07:21 AM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Now you know why I am the most active here even though I am due and will deliver in Jan. I love this ddc and yes, there are a ton of rude women out there.
DS3- Born 11/4/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search