ok..... so thats a lot of girl clothing!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2011, 01:40 PM
hoping4more
I totally somehow never realized what an excessive amount of girl clothing I had for my daughter! I'm going through everything freshening things up, I also decided to get rid of a bunch of stuff. I have sizes newborn - 3T right now. My daughter is wearing 2T. I have sorted out clothing I was given but don't like, anything with a bit of burp stain, and other things that just don't really have an entire out-fit to put together. I have already 3 trash bags full, and I haven't gone through sizes 6-9 or 18 months yet!! That is 3 trash bags full to get rid of, and I still have a lot left for my baby girl. I think I'm just going to freecycle it, hopefully it can make someone else very happy.

Anyone else got a ton of clothing that they are downsizing?

Next I need to go through my sons closet. My boys where born in opposite seasons and missed on clothing all the way up till 2T so I have every size in every season! I just don't have the room to store it all, but at the same time I'm not sure we are done either and I don't want to have to rebuy everything. I don't think downsizing though is a bad idea.
September 12th, 2011, 02:38 PM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
Unfortunately, I have the opposite problem. We don't know the gender of this baby yet, but whatever it is will have to have a new wardrobe. My youngest 2 boys are in the same size and as they outgrow things I've been giving them away because I was supposed to be finished! Not to mentions, after being through 3 boys, most things have seen better days. lol
September 12th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
my niece is 9months younger then my daughter so i pass everything down to her!
i need to go through her clothes again and pass them down soon

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 12th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got rid of everything except a few very special outfits. We thought we were done after Max and then decided to have one more so we are starting over in the clothing department. Thankfully I clothing swap with a few friends so once the baby is born we'll have plenty of clothes flow in. I bought a few gender neutral outfits to last the first week or so.
September 12th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Super Mommy
Was going to start going through my dd clothes this afternoon still haven't gotten around to it yet though took a nap instead ^^
I only have up to 9 month stuff to go through though and then a pile I was given so I don't have too much
September 12th, 2011, 04:39 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
I don't have any babies yet but I will definitely be downsizing my own clothing. DH has to move his clothes into my closet to make room in the baby's room. I bought a bunch of totes so I can box up clothes and store them in the closet. And I'm sure I'll be donating a ton.
September 12th, 2011, 06:00 PM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
as someone who has gotten tons of maternity and baby hand me downs, your used items will make someone's day, for sure!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search