So Embarrassed

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last night, DH and I went out for a smoothie. We got home and drank them. Then I decided to get up and make dinner. I coughed and then gagged a little, but didn't think much of it because I have been doing that. I went to get a peppermint and when I got to the mints I realized I was going to throw up. I tried to run to the bathroom, but I didn't make it. I lost it in the middle of our bedroom floor. I finally made it to the toilet, but then it was all over my hands and my shirt. I couldn't call loud enough for DH to hear me, and he knows that I don't like to be messed with if I throw up so he didn't come check on me until he heard me crying. I couldn't talk so I couldn't warn him not to step in it and then he had to clean it up. I'm just so embarrassed. I don't know what brought it on and it didn't happen again after that. And naturally my smoothie had been red so it stained the carpet. We scrubbed and scrubbed with spot shot and couldn't get it out so my beautiful carpet has a bright red stain on it until I can afford a better stain remover. I'm still really upset about it this morning.

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
September 13th, 2011, 06:52 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
awww... Poor baby! I'm so sorry. I gag when I cough and it's a crap shoot whether or not I'll throw up. I found that out when I didn't make it one night too. I hope your husband was sweet about it and that you won't feel bad about it too much longer. I'm sure if you could have made it, you would have!

September 13th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Thank you! He was really sweet and he doesn't want me to feel bad, but I do. And yes, I definitely would have if I could have!! Haha.

September 13th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
aw! I felt embarresed for you, Im sorry! Pregnancy is just so glamorous!
September 13th, 2011, 07:54 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
oh no!! i always run to the nearest available area...scratch that toilet business, if the outside is closer or the kitchen sink, trash can, whatever is closer, i puke whever i need to! lol I'm sorry you puked on your pretty carpet...wish i had a remedy for red stains...spot shot has always worked awesome for me. Just make sure if you use another cleaner that you rinse that spot well...otherwise the cleaners may interact making the stain worse like my husband did with coffee in our living room a couple of weeks ago.

Poor thing...

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 13th, 2011, 07:57 AM
hoping4more
oh I'm so sorry! I had a similar situation with my second. I was changing my son's dirty diaper, and it made me so sick! I had to run across the house holding my naked 8 month old in my arms. I put him on the floor and almost made it to the bathroom. I threw up all over the bathroom floor. Hubby luckily came home real quick to grab something, and stayed and cleaned up everything for me.

It's nice to have such caring hubbies. I also have carpet in my bedroom, and while no one has yet to throw up on it, my water did break all over it with my first, and my kids spilled red juice, an entire bottle all over it in one spot. The stains are all still there. sigh.
September 13th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Im so sorry! I hope u find something to get the stain out!!
September 13th, 2011, 08:08 AM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Popping in from the Jan DDC, one of my kids poured strawberry syrup on my carpet once and white vinegar took it out. I put a towel on top first to absorb as much as I could and then poured the vinegar on and used a soft bristle brush to scrub it. I rinsed and soaked it up and that part of the carpet was cleaner than the surrounding carpet. I would try it on a little spot first, and Good Luck!
September 13th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw, I'm sorry. Good to hear he was understanding.
September 13th, 2011, 02:42 PM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww, you poor thing. Of course it had to be a red smoothie, huh.

September 13th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
((HUGS)) getting sick like that sucks

Matt has cleaned some amazing things up for me when I am in the middle of my HG attacks but it is still always embarrassing
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

September 13th, 2011, 05:29 PM
ovramirez27's Avatar Super Mommy
Awwww hun it's ok it happens, hubby is there for support don't be embarrassed. sometimes it gets triggered in late pregnancy, I was puking my guts out before my u/s this past saturday and I have no clue why...lol. I hope you feel better..

September 13th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Bella11356's Avatar Super Mommy
I did this at work! I'm a waitress and I was taking a order at a table and just started choking! I knew throwing up was next and I just covered my mouth and walked away from the table. I did make it to the bathroom but only the sink...my boyfriend went to my table and apologized and explained. So they were ok but I was mortified! It was clear I had gotten sick, my face was all flushed and my eyes teary.

Than one morning we were eating breakfast at home, and about half way through I knew I was going to be sick and didn't have time to make it to the bathroom...I threw up on my plate, right in front of him. Needless to say he was done eating, and he was sympathetic like why didn't you stop eating! I started crying and explained at this point in was so tired of barely eating and throwing up...I just wanted a whole meal!!

So it happens to all of us in some shape or form! I still carry water with me everywhere to try to prevent the coughing/gagging thing.

September 14th, 2011, 03:54 AM
mommys munchkin's Avatar Veteran
Nowam scared of having a smoothie. Am really tempted. But it .will have to wait
So sorry hun about your carpet and all . You are not alone hun. Hugs.
September 14th, 2011, 04:23 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry that happened! I was going to recommend vinegar or lemon juice to take the stains out. Anytime I have a red stain on clothes, I've used lemon juice.
September 14th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Thanks y'all! I do feel better now. I'm going to try the vinegar!! Y'all are so wonderful.

September 14th, 2011, 06:09 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did that last week too AND caused my pregnant cleaning lady to throw up right along with me! LOL.

I do want to mention, if the solutions mentioned above don't work, Stanley Steamer has removed dried red wine from my carpet before. Definitely cheaper then a new room of carpet.

Good luck.

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Second Anatomy Scan 9/19, Next Appointment 10/1

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search