What is your favorite time of year?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
And why? Do you like Christmas or the 4th, New Years or Valentine's? What is your favorite holiday?
September 14th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Anytime it isn't 100+ frickin degrees outside. Sorry, I'm a little bitter since every day in august for us was over 100 degrees. And it is still hitting triple digits. Ugh.

Anyway, I really enjoy springtime when things start to bloom. If I lived somewhere where the leaves turned I would probably really like fall too. Winter is nice too with all the coziness inside. Aaannnnnyyyything but summer.

Fav holiday... I don't know. I like them all.

Wow way to give definitive answers there Krista.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
September 14th, 2011, 01:14 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
Halloween over-all.

Christmas, but only if I can go home to my family. If I'm stuck up north with DH's family, it's pretty sad and empty. They only see each other on holidays, so they aren't really that close & the food is just awful and no one really exchanges any presents. No decorations, nothing. DH and I always wind up falling asleep on the couch because it's just so miserable.

September 14th, 2011, 01:29 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Summer time!... our Christmas holiday We don't have a stinkin hot Summer so it is just perfect. Can't WAIT

September 14th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love Christmas time! I love the smells and the decorations, all the food and family time. Spring is fun too, but mostly because of my mom's, my, and my sister's birthdays!

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
September 14th, 2011, 01:53 PM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
I LOVE LOVE LOVE October because its my birthday. Also thats when the leaves are orange, and red and yellow at home. There is that crisp chill in the air that i love and i also love hay rides, pumpkin picking, and apple cider. THEN there is my obsession with christmas. I love christmas and I am so excited for next christmas with my little guy!!!!

September 14th, 2011, 02:02 PM
jennybunny82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hands down... Thanksgiving!!! I love all the food and my entire family gets together and it's so much fun and chaos. Nothing beats it.

September 14th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by *krista* View Post
Anytime it isn't 100+ frickin degrees outside. Sorry, I'm a little bitter since every day in august for us was over 100 degrees. And it is still hitting triple digits. Ugh.

Anyway, I really enjoy springtime when things start to bloom. If I lived somewhere where the leaves turned I would probably really like fall too. Winter is nice too with all the coziness inside. Aaannnnnyyyything but summer.

Fav holiday... I don't know. I like them all.

Wow way to give definitive answers there Krista.
I'm at the highest point in Louisiana. Just as hot as the rest of the state, but all the rain misses us! So I can relate. lol It was overcast and windy today, and it still felt like 100 degrees!
September 14th, 2011, 03:47 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I love Christmas. My family always had a lot of traditions and events that they took part in. I couldn't go home for Christmas last year because I was due on New Years. It was sad and I cried off and on all day about everyone being together at my mom's house without me. This year I get to go!!!

September 14th, 2011, 03:53 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
I love fall and Thanksgiving. My parents have Thanksgiving at their house, and my whole family is there, which means about 40 people. We all go around the table before dinner and say what we're thankful for that year. It's also the day we got engaged. It's my favorite day of the year.
September 14th, 2011, 05:48 PM
ovramirez27's Avatar Super Mommy
Christmas and Halloween..

September 14th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Mom2EthanAndJett's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Fall and Christmas!! It's supposed to be 63 tomorrow and after being in the 90s all summer I am so excited for this!!

September 14th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~3Blue&1Pink~ View Post
Fall and Christmas!! It's supposed to be 63 tomorrow and after being in the 90s all summer I am so excited for this!!
Jealous! We might get some upper 80's. I am just hoping for some more rain to help my Spider Lillies grow!
September 14th, 2011, 08:36 PM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorite cause our whole family gets together we have 31 people this year for the holidays normally only 28 but we gained a couple since last year. lol Even my grandpa comes with his wife and my kids love thier 95 year old great grandpa. I like it best when we have a warm winter like when it doesn't get colder then 75 is always best. I don't like the cold but love the holidays.

September 15th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Super Mommy
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter. My entire family gets together. We're talking Grandma, her kids (my mom and her siblings), their kids (me and my first cousins) and now our kids. It is such a great time. We usually spend the first half of the day with my family and then head back to our house (about 1/4 mile away) and prepare to host DH's whole family for the evening festivities. Its a mad crazy day trying to enjoy the first half, then rush home to prepare a meal for the second have but I wouldn't have it any other way! I start getting excited every year about this time b/c its getting colder and I know it's coming.

Coming soon...... Linkin Archer
September 15th, 2011, 11:43 AM
jen44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanksgiving!

Chloe - 6/18/09
Eli - 2/13/12
September 15th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Christmas is my favorite, but not out here. DHs family is a joke. They don't do anything really fun and familyish like my family does. But my family is 1000 miles away. I think I would like christmas even better if I lived in Florida or in the Bahamas lol somewhere that isn't 40 degrees today....cuz yeah its 40 here, wishing our stove was installed im gonna have to get hubby to get, moving on it....anyways since im rambling, I love christmas cuz everyone is nice and caring to each other even if its fake its still enjoyable haha
September 15th, 2011, 08:38 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i love spring and summer, and my favourite holidays are halloween and neew years. i don't care much for any of the others.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

September 15th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm torn between fall and spring as my favorite seasons. DH and I got married in the fall because we both love the colors and it smells amazing outside! But I love all the new flowers and the trees that bloom in the spring time. I don't really have a favorite holiday, though that might change now that dd is old enough to start really enjoying herself during the holidays.....maybe we should re-ask this question next year!!!

September 18th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
October through December...I love fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, the first snowfall...love, love, love this time of year.

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search