Anyone else not getting a crib?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Am I the odd one out? I can't count how many times DD got her legs caught in hers even with the bumper pad. I have a pack n play this time that I will start using when the new baby is around 4 months. Moses basket till then or as long as possible. When Baby is around 18 months, I was going to buy a toddler mattress for him or her.

Had to get rid of DD's toddler bed because that thing was used more for climbing than sleeping! lol She has a tent that her bed is in now, and she loves it.

If anything I will miss the super cute bedding that goes with cribs.
September 16th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not. I went with a pnp. Price is right, and it's easily movable, and easily stored after it's no longer needed. I have to admit all the crib bedding is adorable, but I wont really miss it.
September 16th, 2011, 10:43 AM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
We ran out and bought a crib the day we found out we were pregnant... but TBH, if I didn't already have one, I wouldn't buy one now.

It was a poor investment for us because I really doubt we will actually use it as a toddler bed... if my husband had used the words "racecar bed" at any point on that shopping trip, we'd have come home with a bassinet instead. haha

September 16th, 2011, 11:13 AM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
I have always used a crib and never had any issues with bumper pads or legs getting stuck. I just don't go all out on crib sets due to mine 2 for 2 so far are out of the crib by 1 and into a toddler bed. I have the same crib that someone used with their last few babies. Parts of it got recalled but I've never had any issues I'm not going out and buy an outrageously price crib for something my child will probably not sleep in more than a year. But to each is their own I still know people how have children at 3-4 still sleeping in them. Just not my cup of tea.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
September 16th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Veteran
Probably not. We have a nice pnp that includes a bassinette, and we are very short on space, so we'll probably just use that.
September 16th, 2011, 11:59 AM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I have the crib my son was in and am tempted to buy a new one for this baby with the conversion kit so that it can be used until he decides to buy his own bed My son was in his crib as a toddler bed until 3 then moved to a twin. Part of me buying a new crib depends on if I get out of this apartment and into a 3 bedroom so the boys can have separate rooms if not I will be getting bunk beds instead.

September 16th, 2011, 12:03 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
pretty sure we won't. We have one that converts into a toddler bed and then full size bed, for our son, but he's almost a year and still sleeping in the pack n play. I'm tempted to just buy a 2nd pnp! haha In reality we need to kick tyler out and have him in his room and have the baby in the pnp in our room...that's the plan. So we have 5 more months to get him moved!! lol

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 16th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Super Mommy
We are going PNP this time. With the other 2 they both had a crib but we have since gotten rid of it and I don't feel like spending the money on another one, plus the room of it, and storing it afterwards. The other 2 kids went to twin beds on their 2nd birthday and we already have an extra one of those so until then (if not before) we'll do a PNP. We did upgrade on our PNP though. We had a very basic one with the other 2 and I figured it'd be nice to have a second one to have for travel and one that is always set up at home. This is the one we ended up getting Baby Trend Nursery Center Playard - Walmart.com just this week actually.

September 16th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Super Mommy
I haven't decided. We never had a pack n play with DD so I don't really know much about them. I am concerned about comfort. Do they have much padding like a crib mattress would?

September 16th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Coby Jaylen Aubriya mom
we're doing a pnp this time, the crib i had for my boys is long gone, and i dont want to spend all that money on something she'll use for less than 2 years. The pnp we bought has a bassinet on it, plus we bought a bassinet to keep in our living room area
September 17th, 2011, 02:57 AM
katiebug02's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No crib here. We cosleep and have a PNP and bassinet for naps during the day and occasionally at night.

Proud Mommy of Eric(11), Caitlyn(9), Aidan(6), Mason(3) and Eliana(2/21/2012)
September 17th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by eandbabymama View Post
I haven't decided. We never had a pack n play with DD so I don't really know much about them. I am concerned about comfort. Do they have much padding like a crib mattress would?

The newer ons have a thicker padding on them. Also you can buy padded pack and play sheets for $20 or so from BRU.

September 17th, 2011, 11:33 AM
~Mindy~'s Avatar Full hands...Full ❤
We're going with a pack and play and a bassinet too. We mostly co-sleep for the first 2-3 years. So for us a crib isn't worth the extra expense or the space it would take up.

Mindy ~ Mom to Dharma ~11
Leilani ~9
Dylan ~ 6
Malachi ~3
Delilah ~5 months

September 17th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaAsh View Post
The newer ons have a thicker padding on them. Also you can buy padded pack and play sheets for $20 or so from BRU.
Thanks for the info! I'll have to check them out a little more.

September 17th, 2011, 01:12 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i am a co-sleeper, so no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebug02 View Post
No crib here. We cosleep and have a PNP and bassinet for naps during the day and occasionally at night.
yay! another co-sleeper!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

September 17th, 2011, 01:29 PM
LShumate1010's Avatar Super Mommy
Im not. Im gonna co sleep with a pack and play the first 6-9 months. Then when we move to a bigger place and ween baby off the boob he will get a crib.
September 17th, 2011, 01:52 PM
mommy2kenzie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will be re-using DD's crib for this baby. It most likely won't be used for the first 3 months or so. We will use a bassinet in our room too. But we won't be going all out on the crib bedding, if it's a boy, we will just buy some crib sheets, blankets and a new mobile.

siggy by Jaidynsmum
September 17th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Super Mommy
We are just going to reuse dd crib, dd will still be in it when her little sister gets here so we will be using a pnp until dd is about 16 months maybe a little longer
September 17th, 2011, 11:37 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Ethan has been in a pnp since day 1 and he still is at 15 months old. We got a second pnp for baby Jett! No cribs here and I love it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search