Anyone been induced then later go into labor?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2011, 08:47 AM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
I am just curious if anyone was induced then another pregnancy go into labor and if so did it go quicker then when you were induced? With both of my boys I was induced first bc of high bp then the second time was bc of where his head was but with my second I was going into labor shortly after I got to l&d and got checked in...this time I'm so nervous to go on my own just bc I live 45minutes away from the hospital and dh works almost an hour away then my family are all 45 minutes away and I'm so scares I'll go I to labor and have to drive myself plus have the boys with me my first labor start to finish was 5 hours and then my second was 4 hours I know it's a ways away but I stress over it lol but whoknows I may have to be induced this time too, but I think about this happening a lot and it scares me haha

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 17th, 2011, 09:46 AM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm no help because I was induced with all 3 of mine. I can't imagine going into labor on my own!
September 17th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
I went into labor with my 1st and was induced with with my 2nd, they both lasted about 5-6 hours
September 17th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i went into labor with my 1st was 8cm when i got to the hospital and in labor for total of 3 hours start to finish

with my 2nd i was induced and was 4cm when i went in total was 4.5 hours start to finish ( I went to 5cm to 10cm baby coming out within 5 mins )

so i have fast labors either way so i am scared also that one of these times i may not make it to the hoptial lol

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 17th, 2011, 12:33 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i have no experience in this, cos i always go early on my own, but i'm curious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNiSe View Post
i went into labor with my 1st was 8cm when i got to the hospital and in labor for total of 3 hours start to finish

with my 2nd i was induced and was 4cm when i went in total was 4.5 hours start to finish ( I went to 5cm to 10cm baby coming out within 5 mins )

so i have fast labors either way so i am scared also that one of these times i may not make it to the hoptial lol
i am a might-not-make-it type too. first was 2 hrs, 22 min. second was like 31 min. third was 2, 27 min. how this one will go, idk.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

September 17th, 2011, 12:46 PM
hoping4more
i wan not induced with any of mine. mine are about 9 hours though. i would have to say that the first 3-4 hours in soft labor though. i have contax every 2 min reg but its not all that bad. i go to the hospt. around that time and usually give birth about 4 hours later. my hospt is 45 min away also. i would try not to worry. i think you have a good idea of where you are at and if you have a plan of who is going to watch the kiddos you can get to the hospt at the appropriate time. i know even though i contact every 2 min right away that i have some time to kill. you know you have shorter labors so you should be able to plan well.
September 17th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I'm worried about this, too. I was induced with DD because of blood pressure problems so I don't know what my real "time" is for labor. Maybe it's really short. I went from 4 to 10 in under an hour on pitocin. My hospital right now is an hour away. My doctor told me I'd probably be induced a week early. I personally don't mind. I am already sick of being pregnant! lol
September 17th, 2011, 09:03 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
oh wow!!! You girls have some fast labors!!

I was induced with tyler, had my membranes stripped that day in dr's office and sent to hospital to do cervadil that night...ended up going into labor from the cervadil and had it removed after just a few hours and had epi put in so i could relax. slept til about 6am checked me and i was a 4...my son was born at 8:37am so i had a pretty short active labor. I"m curious to see what happens this time. I was induced with him b/c of BP issues and so far i've been lucky this time!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 17th, 2011, 10:45 PM
katiebug02's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went into labor on my own once and was induced the last three times. My inductions were shorter but I'm not sure if it was because I had already had a baby or if was the inducement. My first was 13 hours and my other 3 were about 8-9 hours. I was kind of induced with my first. I got to the hospital and was already 5cm and completely effaced and they still started pitocin as soon as I got there? Not sure why. I do know the pitocin made my contractions considerably more painful.

I sat home in labor for 5 hours with my first and did not even realize it. I just felt like I needed to go #2 and kept sitting on the toilet every few minutes trying to go. lol! I decided to go in to the dr and see what was happening and I was already halfway through. I'm really hoping to go on my own this time and it's really my only wish as far as the birth goes. I think it will be easier.

Proud Mommy of Eric(11), Caitlyn(9), Aidan(6), Mason(3) and Eliana(2/21/2012)
September 18th, 2011, 11:34 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensma View Post
oh wow!!! You girls have some fast labors!!
it was a nice surprise but i don't know if i will make it to the hospital.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

September 18th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was induced with my second. All my natural labors have been about the same length 12-18 hours, except my first born that was over 24 hrs. My induction was actually 12 hours too. So I'm not really any help. My labors seem to just really drag no matter what they do.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search