CDing Moms

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2011, 12:38 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is for both BTDT moms and new ones. Did you use just one type of brand for your previous babies? New moms, are you buying just one or a few different types? I've bought about three different types so far to see which ones we're going to stick with. I've invested mostly in the Gdiapers but I have stuff from others that we can double up with incase there's a leakage issue. I have a few Fuzzibunz AIO and then I have two or three covers that I'm going to use prefolds with. I'm done with buying newborn sizes since not all babies even use these, but I have enough just incase. I'm starting to really stock up on Smalls for the time being. What else should I think about when stocking up on CDs?
September 18th, 2011, 08:23 AM
ovramirez27's Avatar Super Mommy
It sounds as if you have a good stock going, I was wondering the same thing, I bought some at a local store but I'm not sure what to look for as far as quality. I want to invest in a good brand but I just don't know which one and what i need to get?

September 18th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Cloth wipes and wipes solution is great, and do u have any pocket diapers? I started out with atleast 1 of every kind of diaper out there and I ended up LOVING my pockets. (They were fuzzibunz pockets) my issue with AIOs is that they awhile to dry. With ur prefolds, ru going to use pins or did u get a y strap?? I can't think of the official name for it lmao but I call it a strap. I used pins for when I was taking pics or getting pics done, but used my Y for everyday use, much much faster.
September 18th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well you definitely need to find the laundry soap you are going to use for them. I personally love Seventh Generation dish soap. Yep, the dish soap. I tried it one time for stripping my diapers and it was lovely. I have no plans to buy many newborn/small diapers. I'm just going to use disposables for the first month or two. Then move on to my stash. I think it's great to try different type diapers. Mostly I have GroVia's and prefolds and some Bottombumpers. I prefer organic cloth and try and support American made stuff, like Bottombumpers. I'm not even sure how many I have. I just made whatever work and washed more when I needed too. Ummm, not exactly sure what else you want to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemykiddos! View Post
Cloth wipes and wipes solution is great, and do u have any pocket diapers? I started out with atleast 1 of every kind of diaper out there and I ended up LOVING my pockets. (They were fuzzibunz pockets) my issue with AIOs is that they awhile to dry. With ur prefolds, ru going to use pins or did u get a y strap?? I can't think of the official name for it lmao but I call it a strap. I used pins for when I was taking pics or getting pics done, but used my Y for everyday use, much much faster.
Snappi's

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
September 18th, 2011, 08:32 AM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been researching this a lot too Of course, I haven't had a chance to try any out yet, but I've heard great things about Kawaii diapers. They're a lot less expensive and people seem to love them.

Also, I found a lot of people prefer to use prefolds and covers when the babies are little because the all-in-ones don't quite fit well enough until they're a couple of months. So I think that's my plan for now... prefolds/covers to start and all-in-ones when he/she is big enough.

I'm so excited!
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
September 18th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I have both snappi's and pins on order right now. I'm still researching soaps to use. And here's a dumb one, are any of the CDs allowed to go in the dryer or do all of them have to be hung up?

Oh, and I just checked and my fuzzibunz are the pocket ones, I just ordered one AIO that hasn't gotten here yet so well see which one wins lol.
September 18th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Bella11356's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm going to use only Gdiapers unless we have lots of problems with them for some reason. I don't plan on buying the newborn set,I will just use disposable until the baby is big enough for the small gdiapers. I will use the newborn set if someone buys itnfor me, I registered for it. Cloth diapers and bottles are pretty much my whole registry. I don't want people to buy me clothes are stuff...

September 18th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got a gdiapers newborn kit. I mostly went with brand because they have good reviews, and there is an eco friendly disposable option. I'll be on my own with the newborn, and I was worried about being able to do laundry in the first week. I live in an apartment, so the laundry is not in my home but rather around the building. For gdiapers people say to use GMD orange prefolds, as the gdiaper cloth ones tend to shrink too much and not work as well.

If I like them I'll get the next size up. We'll see
September 18th, 2011, 12:09 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I LOVE my Kawaii and Gogreen Champ diapers. The Kawaii diapers have cost me an average of 8 dollars a piece and do just as good a job as the more expensive ones. Plus, I can get cute prints without spending 20 dollars a diaper. The Gogreen Champs are about 13-15 dollars a piece, but they have 2 pocket slits so that the insert agitates itself out and I don't have to touch it. When I order a few more diapers, those will probably be the brand I choose. I also love Rumaprooz, but they are way too expensive so I have 2 that I got for free that I use for over night.

I just finished buying my newborn stash. I have a few lil joey AIOs and a bunch of fitteds and covers.

Also, if you have more diapers to purchase, look for sites that offer rewards programs. Jackbenatural offers 1 dollar credit for every 15 you spend and since most of my orders have been well over 60 dollars, it's added up fast. You can use the reward dollars on the next purchase or save them for a while. Kelly's Closet often offers a code to get a free diaper with a minimum purchase. I've gotten probably 4 or 5 diapers that way and that can add up quickly too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneeleigh View Post
And here's a dumb one, are any of the CDs allowed to go in the dryer or do all of them have to be hung up?
Not a dumb question at all. You can dry them in the dryer, but if you dry them that way every time they will wear much faster that way. I was told to dry them in the dryer when prepping them to help seal the holes where the thread attaches the waterproof layer (PUL) to the other fabrics. Not sure if it's necessary, but I do. I also dry them about 1 a month in the dryer for that reason. If you line dry your inserts and covers, you can always throw them in your dryer on a fluff cycle so they won't be crunchy and rough on the baby's bum. I let them fluff for 5 minutes and they're all soft again. When it rains, I often hang them to dry in the bathroom, so even bad weather doesn't stop me from line drying them!

September 18th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I tend to use one main brand. You will always have a favorite and then a backup. If there is one thing I've learned the hard way, it is don't buy a whole stash of one brand without trying it out first. I've done that several times and wasted a lot of money.

I've bought prefolds and covers (thirsties I think) which didn't last long at all. Although a good prefold has a lot of uses -- wonderful doubler, we use then all the time as a soaker pad on top of a waterproof pad as a portable changing station, and they make great around the house rags.

Then came Grovia -- great quality, but ran very small. Charlotte grew out of their one size way early -- like 6 or 7 months old I want to say. And they wore out quickly. They were also on the bulky side and the pads tend to bunch up.

Then came best bottoms. Not a fan. They had no give, were bulky, and seemed uncomfortable.

Then there were bumgenius. Great diaper. Stretchy and comfortable, not bulky. Very durable (get snaps if you want durability -- this goes for any diaper). The only reason we aren't still using them is Charlotte was getting close to outgrowths them (she's a big girl though) and dh ruined the elastic in the legs when the other day when out washing machine broke and he had to hand wash them.

I bought two diapers to sample. One bright star baby which came highly recommended to me by lots of CDing mommies I know, and one bumgenius aio (we were using their ai2 before). I haven't used either yet. I have received the bright star baby one and it is the trimmest diaper I have ever seen. I mean really trim. And soft. Don't know how it performs yet.

I hate to say it but I have heard bad things about gdiapers. I've never used them, but I've heard they are overpriced, leaky, and not durable at all.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
September 18th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Yay snappis. Lol thanks! I blame the mommy brain!

I have heard both good and bad about gdiapers, I think its one of those u either love it or hate it.....
September 18th, 2011, 03:37 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm looking into cloth diapering and am going to purchase from Welcome to JustSimplyBaby - Simply Perfect. Naturally Good. I also am getting some handmade too. Monster Fluff Diapers she does marine design diapers from the shirts. She also is starting to sell brands that are easy to find. You can look her up on FB too.

I have a question: if you have a button on your dryer for line dry, can I cheat and put my diapers in my dryer for line dry purposes?
September 18th, 2011, 03:46 PM
U can try the line dry button, the thing with the dryer is the heat melts the pul that's y dryers wears them out fast
September 18th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was thinking of trying econobums due to my lack of ability to line day. They're pretty cheap so not a big deal if they need to be replaced. People don't seem to have anything terrible to say about them, but they really do look cheaply made.
September 18th, 2011, 04:15 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemykiddos! View Post
U can try the line dry button, the thing with the dryer is the heat melts the pul that's y dryers wears them out fast
ok thanks!
September 18th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Super Mommy
I only ever used and will continue to use pocket diapers. I buy them because they go from 8-40lbs and there is no need to buy sizes.

Brands I use are:

Kawaii - great and affordable for SURE. Cute styles. Kawaii Baby Diapers - Eco-friendly Cloth Diaper Solution

TenderTushies - are also affordable and my favorite, seriously! Tender Tushies

Sunbaby Diapers - they fit smaller but work great none the less. They also come in MANY styles and are affordable at only $6.00 (includes shipping) a diaper. They are #2 on my list.

I won't cloth diaper until after a week or two - at least until the cord falls off and the meconium is gone.

and I meant to add, you can put them in the dryer on low heat. If you have a nice warm sunny day, then hang them in you can. I personally am too lazy so I always use the dryer! LOL

September 18th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah my dh is the one who washes our diapers and I can't get it through his head to not put the covers in the dryer. Well he has been doing this to our bumgenius covers for months now on high heat and they are still good as new.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
September 18th, 2011, 11:39 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
So far mostly I have FuzziBunz One Size, its what my friend uses and they are awesome. The thing I worry about with them is knowing that Nathaniel was skinny I kind of expect this baby to be skinny as well and worry that they won't fit right. I also have Grovia newborn AIO and FuzziBunz perfect fit in extra small that were free. I have 1 Kawaii One Size but I don't really like how it feels but it was a free one so oh well maybe I will sell it. I am thinking of buying some Lil Joey newborns because they seem easiest with cord care.

I order from Kelly's Diapers because they have the diaper dollars to earn gift cards and often have coupons for a certain amount off or free diapers. This weekend they had double diaper dollars so I placed a huge order and now have a gift card to spend.

I am wondering what everyone uses for storing dirty diapers I ordered hanging wet bags for daycare and maybe home but was thinking that at home maybe a bin/bucket would be better.

September 19th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Gdiapers have these disposable liners that I'll definitely use the first two weeks or so until the meconium is gone. Thanks for the advice ladies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search