Anterior Placentas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sooo...for a few weeks now, I have been slightly worried, because I wasn't feeling this little belly baby move nearly as much as my first two. I started regularly feeling Holden around 16 weeks, about the same with La. It turns out that my placenta is anterior (on the front) this time, which is why I don't feel little man's kicks as much as I would like, yet. I do feel him, and sometimes a lot, but it is not a regular pattern or very strong, yet. I can't wait until he is a bit stronger, as I find baby's movement to be so reassuring. Even just a couple days after seeing him doing just great on the ultrasound, I am feeling a bit anxious. And here I thought I would worry less the third time around...

Any one else in a similar situation?

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

September 18th, 2011, 06:14 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
Someone was talking about this a few days ago...how did you find out? I'm wondering if I have the same thing, haven't felt any movement and I'm almost 18 weeks.
September 18th, 2011, 06:23 PM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
I had one with ds1, and it took forever to feel him lol and then I only felt him on the sides but that's where he loved to hang out, so when I started feeling ds2 in the front I was like what is this haha I'm wondering about it this time, I found out by ultrasound they told me

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 18th, 2011, 06:28 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine is also anterior. I have felt a couple small bumps but not anything consistent or strong. Mine was also identified on ultrasound.

Tiffany
September 18th, 2011, 06:43 PM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
This is my 4th baby and I've yet to feel a lot of movement. I'm now 17 weeks. I feel a few bumps when I lie down at night that's it. The tech told me at my 1st ultrasound that mine was anterior. This is the first for me.
September 18th, 2011, 07:29 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
What you're describing is exactly what I'm experiencing with my anterior placenta!
I feel things, but rarely strong or regular.
Apparently around 22 weeks, when they start to run out of room in the uterus, the movements get significantly stronger?
I wouldn't know, personally, but that's what I have been told by others who've had anterior placentas

Starting a clomid journey!
September 18th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had this with two of my pregnancies and didn't feel the babies until 20+ weeks, that included the twin pregnancy. I don't know if I have an anterior one this time, but I bet I do since I still haven't really felt the baby move and I'm 18+ weeks.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
September 18th, 2011, 11:51 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I found out last week at my u/s that mine was anterior as well. I'm not feeling much really, just some sort of "movement" going on in there.
September 19th, 2011, 11:18 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i had it with my first...i've been feeling this one but down really low and not as much here recently it seems like.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 19th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also found out during the ultrasound. Thanks for all the input, ladues. Guess I will try not to worry about it so much and hope for bigger movements soon. It is such a tease when he gets into good spot and gives some nice, noticeable kicks, then back to squirmy feelings or nothing for days.

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

September 19th, 2011, 11:37 AM
armymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had it with DS, and while I felt him stronger/more consistently later on, I never did really get those awkward rib jabs and uncomfortable movements that everyone talks about later on, which was really nice for me lol. I do hope this baby isn't anterior again though... I'd like to REALLY feel it this time so I'm not worrying as much.
September 20th, 2011, 02:15 PM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still wondering if I have one as well this time around. I only started really feeling about two days ago - I'm 20 weeks along now. I don't have my u/s until next month, so I'm anxious to see if this is in fact the issue. Makes me super nervous because I don't feel a lot of movement.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search