Middle of the night snacking

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2011, 12:57 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
The worst part about getting up several times a night to go to the bathroom is when you can't go back to sleep because you're so hungry you feel like your stomach is going to eat itself. What the?? Didn't I eat right before I went to bed? So here I am at 3:45am eating pepperonis, cheese and garlic and Parmesan pretzel chips. This is out of hand...

Anyone else getting up to eat?

September 19th, 2011, 01:12 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had this issue yet. I'm usually so tired when I finally get to go to bed, I only wake up to pee or take the dog out and I fall right back to sleep.
September 19th, 2011, 01:20 AM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
some nights I am like this! usually I just scoff a plain piece of bread because if I turn lights on and open my eyes too wide I would NEVER get back to sleep.

When breastfeeding I found this a MAJOR issue. Id actually take whole meals to bed and put on my side table to eat when I woke up to feed! hahaha Bananas are fabulous tummy fillers and reasonably healthy.

September 19th, 2011, 03:16 AM
Veteran
Yes! I hate randomly eating while sleeping but know I will just be worse off if I don't....
September 19th, 2011, 03:19 AM
mommys munchkin's Avatar Veteran
I f I had prepared some yummy dinner, I wont be able to resist the left over. Ill have to wake up for it. O f which Ill later throw up if I'm unable to sleep.
September 19th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i normally have to have a snack in bed around 11ish which i hate ugh but am so hungry but havent had that middle of the night snack yet

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 19th, 2011, 05:09 AM
jlg123's Avatar Ecstatic mommy-to-be
This is me every night. I need to eat otherwise I wake up sooo nauseous and I'll throw up. It's getting a little better now bc before it used to be twice a night.
September 19th, 2011, 05:52 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
I was up at the same time as you, starving, but somehow force myself to go back to sleep. DH couldn't sleep and went downstairs and I almost asked him to bring me a snack, but I controlled myself.
September 19th, 2011, 05:57 AM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
I was like this in the beginning. it was crazy. I would wake up with my stomach growling so LOUD. I would have to get up and eat something to go back to sleep. It's a little better now only because the hunger has been taken over by complete exhaustion.
September 19th, 2011, 06:00 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
Baby is usually hungry between 3-5ish in the morning. I get a nutrigrain bar and bring it upstairs, but thats totally not cutting it anymore.

September 19th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Veteran
This was worse for me in the first trimester. When it does happen, I'll usually be able to get back to sleep after a big glass of milk. I hate making it more of a production than that, and can't get back to sleep if I do too much more.
September 19th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I get the stomach eating itself feeling a lot because of my HG and it is horrible, I always have to have something in my belly so I am eating small things all the time
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

September 19th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
I haven't had that problem yet, but then I have been almost forcing myself to eat lately cuz nothing sounds tasty
September 19th, 2011, 09:01 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had this for the first time last night. Just couldn't go to sleep. Ended up eating a snack/dinner and then my legs were restless. Streched those out for about 30 minutes then was relaxed enough to go to sleep. Hope this night eating doesn't happen regularly.
September 19th, 2011, 01:27 PM
armymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thankfully most nights I haven't been waking up much, but it has happened a couple times. I try to just suck it up and fall back asleep to wait until breakfast, but if I can't I grab a granola bar. My weight gain last pregnancy was RIDICULOUS and I really want to keep it better in check this time because I gain weight easily.
September 19th, 2011, 01:30 PM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
Every few weeks I go through this, and I feel like it's probably when the baby has a growth spurt. It makes me crazy, because I really value my sleep!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search