High blood pressure.. Any one else?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2011, 01:51 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
Yesterday, I had my first midwife appointment where of course, she took my blood pressure.
I know enough about blood pressures to know what is low, normal and high.
She made one comment and no other and said "A bit high.." after taking it. Then left it at that. When I was going over my medical forms, I read what my blood pressure was.
150/80.
That is the highest my blood pressure has ever been.
A normal blood pressure would be 110/70, A stage one high blood pressure would be 150/95.

So as you can see, from mine, it's coming dangerously close to being considered stage one high blood pressure.

I also found, whilst researching, that high blood pressure can be due to pregnancy, but very rarely before the end of term will it affect mothers.

Just wondering if any one else has or has had high blood pressure by the 20 week mark of pregnancy? What did you do and were your docs/midwives/OB's concerned?

Starting a clomid journey!
September 19th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I did with DD. They were concerned when I started to also have protein in my urine. I carried to term, but was delivered slightly early because it was becoming preeclampsia.

I was told to lay off the salt, but since I was so sick, salt was making my tummy feel good. =P
September 19th, 2011, 02:53 PM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
I've had high blood pressure and preeclampsia in 2 of my 3 pregnancies. In my second pregnancy, they just went ahead and delivered me at 37 weeks, no fuss. In my last pregnancy, the doctor's office apparantly didn't know how to take a BP. I kept telling my doctor my BP was high and he didn't believe me. At 36 weeks it was so high that I was hospitalized and put on magniseum (sp?). They induced labor the next day and after a 72 hour epic labor, I finally delivered naturally. It was horrible. I had never had high BP other than pregnancy before that. However, after my last one I have been on BP meds ever since. I was already on BP meds when i found out I was pregnant this time and so far they have left me on them. I'm hoping for a better outcome this time.
September 19th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know that it is something they watch closely during pregnancy due to the connection to preeclampsia.

I generally have the opposite problem. My bp drops low during pregnancy. So I don't have any personal experience with it. I do remember my SIL having high blood pressure that was closely monitored during both of her pregnancies, though.

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

September 19th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Oh crap!

I might start looking in to a lot of this myself and see what I come up with.

I just spoke a family member, who is a doctor and his exact words were "At your age, being 24, with no prior history, it may be pregnancy related and it needs to be followed up asap". So now I am even more crapped off with my midwife for not following it up.

September 19th, 2011, 06:58 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Avoid the salty foods and load up on water for sure Ingrid! Did she let you sit for a while before taking it or offer to take it a little later? I always have them take it before they weigh me since my weight gets me a little upset and raises my bp.

September 19th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I went back today and it was still raised (a little higher), they made me wait an hour to see a doctor, where it was taken again and this time it was normal.. lol. The doctor thinks stress can cause it to go up some times, or I was a little too excited both times! haha.

September 19th, 2011, 07:42 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i had it with my son from the beginning. I was on medicine the whole time and had no problems. It was RIDICULOUS (like 170s/90s)...so far this baby has been good but i'm having to take the precautions anyway. I did a 24 hr urine catch last week and will do another when i get closer to the end. They're just going to keep an eye on me and hope for the best for now.

i was induced with tyler to avoid further complication at the end. He was born at 38w5d.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search