We have a ....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very modest baby We weren't planning to find out anyway but baby had his/her feet crossed and tucked up under their little rear end so I don't think we could have seen even if we wanted to. I am so glad that baby looks good, but I was very disappointed in our sonogram. We didn't get to see a profile shot or get any decent pictures at all. She printed out a full full face skeleton looking shot and the one she printed of the arm/hand you can't even tell what it is. This is our last baby and likely last sonogram and it was so hard to walk away not only not even getting a hint of what baby looks like. I'm sure I'm just being pregnant and hormonal but I was so excited to see this little one that I couldn't sleep last night so to have an awful sonogram experience was very disappointing.

September 20th, 2011, 11:11 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
awwww i'm so sorry!! I will say that the modest ones are usually girls! LOL But in all seriousness i'd be upset too Can you get an elective sonogram done just to get better pictures??

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 20th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Sounds disappointing id ask the dr if u can get another, a lot of DRs will "order" another one so its covered by insurance if u just ask
September 20th, 2011, 11:17 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Aw. I'm sorry all you got was a skeletor baby picture. On the other hand, you know he/she is ready for halloween? Glad to hear the baby is healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensma View Post
awwww i'm so sorry!! I will say that the modest ones are usually girls! LOL
Except for my Emily. She was mad at us for calling her a "he" all throughout my early pregnancy and every time they tried to get measurements, she rolled over and flashed her naughty bits. Eventually, she let them get all the measurements except for the hands and when the tech finally got the hands in sight she gasped and started giggling. She told us that Em was giving her the finger. Only my child...

September 20th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks so much for understanding. I am about the baby being ready for Halloween - so funny!

We may end up getting an elective one. I see a midwife and pay out of pocket for my ultrasounds. The sonographer that she usually uses is on disability leave and I think this woman just doesn't have the same personality. I'm sure she was good with the measurement, just nothing extra I looked online and I can get a really high resolution 2D ultrasound for $65. DH really wants to go get one done for our anniversary that is coming up.

September 20th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by feythful View Post
Aw. I'm sorry all you got was a skeletor baby picture. On the other hand, you know he/she is ready for halloween?
HAHA made my day. Sorry for your disappoinment, you really should ask for another!
September 20th, 2011, 11:36 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
awwww what a sweet dh!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 20th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope u r able to get another one

I think we are gonna do the 3d one around 30 weeks since weve never done one before

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 20th, 2011, 01:09 PM
ovramirez27's Avatar Super Mommy
aww sorry at least baby is good, maybe next time.

September 20th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Turns out my neighbor can do one for us I am so excited to have someone we know be able to do the scan. I know she will totally peek between the legs but she can keep a secret so thats okay with me!

September 20th, 2011, 05:15 PM
katiebug02's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for getting another ultrasound!!! I hope ours goes okay tomorrow. It seems like every time I get excited about something, it falls through. This is our last time and I just want everything to go perfect.

Proud Mommy of Eric(11), Caitlyn(9), Aidan(6), Mason(3) and Eliana(2/21/2012)
September 20th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw, I'm sorry you went through that. I'm sure that was awful. Good to hear you get a second shot though
September 20th, 2011, 07:01 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
Stinks that you're disappointed, but so glad to hear baby is healthy.
September 20th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My modest one was a boy. Sorry it didn't go well, but that's so cool about your neighbor. I bet you'll get awesome pictures next time.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
September 21st, 2011, 09:20 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
yay for a healthy baby!! but i'm sorry you didn't get good shots. i didn't either when i went in. i have at least one more u/s (this is my last baby as well), so i hope it's one where i get nice pictures... it IS quite disappointing when you don't get something you can really show off and show to baby someday
(i have my mom's ultrasound from before i was born).
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search