Pregnancy brain stories...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2011, 06:08 PM
LShumate1010's Avatar Super Mommy
So today I used the drive up atm...later in the day went out with a friend and my debit card was gone...I forgot it in the atm...I have the worst pregnancy brain. I called and shut the card down as soon as I noticed it gone. FAIL! It gets worse everyday, anyone have a good story?
September 20th, 2011, 06:45 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
Because my pregnancy brain makes me a little vague, I tend not to care about stupid matters as much any more, which is great.
Unless it's some thing I have to deal with, I won't bother putting any thought in to it. I am loving that side of pregnancy brain. On the other hand, I am sick of putting my tea bag in the cup of milk instead of my teacup hahahahaha!

Starting a clomid journey!
September 20th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I forget to pick up the dog's food nearly every night, and have to get out of bed and get it so the cat wont eat it.

I went to take out the trash a few days ago.. I brought the dog, the keys, and forgot the trash
September 20th, 2011, 07:50 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
This isn't really pregnancy brain, but I was out to dinner with a bunch of coworkers tonight, and I almost fell over in my chair! I was having a napkin throwing war with one of my coworkers, and I leaned back so far I almost fell backwards! Luckily I grabbed the chair next to me and caught myself. Go figure, the only one not drinking and I almost fall. LOL
September 20th, 2011, 08:36 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i do stupid stuff all of the time...a lot! but by far the worst was last week. I babysit my nephew so i have 2 babies all day. I put hudson down in the living room (just happened to have my 6 yr old niece also) and went to get tyler out of his high chair. Took his tray off, got his sippy cup and was putting it in the fridge when i heard a thud and him start crying. turn around and he's on the floor. I had COMPLETELY forgotten in TWO SECONDS that i had unbuckled him and he fell out of his high chair and onto our tile floor. I felt like the WORST mother at that moment. BAD BAD BAD pregnancy brain. I know i unbuckled him b/c i remember buckling him in, but not undoing it! UGH!!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 21st, 2011, 08:15 AM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
I forget everything lol dh and family make fun all the time! I could be mid sentence and be like well forget all that because I have no clue what I was just saying!! When I was pg with ds1 we did foster care and had two 2 year olds and a 7 week old and we all went to olive garden and a lady was saying how cute they were then asked their names, and I went blank I could not think of any of their names lol finally dh stepped in and told her I was so embarrassed ans the lady looked at me like I was crazy lol I forget important stuff when packing the diaper bag such as diapers and wipes lol I'll go into town for o e thing and get all the way back home to realize I fogrot it the other day went to use my debit card and forgot the pin! I sat there and had to hit cancel three times before I finally remembered lol

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 21st, 2011, 10:11 AM
~Mindy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've done lots of stupid things too. Like pouring a glass of milk for Dylan but forgetting to get the glass out of the cabinet and pouring milk all over the kitchen counter instead.

Isn't pregnancy brain fun? I read an article in Baby Talk that said women actually grow more brain cells shortly after giving birth. So we may be doing stupid things now, but we will all be a little smarter soon, lol!

September 21st, 2011, 10:19 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I had the worst pregnancy brain moment last pregnancy. I went to the craft store and when I came out, there was a car that was backed over the median and in the bushes. I thought "man, that person is going to be mad when they see their car." Then I saw my school parking tag and realized it was MY CAR. I had forgotten to put up the parking brake and had left it in neutral (two big no nos) and it had rolled up over the median and scraped down the side of a tree. Thank goodness it didn't hit any other cars or people! The tree was resting against the driver side door, so I couldn't get in and I was 8 months pregnant and couldn't climb over the gear box. I tried to call DH, but he had left his phone on silent in a back room while he napped in the front room.

After 2 hours of sitting next to my car humiliated, while people drove by pointing and staring (but of course, no one offered help) and 40 unanswered phone calls, emails and facebook messages to Jeff, my friend called and offered to go bang on the front door. Right as she was getting ready to leave to go to my house, he called and came out to help. As soon as he got out of the car, I thought he'd be mad but he saw my face and how embarrassed I was and just opened his arms as I fell in sobbing "I feel sooo STUPID!" He climbed in and over to the driver seat, got my car out and took me to McDonalds for a happy meal (which is a long standing tradition when I'm really upset about something). We never got the car fixed and he just washed it and popped out as many dents as possible. Every time I get out of the car and close my door, the dent and scratches remind me to double check that the car is in 1st gear and has the parking brake up. I haven't forgotten since then.

September 21st, 2011, 02:48 PM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
Lol i did that last week... my boyfriend is starting to get mad because i forget and loose stuff all the time.. i will be driving and zone out, and he will be like didnt you want to turn there.. its so frusterating

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search