Venting.....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Love my unborn son
Ok so yes we are pregnant that does not mean we are disabled. I'm tired of people telling me I can't go do this with them or I can't go there because I'm pregnant. So what I'm pregnant. That does not mean I'm disabled. Why do people seriously try to treat me that way. I am just like every other person out there I'm just doing something amazing and growing another person inside of me. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me because I am so young?

September 20th, 2011, 09:04 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have this problem. But if anyone asked me to do anything adventurous I'd probably turn them down anyway. hehe.

What kind of things do they say you can't do or participate in?

September 20th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Love my unborn son
Everything. I can't go to the bar and just hang out and can't go to the clubs with everyone. I can't go to Cedar Point (amusement park near me) for the haunted houses. I can't go to haunted houses. I mean its not like they are going rock climbing or anything. Maybe its just me being hormonal and single and starting to get cabin fever living with my mom.

September 20th, 2011, 09:49 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most people in my life are fine, except a few people. My mom treats me like I'm an invalid, but is afraid to step on my toes. She has started a bad habit, she'll say Lindsey (my sister who has a 15 month old) didn't do this, or Lindsey told me you shouldn't be doing that, instead of just coming out and saying she disagrees with me.

And my husband will try to wait on me hand and foot, which drives me crazy because he won't lift a finger doing any of the chores around the house. I can get my own water, or another serving of the dinner I made, how about you empty the dishwasher or throw a load of clothes in the washer? Sorry, this is the end of my little rant lol

Everyone else just asks how I'm feeling and moves on. They don't bug me too much.

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment and Anatomy Scan on Sept 4th!

September 20th, 2011, 10:08 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysumday View Post
Everything. I can't go to the bar and just hang out and can't go to the clubs with everyone. I can't go to Cedar Point (amusement park near me) for the haunted houses. I can't go to haunted houses. I mean its not like they are going rock climbing or anything. Maybe its just me being hormonal and single and starting to get cabin fever living with my mom.
True, even if you did choose not to go on some of the rides you can still go along and have fun. Also you can have fun at the bar without drinking!

I personally would HATE to go clubbing when pregnant but that's just me, and I'm probably older than you hehe

Hope they cut you some slack and let you hang out with them like a normal person!

September 20th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Super Mommy
The only thing I have had so far is when i was picking up dog poop one day in the backyard and my neighbor came over and started helping which I told her not to do then she told me I shouldn't be doing it at all anyway. The thing is usually I clean the litter box and my husband picks up the dog poop but since you aren't supposed to deal with cat litter/feces/urine while pregnant we switched jobs so now my job is to pick up poop, no big deal to me.

I am not showing much yet and no strangers have thought I was pregnant yet, but that is when it gets annoying for me. They think they need to hold the door, or help you with everything just because you are pregnant.

Sorry you're having to deal with it when you just want to get out and do some fun stuff. Just do what you want to do and ignore their opinions.

September 21st, 2011, 10:16 AM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love it when people hold the door for me just because they see I'm pregnant! lol. However, I get what you're saying. My dad's the worst! When we were moving in this past August, he kept telling me not to lift this box, don't lift that box, don't do anything, oh my god you're pregnant you shouldn't be doing this stuff! Seriously, I'm not going to just stand around while everyone else does all the work for me. I'm just pregnant, not an invalid. I wasn't even lifting anything heavy, he just freaks out. lol.

September 21st, 2011, 10:22 AM
Super Mommy
I totally relate to what you're saying.

at first, I loved it. My BF's parents would not let me get up to put my dirty dishes in the dishwasher, people would always carry heavy stuff for me, they always told me to sit or rest while they were working on something for me... But after a few months, I got tired of being told what to do. We're moving end of December and I'm tired of people telling me that I'll be tired, or not to do too much, or try to slow me in some project telling me not to take too much on my shoulders cause I need time to rest ... uhg!!!!!!

September 21st, 2011, 10:52 AM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Why in the world don't people treat us like princesses when we're NOT pregnant!! Sheesh!

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
September 21st, 2011, 02:19 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have people around me who constantly do that. I was bringing in a ten pound bag of oranges one day and my cousin had a fit that I was lifting that much. Huh???? I do pole dancing still, I lift my whole body weight all the time and trust me I weigh more than ten pounds lol. If my doctor is fine with this, then other people should be. It's like they just want me to sit back and gain a 100 pounds just because I'm pregnant.
September 21st, 2011, 03:20 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
I live near Cedar Point too and was disappointed I couldn't go this summer. I wouldn't want to go and not ride the rides, that would be boring. I'm also going to miss skiing this winter. And worst of all I missed out on a Porsche track day because my brother took my dad since I was pregnant. Oh well, lots of stuff to look forward to after the baby comes (if I can find a sitter, lol).
September 22nd, 2011, 07:45 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i'm sorry you've been left out. i'd love to go to cedar point. i don't think i've been there since i've had kids.
it could be your age. people treat me differently now than when i was 18.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search