Is anyone else having this dilemna who is having number two or higher?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2011, 05:43 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't figure out what I am going to do with DD when I go into labor and go to the hospital. Hubby will be home with her alot while I stay at the hospital when she's not there with us but there really isn't anyone close by that I would want to leave her with when we have to flee for the hospital and go through delivery. She's in the stage of major separation anxiety and I'm so afraid to leave her with anyone other than DH or MIL, who may or may not be around at the time. Any advice? What are you planning to do or have you done in the past?

Last edited by hoping and waiting; September 21st, 2011 at 05:55 AM.
September 21st, 2011, 06:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
thats gotta be hard for you?

thankfully for me i have a HUGE family close by and can always count on someone to help out with the kids!
When I had # 2 my son was actually in daycare at the time ( that my sister worked out ) so she helped out alot making sure he got back and forth from daycare.

this time around my sister lives down the street so she will help with #1 making sure he dont miss any school and # 2 actually goes to preschool at the daycare my twin sister works out so she will make sure she gets back and forth!

hope you can find something that works for you

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 21st, 2011, 06:19 AM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
We have a similar problem only because my oldest son is special needs and not everyone can care for him. However, there a couple of friends who will help us out in a jam.
September 21st, 2011, 08:01 AM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
Our parents will be taking turns with them, I am worried that both may cry since both are attached to me at all times and cry when others try to even hold them lol (besides my mom and his dad) but my youngest doesn't want anyone besides mommy so I'm not sure bow he'll do, but ds1 did it when he was 10months old so I could have ds2 so maybe ds2 will do better with others by the time Feb rolls around

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 21st, 2011, 08:10 AM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
My parents live 5 min from us so they will be watching Ethan while I'm in the hospital. Dh will stay with me the whole time as more than likely I will be having a section and need a lot of help. I'm sad at the thought of leaving him for a 3-4 day recovery but I know he is in great hands.
DS3- Born 11/4/14
September 21st, 2011, 08:49 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
My parents live close so they'll keep her for a few days. If they can't, my MIL would drive up to take care of her. She's more familiar with my mom, but my MIL is great with DD, too.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com
September 21st, 2011, 08:59 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I'm sorry hun that is hard I hope you can find someone you trust to watch her

My mom will be watching them and my cousin has watched them while I was in labor with the others
Karrara 10 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 1/2 07/01/06, Kayda 7 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

September 21st, 2011, 09:21 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
We r not sure yet what we r going to do either.....hoping my mom will take a few days off and stay with my kids since they both have school
September 21st, 2011, 09:35 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
our parents are 30 min away and his brother and SIL live just 15 min away so if it comes down to it he can go to their house. We haven't really talked about it but i'm kinda hoping my mom can come down and keep him and i'm sure we'll have to have his aunt on call as well since i watch my nephew so if we don't know exactly when i'm having the baby like we did last time we'll have to figure something out. Luckily my BIL doesn't have to be at work until 12. I would think i could wait it out long enough for my mom to make it to watch him before we go to the hospital this time...basically i'm not worried about it but we don't ahve a plan in place yet either.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
September 21st, 2011, 10:28 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
If I end up getting to my scheduled c-section, my parents will come in to take care of Emily. Otherwise, I guess we'll call Jeff's boss to see if she'll watch Emily until my parents can get here. They have about a 6 hour drive and it's the same amount flying since the nearest airport to fly into is a 2 hour drive from here.

September 21st, 2011, 10:43 AM
Super Mommy
Our family lives an hour and a half away. When I go into labor if it's nightime I will prob take them to my best friend who lives in town and has offered to keep them. Then once the baby is born my mom or sister will drive down and get them and bring them to the hospital and stay with them at our house. If it's during the day I may just take them up there with us and once somebody gets there they can take them down the road to Chick-Fil-A and play or something if it's looking short. They also have a playroom at the hospital.... I have no definite plans probably just wing it.

September 21st, 2011, 10:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have the same problem. Dd has major separation and stranger anxiety. There is one daycare lady that I might ask, but other than that... I haven't a clue. I'm hoping some of the stranger anxiety will ease up by feb. Mw said we could bring her to the birth center if we had to, but I would really rather not.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
September 21st, 2011, 10:56 AM
mommys munchkin's Avatar Veteran
Even if she's going through that stage, I think you have enough time to find her
someone that you trust. Make sure she is comfortable when you are not around
as much as when you are. If she can get a fun kindergarten where she forget about mummy for
Afew hours tthat would really help with separation anxiety.
September 21st, 2011, 10:59 AM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the same exact problem. We just moved out here, away from all of our family and friends. A couple of the ladies in my other PR that live close by have offered to help out during the birth. So that is our plan for now - until we can make some close friends that we can trust. After the baby is born, I expect either my DH will have to go home with DD while I stay at hospital with baby by myself, or maybe our parents will have had time to fly out by then and they can keep her while we both stay at the hospital. Only time will tell at this point. I wish I knew exactly how it was going to happen though.

September 21st, 2011, 11:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're kind of in the same predicament. I'm hoping to find a babysitter soon so he can get used to being away from us a little then they can come stay at our house when I go into labor. My mom is hoping to come too but she has to request time off pretty far in advance so I doubt we'll be able to time it when I'm in labor and I'd rather she be here after baby is born so she can spend as much time with him as possible.
September 21st, 2011, 11:59 AM
~Mindy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are in a similar situation. We live in the same town as DH's family, but half of them DH is not on speaking terms with, and the other half are not in a position health-wise to look after the kids for us. My family all live several hours away, so it stresses me out when I think about what we're going to do when I'm giving birth.

The hospital that I will deliver at offers daycare services during the day, so we may be able to take advantage of that if I'm induced. We could just schedule it for in the morning after the older kids go to school, and Malachi could go to the daycare. My labors go super fast, so by the time the kids got out of school DH could run pick them up and bring them to the hospital to meet the baby.

If I go into labor spontaneously in the middle of the night though I may just end up delivering at home because I'm not going to the hospital without DH!

September 21st, 2011, 01:41 PM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're not sure what we're going to do yet. Most likely, my parents will either come to our house to watch DS or meet us at the hospital and take DS back to our house. I'm assuming my dad will be the one home with my son, as I'm sure my mom will want to be at the hospital the whole time to see the new baby as soon as possible. But we're thinking about putting a twin bed downstairs so my mom can stay overnight with DS while I'm in the hospital (and possibly for a few weeks after).

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

September 21st, 2011, 03:34 PM
AddysMom24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AddysMom24
DD will ride up to the hospital where my mom will meet us and watch her in the waiting room or go home. I tend to have quick labors so hoping this one is the same. Then for the 1-2 nights we stay my husband and DD will go home together at my request. (Last time DH stayed and snored so loud it kept me up so I would prefer he leaves so I can sleep some!)

DD and DH will be with us during the day or she may go to daycare for a bit if its during the week while hubs and I enjoy getting to spend time with Aubrey.

my siggy was made by *Kiliki*

September 22nd, 2011, 04:58 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for listening and giving some input. I hope we can all get it figured out in the next 4-5 months. I'm thinking I may try to get my next door neighbor involved if it comes down to it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search