Confessions - vent - sort of

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2011, 11:03 AM
Super Mommy
I must confess to someone... I feel like I don't make sense at all and I'm going crazy!

I will have my gender scan next Monday, so I still don't know if I'm having a boy or a girl. But since the very beginning of the pregnancy, I've had that huge feeling it's a boy. I've been looking online for boy's nursery decors, made a list of boys names, always refer to my baby as "he", etc. So far, this isn't too bad, because it's only speculation and nothing concrete.

What I must confess about is that I alreday made 2 Old Navy and Gap orders of $100+ of boys clothes, and bought baby fabric for a boy's nursery (I'm sewing and quilting for the nursery). I told my BF that I can always return the clothes if we find out on Monday that it's a girl. The fabric on the other side is not returnable.

Am I crazy or what? There is something inside of me that tells me it's ok to spend on boys stuff even if I haven't got my gender scan. Have any of you assumed or truly beleived that you knew the gender of the baby before the gender scan?

(The reason why I think it's a boy is symptoms related. I know it doesn't mean anything, but I only had very light nausea and my sister is also pregnant with her first, expecting a girl, and she vomitted everything she ate till the 18th week).

September 21st, 2011, 11:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I knew mine was a girl and starting buying girls stuff at 6 weeks, just a gut feeling really. and i strongly believe in mothers instinct, i also knew DS was a boy
September 21st, 2011, 11:13 AM
Super Mommy
Tanks!!!!!!! WOO HOO!! Don't feel like such a loser anymore!

September 21st, 2011, 11:20 AM
Super Mommy
I'd say its totally normal to have that instinct. My mom did with all 5 of her kids and was right. As far as basing it on symptoms, I'm sure that's not accurate. My last pregnancy was a girl and was not sick at all I felt great. Good luck!
September 21st, 2011, 11:25 AM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
I feel the same... I didn't really buy anything boy specific, but everything is gender neutral and a tad on the masculine side. Mine isn't symptom-related b/c that varies so much from one person to the next. I just have a gut feeling. Even before the chinese gender chart said boy, and the mayan method said boy, i already thought it was 100% boy.

September 21st, 2011, 12:15 PM
jennybunny82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I actually had a dream that DS1 was a boy when I was 3 months along and also his name. Secretly I think it was my mom who told me his name... (she is in heaven) He also had the typical slower heart rate but I had extreme morning sickness until I was 7 months. This time my morning sickness has lightened and this baby has a higher heart rate so I'm hoping girl but haven't had any serious girl dreams or whispers from my mom. But DH and MIL think girl...

September 21st, 2011, 12:29 PM
AddysMom24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AddysMom24
I had gut feeling of boy this pregnancy and our little one is 100% girl! So be careful! My mothers intuition stinks and did with my first as well haha

my siggy was made by *Kiliki*

September 21st, 2011, 12:35 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hubby would NEVER let me even buy one outfit going by 'gut instinct' or symptoms! Although if he let me I would! haha

My symptoms for this pregnancy were far different and worse than with DD#1 and this too is a girl, so that theory is definitely out the window.

Can always sell the fabric?

September 21st, 2011, 12:35 PM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
I swore both of my boys were girls lol girl stuff was all I looked at and was shocked when both tines was told boy this time I thought boy and was right for once lol but I never bought anything until I knew the gender

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 21st, 2011, 12:42 PM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
I knew I was carrying a boy, because there are no girl babies in my family, because I wanted no sweets, I had all boy dreams, and just an overall sense. And he's a HE. I didn't buy any boy outfits before, just in case.
September 21st, 2011, 06:19 PM
Veteran
I had that same feeling with my last - I was sure it was a boy. I just knew it. Except I was flat wrong. She's all girl! If you're hoping for a boy, then I hope that's what you find out you're having on Monday! Good luck!
September 22nd, 2011, 08:08 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i hope you get a boy!
i was wrong on all 3 of my kids. this time i think it's a boy, and hope it's a boy, but i don't know yet.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

September 22nd, 2011, 08:34 AM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
I've already bought 3 girl outfits..... but I don't have any gut feeling. I couldn't pass up the $1 and $4 price for such cute clothing and a girlfriend is due 4 weeks before me.... it's a girl so I tell myself I can always give them to her!

I would be careful on buying stuff you can't return though, it would be disappointing (to me) if I spent several hundreds of dollars.... which in the baby world can happen fast!... and couldn't return/exchange it, money is tight and I would be beating myself over the head. Only 6 more days and we'll KNOW what we're having...... SO excited!!

GL!

September 22nd, 2011, 08:51 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I personally would NOT buy anything gender specific, I have even had 2 friends get told at an U/S one sex and it be wrong

Symptoms mean NOTHING I have had three girls and had very different pregnancies(well aside from my HG)and like others have said my gut was wrong with my second

I would just only make purchases you can return because there is literally a 50/50 chance for boy or girl with EVERYONE

I do hope you get your boy
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

September 22nd, 2011, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You could finish the quilt and sell it if its not a boy!
September 22nd, 2011, 10:06 AM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought mine was a girl the first couple months, but as time passed I knew more and more that he was a boy.

Even if you are mistaken it's not that big a deal to put a baby in the "wrong" color. They only wear 0-3 months for a couple months anyway, and they don't go out all that often without a blanket.
September 22nd, 2011, 10:14 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks for all of your input, I find it's funny how about half of you had that gut feeling and it happened to be right while the other half was wrong. It sort of proves that mother instinct isn't that revealing.

Yeah, I know buying gender specific stuff was not the smartest move on earth, but I couldn't control myself. I'll be able to return the clothes if it's a girl. As for the fabric, I chose grey and yellow shades, so I'm sure I'll be able to turn it into something feminine if I need too. I still have a lot of fabric to buy, so introducing something girly won't be an issue. The only thing is that grey and yellow would probably not have been my first choice for a girl. Oh well! I guess I'll just have to live with my bad impulsions!

September 22nd, 2011, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally knew my first was a boy. He never opened his legs in 3 ultrasounds, but I was more convinced of his sex than the other children who I were able to find out the sex by ultrasound. My sister has called all 7 of my children so far, and she says boy. My DH is convinced it's a girl. My cousin who has also called all 7 of my children says girl. So this is the first time where my sister and cousin don't agree. If I had to guess I would say girl based on the fact that I've had a girl name since my last pregnancy that I feel real strongly about.

Well I can't wait to hear what you are having and if you are right. My gender scan is next Friday. Good luck on Monday!

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
September 22nd, 2011, 10:46 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did the same thing and it was a boy indeed!!!! I did the same thing with my daughter and it was a girl as well. So no, I don't think you're crazy, I think there is something to that mother's intuition. Can't wait to see if you are right!
September 22nd, 2011, 11:41 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
I've been looking at super cute boy diaper prints lol I can't help it, I have a feeling this baby is a boy.....but luckily I haven't bought anything yet I think DH would kick my butt cuz he'd want me to sell my girls ones first
I hope ur instincts r right! I can't wait to find out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search