Pain up much higher than usual

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2011, 01:22 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
I have been experiencing sharp pains near my ribcage.
I've never experienced heart burn before, but I'm positive that it's not that because I woke up with them in the morning and that's usually when I get them.

Just wondering if these pains are considered normal?
They've started over the last week.

Starting a clomid journey!
September 21st, 2011, 01:57 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Funnily enough, starting yesterday afternoon I started getting these high up, rib cage pains! They are kinda sharp, kinda muscle pully? I DID have an active day yesterday lifting and cleaning. So I'm putting it down to that or pregnancy pains.

Most body/abdominal pains are normal and preggy related. I think we are almost encouraged to believe this though aren't we!? You just KNOW if we went to the doctor or called a nurse that is what they would tell us!

I'm sure its normal, probably baby having a growth spurt and stretching that uterus higher! YIPPEEE I swear this baby had a growth spurt the last 2 days. LOTS of niggly pains here.

September 21st, 2011, 02:46 PM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get those if I stretch too big or reach for something that's too high. Which sucks cause I'm relatively tall and have never had to ask for someone to get something off the top shelf for me. Now DH has to get it either cause my belly gets in the way or it's too high for me to stretch!

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
September 21st, 2011, 03:16 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
I've been getting pain sometimes where it's hard to take a deep breath. It usually only lasts for a minute or two thank God, it's very painful.
September 21st, 2011, 03:53 PM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
Try not to over-exhert yourself. MW told me today that I need to stop doing things I use to do full force, like I cant clean the entire house in 1 day anymore. I was getting those pains under my ribcage too, and figured it was from reaching. I bought a step stool for both floors of my house and I havent felt them since

September 21st, 2011, 05:26 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
It's probably from being too active. =) If it gets severe, you should probably call your doctor. Sometimes it could be from your gallbladder. Just being pregnant can put you at risk for gallstones. It can feel like a pain on the right side, it can be in the middle of your shoulder blades, or it can feel like someone snapped a band of pain around your torso. The extra estrogen and the slowing of your digestion does it.

After 8 pregnancies, my gallbladder finally went kaput. =P The first one with DD is when I started to get the pain around my ribs.
September 21st, 2011, 08:22 PM
Super Mommy
I had severe pain that felt like it was under my ribcage when I was pregnant with my daughter. The doc said it was an exacerbated gall bladder. They told me to take over the counter Zantac 75 and it made the pain go away. They said if it didn't go away completely after pregnancy that I would probably need to have the gall bladder removed. Thankfully it went away. But I am afraid I will get it again with this pregnancy. I hope that is not what you are having, but I think you should give your doc a call or pay them a visit just to make sure.

September 22nd, 2011, 03:27 PM
Super Mommy
So after my post yesterday, of course I start getting these dull pains today. I know it isn't my gallbladder though because the pain is on the left side. It is dull pain that is just uncomfortable. So I was thinking, what side is your pain on? If it isn't on the right side, then it probably isn't gallbladder like I suggested.

September 22nd, 2011, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I get pain exactly like you described, have in every pregnancy, but particularly with my two boys. (first and now) My docs have never really been able to explain why, but seem unconcerned. Hope it goes away and you feel better!

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

September 22nd, 2011, 08:56 PM
.ingrid.'s Avatar TTC #2 on clomid
It's a quick jab of a stitch like sensation. Rather painful and repeatative.
The only thing that seems to help, is moving around a little.
I know it's not my gall bladder, cos I dont have one

Maybe it IS from over doing it..
The day before I got it really bad, I had cleaned the house, all over, high and low.. it took me all day.

But since having the pains, I've taken it easy and it's gone away?

Starting a clomid journey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search