Is baby on his/her head?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2011, 08:04 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to the Dr today, and bacause I'm old, he does a quick 2d scan every visit. (baby wouldn't move it's leg to see the sex though lol)

Anyway, baby was basically on it's back at the bottom of my uterus with it's head on my right side, feet to the left. When I go top bed I lay on my right side to watch tv for a little and usually fall asleep. So is it weird to think if I lay on that side, I will be basically be making baby stand in her head, or will it just ride it out and settle in when I'm done moving?

Might be a stupid question, but it is all I can think about right now

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment and Anatomy Scan on Sept 4th!

September 21st, 2011, 08:09 PM
Super Mommy
It is actually kind of funny! I never thought of that. Baby will eventually be standing on its head for a while when it turns head down to get ready for delivery, so I am sure it isn't a problem. You say you're old and I could probably look somehwere, but it is easier just to ask, how old are you? I am 34 and think I am one of the oldest in this DDC, but I know there are a few older than me.

September 21st, 2011, 08:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
One of my twins was stuck in the transverse position. I would lay on my side and it was always on his head. He actually has a flat spot on his head because of it. I'm sure it's also because he barely had any room after awhile, pretty crowded in there. I could tell them apart because of their head shapes, lol.

I'm almost 36. One of the older ones on here too.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
September 21st, 2011, 08:56 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My baby was head down a week ago and at my rescan it had moved to transverse. I guess this early on they flip all sorts of different ways.
September 21st, 2011, 08:57 PM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My baby is mostly head down, but he was moving like crazy. They have plenty of room to move, flip, and spin still
September 21st, 2011, 09:49 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 35, will be 36 a few weeks before my due date. I don't think I am old, but this is my first baby, and they put me in the higher risk category. I guess to just watch me, and make sure all is good. If I get to have an ultrasound every time I go to the dr, then I'll take it. lol

I know I probably shouldn't be worrying about it, because it is not something I can change. I should just focus on the amount of room baby does have, and force myself to assume baby is just sloshing around in there and will settle in a better position when I settle.

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment and Anatomy Scan on Sept 4th!

September 22nd, 2011, 06:40 AM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
i think i read somewhere that if there not comfortable they will move.. so maybe your baby like to be on their head i am sure if its unconfortable for them they will move...

September 23rd, 2011, 05:17 PM
Mama2Nico's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaroo View Post
I'm 35, will be 36 a few weeks before my due date. I don't think I am old, but this is my first baby, and they put me in the higher risk category. I guess to just watch me, and make sure all is good. If I get to have an ultrasound every time I go to the dr, then I'll take it. lol

I know I probably shouldn't be worrying about it, because it is not something I can change. I should just focus on the amount of room baby does have, and force myself to assume baby is just sloshing around in there and will settle in a better position when I settle.
I got pregnant with Nico when I was 35 and had him when I was 36. I will be 38 when this little one arrives. Most of the moms in my playgroup are mid thirties to early forties. I don't like how some Dr.'s scare you by throwing the words "high risk" around too much, but then the extra check-ups and scans are nice too.

Nico was breech and I had a planned c-section. His head was basically under my rib cage I think, I wondered the same thing about laying on that side. I did not opt to try to turn him because I have a bicornuate uterus. There are different degrees of a bicornuate...in my case, my uterus is heart shaped so it has two "horns." Some people have it to the extent that they have two separate uterine cavities.
It is different than a septate uterus, but doctors who are not familiar with it sometimes confuse the two. While a bicornuate uterus does not usually hinder one's ability to get pregnant, it does mean a risk of preterm labor or a baby in breech position, like Nico was. Luckily with him, I made it to full term and had my c-section at 39 weeks. He was in breech position the entire time, and I figured as long as he was comfy, that was fine, hehe

((hugs)) mama!

Last edited by Mama2Nico; September 23rd, 2011 at 06:01 PM.
September 24th, 2011, 10:58 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
idk, i wonder about baby being upside down for so long at the end, too.
i think my baby was in the same position for a while, but it seems to have changed.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search