Stock pile

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2011, 09:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Started my stock pile of Diapers today

Bought a box of size 1 & size 2 pampers today!!!

My goal from buying ahead & what I get at my babyshower is that once hailey is born I won't have to buy diapers or wipes for the first year!!

Alyssa was 11 months when I ran out & that was without us stocking up on any just what we got at the babyshower

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 21st, 2011, 09:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that's amazing about going 11 months with your other daughter. I have never really thought to do this. What a cool goal! Actually with this one though I'm going to use my cloth diaper stash that I have from when I attempted cloth diapering with the twins.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
September 21st, 2011, 09:50 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, you got that many diapers at your babyshower? I always give diapers at babyshowers and end up looking like the boring gift giver lol. Nobody else ever gives diapers but me.
September 21st, 2011, 10:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep I put on regisrty diapers & wipes needed I had no idea I would actually get so many. Wipes I didn't buy till she was 13 months old.

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 21st, 2011, 10:44 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is fantastic! We use cloth but even so its nice to have some extra wipes or diapers for when we travel. I had a friend who had a diaper shower and I thought that was a great idea

September 21st, 2011, 11:40 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Yup it's a great idea! I started buying diapers right when I found out. So far we have 4 newborn packages, 5 packages of 1's, 5 packages of 2's, 4 packages of 3's, and 3 packages of 4's. We buy one package a week so we should have another 18 packages on top of that before he gets here!
DS3- Born 11/4/14
September 22nd, 2011, 06:00 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
My mother in law is getting us a box of 234 (from sams club) a month for a year as one of my shower gifts. I need to start getting boxes of those too...but every time I go to the store I just really get lazy and dont want to buy them, but at the same time I want the house to have that clean baby diaper/wipe smell

September 22nd, 2011, 09:12 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
QUESTION QUESTION QUESTION

I heard conflicting advice about this. My Gfs said don't stock pile because you don't know what size your baby will need. How do you work around that, because I'd like to buy now, but I don't want to waste money on diaper sizes we dont need.

Last edited by sarha81; September 22nd, 2011 at 09:32 AM.
September 22nd, 2011, 10:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I put on my shower invites "Bring a pack of diapers and get entered in the door prize" So everyone will bring a pack of them. Also we are trying cloth diapering and are putting Gdiapers on our registry.
September 22nd, 2011, 11:19 AM
Super Mommy
I also have diapers on my gift list. Both, disposable and cloth. I already have 24 cloth diapers but beleive that 36 wouldn't be too many. Like allison said, disposable are practicle for when you travel, so I'll need some for sure!

How much does everyone budget for diapers per month? I think they might be more expensive in Canada... just an impression.

September 22nd, 2011, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarha81 View Post

I heard conflicting advice about this. My Gfs said don't stock pile because you don't know what size your baby will need. How do you work around that, because I'd like to buy now, but I don't want to waste money on diaper sizes we dont need.
None of my baby's did the newborn size, they went straight into size 1's. Even if you don't stock pile the newborn, you could stockpile a few of the rest. I would have had trouble doing this with my first child because I find that my babies' pee stunk with Huggies. Finally with baby #3 I got the Parent's Choice Walmart brand and have loved it. So I at least know which ones I would get, but that being said I'm doing cloth this time.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
September 22nd, 2011, 12:29 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarha81 View Post

I would orderr from Amazon they have 365 day returns for unopened baby items so you could buy multiple packs and return whatever you don't use for a refund.

September 22nd, 2011, 04:24 PM
Super Mommy
Good for you! I have been planning on doing this too, I just haven't started yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search