GI Pain

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2011, 11:59 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
All night, I have been having a burning pain in my stomach. It really started yesterday, but it's been getting steadily worse. I can't even sleep, it hurts so bad and it's making me nauseous. It feels exactly like Gastroenteritis, but I don't have any diarrhea - just the usual constipation. My next appointment isn't for two weeks, but I'm hurting really badly. I don't know if I should just wait it out until the 5th (ouch!) or call and try to make a sooner appointment (they've done this before, no problem). I'm in so much pain!

September 22nd, 2011, 05:59 AM
~Mindy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you're in a lot of pain and it's not letting up it might be best to give your doctor a call and see what they think. Hope you feel better soon!

September 22nd, 2011, 06:13 AM
Kitusne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd say talk to your doctor if you're in that much pain. I hope you feel better soon.
September 22nd, 2011, 06:21 AM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
I would call your doctor and see if you should come in asap or maybe she can give you tips on how to releave it.

September 22nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I would also call the doctor if you are in that much pain now think about how much worse it will get if you wait.

ETA If your doctors office is like mine you can always talk to a nurse and they will tell you if you need to see the doctor.

September 22nd, 2011, 08:44 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I agree I would call and make and appointment if your in pain that is not cool, I hope it is minor and they can give you something to take it away
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 11mo 10/10/13

September 22nd, 2011, 08:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have IBS (so far thats my diagnosis) been sick since I was 2. My first pregnancy was amazing and I was perfect for 10 months, but this one is really messing with my belly. My OB prescribed me Bentyl. It works really well but you cant take it 4 times a day like the bottle says, just as needed. I usually take it before going out to eat, Also could it be Acid reflux? Im on zantac twice a day to keep mine at bay.
I hope you feel better. I would call the Dr. Better to feel better than suffer and get stressed!
September 22nd, 2011, 11:48 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
I would call the dr, better safe then sorry when preggo
September 22nd, 2011, 01:45 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
Oh, I called the doctor. She's off and they'd only let me leave a message. I'd be willing to bet that it is Enteritis. But seeing as she isn't even going to get my message until tomorrow, I think the soonest she'll be able to see me is Monday, so I think I may wind up going to the ER. If it's the inflammation I think it is, it's caused by bacteria/infection and I don't want to play around with infection - whether is can travel to the baby, or not - I don't want to sit on my but for practically a week and do nothing, just in case. The staff up there is really sweet and they understand. Besides, when the cramping in my stomach starts, it triggers cramping in my pelvis, so I essentially hurt from my boobs to my vajayjay. I've gone in for far less than this and received a warm welcome, so I've pretty much decided to go in.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search